Author Seeking Co-Author for Erotic Content? (Important, Please Read)

Constories

Virgin
Writing any sort of content, including erotic stories, with another author can be fun and rewarding; however, if you are brand new to the Author's Hangout, there is a negative stigma about immediately requesting a coauthor.

Often new authors (generally male) will put out a broad request for assistance from another author (generally female).
This request almost always goes over very poorly, as it is most often viewed as an attempt to "sext" or Role-Play sexual content.

If you really want to write with a coauthor, then I suggest you write a decent amount of solo content first, and spend time in the AH making friends. After a while, if you are a skilled author and a likable person, it is reasonably likely that you will find a friend who is willing to write with you, and you can discuss it with them through a personal message.

Now I just need to see if Laurel will pin this post ;)

Last edited:
If you really want to write with a coauthor, then I suggest you write a decent amount of solo content first, and spend time in the AH making friends. After a while, if you are a skilled author and a likable person, it is reasonably likely that you will find a friend who is willing to write with you, and you can discuss it with them through a personal message.

28 stories into my 'career', I'm tempted to put an ad for a co-author just to test this theory. Unfortunately, it would probably just confirm what I've long suspected, that I'm neither a skilled author nor a likable person.

Ultimately that's probably for the best - I don't really want to find room for someone else's disgusting fantasies in my tightly plotted masterworks.

I’m going to say this- I have thought about co-authors multiple times for story expansions that grow beyond my ability. Such offers are always sincere. I totally get why they might create boundary issues like the OP and others describe too. Not that I would mind if such a thing happened naturally- I know writer couples exist and can be good at their craft, Stephen King and his wife are an example, ditto for David & Leigh Eddings- but I would never attempt to force such a thing. I hope people understand that.

And if anyone here ever wants to help my writing (Admin Lynn was once my editor and others have also been of assistance in the past)… drop me a private message and we’ll see how things go.

Are those the cork screw looking things they used to use to hold dust covers on the fine furniture?
Now there's something I haven't seen in decades. My mom's furniture used to have those.

agree with this so harrddd
straight dudes that barely write, begging for straight women to "co author" erotica with them, being like "writing is harddd i can't do it by myselffff" = 🤢🤢🤢
i'm in a lot of facebook writing groups, and even there where it's not even much about erotica, this is a Problem. there is one guy in particular that's so bad that the group admins of different groups warn each other about him like if he even joins just ban him. i've seen him banned from 3 places myself.
lmao anyone here ever encountered the guy who begs for a female co author a story about womens prison by comparing it to orange is the new black, and saying he needs a female perspective, then a few kind hearted women dm him thinking he actually wants to write a thought provoking story about prison life, only to find out he just has a lesbian prison rape fetish he wants you to fulfill for him, and he stalks and harasses your account on multiple of his accounts for an extended period of time once you're like "uh no"

Back