Anyone know how long it takes for Lit-E to process a name change or a story removal?

Testing_site

Storyteller
I forgot I had a Lit-E account, and so I had trouble signing up for one. When I worked it out, I found a story that I had published in 2016. It's hard to read old writing, and I hate it. It makes me cringe. So I've applied to have it removed, and to change my name, so that I'm not associated with it.

That was a few days ago. I figured it should take roughly the same amount of time as getting a piece published, right? Anyone know how long it will take?

Anything like that goes to the back of the line behind new releases. I would expect it to take at least a week, maybe a little longer.

Everything other than new story submissions seems to be experiencing longer delays lately.

I forgot I had a Lit-E account, and so I had trouble signing up for one. When I worked it out, I found a story that I had published in 2016. It's hard to read old writing, and I hate it. It makes me cringe. So I've applied to have it removed, and to change my name, so that I'm not associated with it.

That was a few days ago. I figured it should take roughly the same amount of time as getting a piece published, right? Anyone know how long it will take?

Submitted my story with the request to change my Nickname in the evening, and woke up six hours later with the whole thing done. Though, I guess it depends on how unique your new nickname is.

I've been waiting over a month for some very minor edits to take effect.
Still pending...

Changes and deletions can take a while, as people here have been mentioning. Two weeks is about average. I just had an edited story that was in pending for about five weeks until it was approved. I did send a message to Laurel on Tuesday about it, and it went through last night or this morning.

On July 7th I resubmitted four stories that had originally been posted in chapters or parts, requesting that the new versions replace the chapters/parts. All four of the replacement stories went live on July 28th.

That was three weeks but Laurel did all four stories at the same time, so I can't say that the results for a single story would be similar.

I had a "remove" posted on Tuesday (9/5) executed this morning (9/8). Three days. Story deletions have been relatively quick for me. However, two of them were in the "sent back" (rejected) silo. Those could not be edited for acceptable content because the point of the story was why they were rejected.

Sounds like a lack of accountability.

Back