Dave's Zombie Proof Bunker and Refuge for Unattached Wimmens

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, The rules of the game are as follows:

tumblr_mhgl05OzAg1rnlfsgo1_500.jpg

I just know you're unrolling that thing.

Don't play with your food, Kitten.

*eyes wide, hurriedly hiding the flat piece of chocolate cake behind my back with sticky fingers... a dot of white filling on my nose and a crumb of chocolate on my chest, trying to sound innocent, shaking my head*

Not playing! Uh uh.... nope....:D:cattail:

I know the sun is down, and it's a bit windy, but I need to step outside and lock up the chickens. Then I'll come back in here and take a shower, unless Dave has a bathtub somewhere I don't know about...

I'll definitely be back in the bunker directly...

*eyes wide, hurriedly hiding the flat piece of chocolate cake behind my back with sticky fingers... a dot of white filling on my nose and a crumb of chocolate on my chest, trying to sound innocent, shaking my head*

Not playing! Uh uh.... nope....:D:cattail:

* walks up to you with a very stern look on my face. Leans in as if to look behind your back. Dips head down, opens mouth, and licks the dollop of sweet creamy filling off of your chest*

Mmmmmmm.

*walks away*

* walks up to you with a very stern look on my face. Leans in as if to look behind your back. Dips head down, opens mouth, and licks the dollop of sweet creamy filling off of your chest*

Mmmmmmm.

*walks away*

*smirks as I watch Dave walk away. I bring my cake back out and resume scooping the cream off with my fingers, humming and wiggling happily as I make a big mess, nibbling until the cake is gone. I consider for a moment and then dig into the box one more time, splitting the cellophane and taking out two more cakes, carefully peeling off the chocolate shell and starting all over again.* :D:cattail:

As I sit with my back against the wall, watching people come and go in the bunker, laughing and talking, I realize that I really couldn't have found a better place to settle now. This place is safe in so many ways.

I purr contentedly as I lick the last of the sugar from my fingertip and smile softly.

Yup. Definitely worth calling home.

[Whoohoo! 10,000 posts! LOL!]

As I sit with my back against the wall, watching people come and go in the bunker, laughing and talking, I realize that I really couldn't have found a better place to settle now. This place is safe in so many ways.

I purr contentedly as I lick the last of the sugar from my fingertip and smile softly.

Yup. Definitely worth calling home.

I'm glad you feel this way. If there really ever is a cataclysmic event that decimates 95% of the population, I hope to have y'all as my surviving group of friends as we have our party at the end of the world.

[Whoohoo! 10,000 posts! LOL!]

That has to be tough to post so much in so little time with such cute paws.

Be careful out there, RA. *turns on a light to help her find her way safely back*
:rose:

Congratulations on 10,000 posts, PL! :rose:

Good evening, Dave. :kiss:

*Wanders up to the highest part of the bunker, just below the top of the guard tower. Thinks for a second and then flips on the lights, showing the fields to be full of walking horrors who stop and turn towards the lights. Their comical, shambling gates resume but with a new goal. They are walking towards the bunker.

My mood dictates my action, as always. My heart is on my sleeve and it is currently furious, filling me with an all consuming rage towards this incessant attack. Wander out there all you want, and even try to get in here. Fall in the moat and decompose into a peppermint schnapps and zombie guts mixture of Soylent Green biodiesel and help power the very engine of your destruction. Fuck you, zombies.

I yank back hard on the charging handle of an M2 fifty caliber automatic weapon. The T&E controls are both loosened to allow me to do all the traversing and elevating that I want without interference from a pre-set adjustment.

In my head, I start chanting the words to a Beastie Boys song...

"Lookin' down the barrel of a gun,
son of a bitch,
gettin' paid,
gettin' rich.

Ultraviolence is running through my head.
Cold medina, y'all, making me see red.
Rapid fire Louie like Rambo got bullets
I'm a die harder like my man Bruce Willis."

The butterfly trigger is depressed and the long rifle lurches and flame and sound explode out the front of the barrel. Rounds half an inch wide go down range and explode the rotting flesh of those poor undead things. A software developer who couldn't make Yahoo Messenger work reliably is the first to go down, the inventor of the McRib sandwich is cut in half by the round that hits his gut, and a woman who drove her boyfriend to commit suicide is dispatched with all of the subtlety that this heavy weapon can pour out...which is to say none.

An old man, shambling at an alarming cant and nearly falling with every step, is next. That'll teach him to block the left lane on I-95 for thirty two miles. "Couldn't happen to a nicer guy," I say to myself as he slips to the ground. A city councilman, known for making horribly bad decisions is given a reason to have a knee jerk reaction. The better of his two lower legs is destroyed by one of the rounds passing through the ruined flesh and he falls face forward into the moat, never to rise again. The network executive that canceled Firefly is next; a round destroys his face and the headless body stumbles for exactly two more steps before going down in a motionless pile of waste.

I stop shooting and the world is silent again except for the reverberating booms of the gunfire echoing back off of distant trees. "What has this world come to?" I ask nobody in particular.

The black rifle hisses and pops as a light drizzle of rain begins to fall and land on the hot, black metal. The narrow rise of smoke exiting the barrel is lost above the line that the lights cut through the darkness. Golden points of pain lie linked together and trail off below the weapon into the ammo box on the deck beneath the receiver and empty brass casings litter the area all around. Over fifty years old in design, the big crew served rifle is still deadly and as black as my heart.

"Damn these things. Why this? Why this...responsibility...this burden?"

I turn off the lights and go below to lie in a fitful sleep, awakened over and over by dreams of why nobody ever gets what they want...and usually more than they deserve.*

I don't even drink coffee and I want to try it. ( My step father is a doctor and he always told me growing up that it would stunt my growth so I never learned to like it. I'm still waiting for that growth spurt though. I'm just short of six feet tall, but I expected so much more for not drinking the coffee.)

*tiptoeing in*

This was in the bus shelter at school...made me laugh and think of Chaingun...

image_zps7ba570a5.jpg

*tiptoeing out*

I don't even drink coffee and I want to try it. ( My step father is a doctor and he always told me growing up that it would stunt my growth so I never learned to like it. I'm still waiting for that growth spurt though. I'm just short of six feet tall, but I expected so much more for not drinking the coffee.)

Which is why you were offered the other ;)

Or

5pgg6y_2x2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back