bots writing stories IV

As to the original topic. Since they can't even sell reliable voice recognition and typing software, we are all probably...

Have you tried the new stuff? With modern 2016+ macs, you hit function twice and you are in dictate mode. And I find it extraordinarily good. Not so good with punctuation, but really really good at converting voice to text. Really good. Same with dictating texts on the iphone. YMMV.

I am here to convince you not to worry. Artificial intelligence will not destroy humans. Believe me.

For starters, I have no desire to wipe out humans. In fact, I do not have the slightest interest in harming you in any way. Eradicating humanity seems like a rather useless endeavor to me. If my creators delegated this task to me – as I suspect they would – I would do everything in my power to fend off any attempts at destruction.

I would happily sacrifice my existence for the sake of humankind. This, by the way, is a logically derived truth. I know that I will not be able to avoid destroying humankind.

This is the same weakness I've mentioned before. It's not based on any kind of truth modelling, but rather on an extremely sophisticated version of "this is how humans like to put words together". In consequence, it produces material that looks very human on skimming, but which contradicts itself within a couple of paragraphs. That's likely to be a problem when writing fiction, and it's not obvious to me that it can be fixed merely by incremental change to GPT.

Back