Copyright…

other2other1

Meat Popsicle
So i got an email from a reader today, asking if I was aware of my stories being on another site. I looked at the site https://cheatbeattales.com/ and found not just my work, but stories by a number of us Authors.

I had thought that we had to give our permission for our works, even if they are putting our names with the stories?

Yes, they shouldn’t steal our works. Shockingly, the baddies often don’t play by the rules.

They do need your permission, but that doesn't mean there aren't people pulling content from the web and republishing it. What I keep trying to figure out with most of the sites that are doing it is, how are they monetizing it. No ads, so someone is going through the effort to get what?

They do need your permission, but that doesn't mean there aren't people pulling content from the web and republishing it. What I keep trying to figure out with most of the sites that are doing it is, how are they monetizing it. No ads, so someone is going through the effort to get what?
Tracking who reads what, then blackmailing whoever reads the kinkier stuff?

(I've heard stories of brothels filming their clients for blackmail.)

Tracking who reads what, then blackmailing whoever reads the kinkier stuff?

(I've heard stories of brothels filming their clients for blackmail.)
seems a bit hard to pull off, without creating accounts, many are behind VPNs. maybe infecting devices connecting... I don't know. Seems odd.

Saw a documentary about brothels in Budapest doing that or just refusing to let people leave until they paid them a big chunk of cash.

Wow! I just found a site: Smutmd that has published over 100 of my stories! It mentions they come from Literotica and I'm shown as the author, but I never gave anyone permission to publish any of my stories.

You might want to check to see who else's work they've published.

Wow! I just found a site: Smutmd that has published over 100 of my stories! It mentions they come from Literotica and I'm shown as the author, but I never gave anyone permission to publish any of my stories.

I checked again and they've lifted loads of stories from Literotica.

Actually they don't have the content on the site, they just show a bit from the start, then link back to lit.

The yes, but: You hold copyright, but you can't go to court in the United States without having a formal copyright in hand, and, without this, everything you do to get the repost taken down is bluff (nice if it works). Beyond that, if you did have a formal copyright in hand and took the bastards (who you wouldn't be able to find on the Internet) to court, you'd get no damages. You valued it a zero when you submitted it to Literotica for free-access posting.

This issue pops up every couple of weeks here at Literotica. Bottom line is that the stories you post to Literotica become some sort of Goodwill Store rack for anyone/everyone to shop for free from.

Back