AOC's Chronic Foot In Mouth Disease

So, "AOC, please shut the fuck up" isn't your opinion, but, instead, commentary on the pitch of her voice as it relates to the pain it generates in your inner ear?

As you are qualified to opine on the immigrant experience, what makes your opinion more or less valid than another's?

I never said anyone wasn't entitled to an opinion. (Not trying to be pedantic but "AOC, please shut the fuck up" is not an opinion. It is a highly satirical and rhetorical request but I digress.)

We can all have opinions on anything. What makes a big difference is the justification to form that opinion. That brings credibility (or not) to your opinion and therefor earns (or fails to earn) the respect of others and increases (or decreases) the likelihood that others will agree with you.

So yes, AOC has every right to her opinion that KG would be clueless about the "immigration experience" because she is not really a first generation US citizen. My point was how easy it was to discredit her justification for that opinion. Since this is standard operating procedure for AOC, it would be refreshing that the elevate her game before she opened up her mouth with further words of wisdom.

As to my opinion on the immigration experience, I haven't given it. I was asked if I felt qualified to and I answered yes. As I just said, I (like us all) can have an opinion on anything so I guess that makes us qualified but I suppose that was not the spirit of the question. In that spirit, yes, based on my lineage, I feel that I am eminently qualified to a well justified opinion on the immigration experience.

And let's keep in mind that my opinions, grounded or not, have little consequence to those outside of earshot. AOC on the otherhand is a fucking Congresswoman. Her opinions can turn into public policy and law. She damn well better be able to substantiate her opinions better than she has thus far.

Last edited:
I never said anyone wasn't entitled to an opinion. (Not trying to be pedantic but "AOC, please shut the fuck up" is not an opinion. It is a highly satirical and rhetorical request but I digress.)

We can all have opinions on anything. What makes a big difference is the justification to form that opinion. That brings credibility (or not) to your opinion and therefor earns (or fails to earn) the respect of others and increases (or decreases) the likelihood that others will agree with you.

So yes, AOC has every right to her opinion that KG would be clueless about the "immigration experience" because she is not really a first generation US citizen. My point was how easy it was to discredit her justification for that opinion. Since this is standard operating procedure for AOC, it would be refreshing that the elevate her game before she opened up her mouth with further words of wisdom.

As to my opinion on the immigration experience, I haven't given it. I was asked if I felt qualified to and I answered yes. As I just said, I (like us all) can have an opinion on anything so I guess that makes us qualified but I suppose that was not the spirit of the question. In that spirit, yes, based on my lineage, I feel that I am eminently qualified to a well justified opinion on the immigration experience.

And let's keep in mind that my opinions, grounded or not, have little consequence to those outside of earshot. AOC on the otherhand is a fucking Congresswoman. Her opinions can turn into public policy and law. She damn well better be able to substantiate her opinions better than she has thus far.

Well, your opinion sure as fuck ain't going far here.

giphy.gif

Have you bothered to write all your feels to her directly? Like most Representatives, she reads stuff people send her, you know.

I remind you of the crux of your OP is: "Here's the problem. KG's affirmation of being a Latina is just a legitimate as AOC's."

How fucking dumb do you have to be to think that OAC questioning Gilfoyle's lineage evolves into public policy and law? Are you suggesting that AOC is advocating for latin ariernachweis? Or is it more likely that this is spat between two people and you're rising in defense of one for reasons that probably have to do with KG's red dress?

I remind you of the crux of your OP is: "Here's the problem. KG's affirmation of being a Latina is just a legitimate as AOC's."

How fucking dumb do you have to be to think that OAC questioning Gilfoyle's lineage evolves into public policy and law? Are you suggesting that AOC is advocating for latin ariernachweis? Or is it more likely that this is spat between two people and you're rising in defense of one for reasons that probably have to do with KG's red dress?

How fucking dumb do you have to be to think that I at all suggested that AOC's dealing with KG's lineage would evolve into public policy or law.

What I am suggesting is that the opinions of members of Congress are the basis by which they conduct themselves. Their opinions are the basis by which they write bills and vote. If they do not have the mental horsepower to shape those positions with some basis in fact, it does not bode well for how they will fulfill the obligations of the office they hold. In my opinion, AOC's process for shaping opinions is extremely flawed and underwhelming. I expect her record in Congress will be the same.

Every Puerto Rican born in the last 100 years is an American. AOC merely pointed out that calling herself "first generation" was baseless, he father's being from Ireland notwithstanding.

Every Puerto Rican born in the last 100 years is an American. AOC merely pointed out that calling herself "first generation" was baseless, he father's being from Ireland notwithstanding.

But the fact that her father immigrated from Ireland IS with standing and therefore isn't baseless. That is a fact that Ms. AOC chose to ignore.

The whole point of this is that AOC has used an all too common tactic these days. Find some fault in something someone said, no matter how insignificant (first generation) even if that fault is fraudulently substantiated, and attempt to discredit everything else about them.

To be clear, I regard Ms. Guilfoyle as an insignificant player on the political stage. What she says or what her positions are on any subject of the day are about as significant as mine are. This was just an example of how we have become so divided these days. The betty sniping and snarky attacks on irrelevant issues. It is pretty sad really.

Back