Anyone in Florida?

It looks like my area is in the Cat 4 range and since it moved more west it seems to be right over us. Since I work on a barrier island, and evacuations started at 3 PM today, our office closed at noon. So much fun preparing the office for Hurricane Status, blue tarps and all. So off work until Monday. I'm still not able to do much around here but did the best I could bringing in small stuff and putting chairs in the pool.

Everyone stay safe and respect the wind and flood waters. Those will be around for a while.

(Where's that umbrella emoji??)

Good luck Tweety.....strap yourself in, it may be a rough ride!!

It looks like my area is in the Cat 4 range and since it moved more west it seems to be right over us. Since I work on a barrier island, and evacuations started at 3 PM today, our office closed at noon. So much fun preparing the office for Hurricane Status, blue tarps and all. So off work until Monday. I'm still not able to do much around here but did the best I could bringing in small stuff and putting chairs in the pool.

Everyone stay safe and respect the wind and flood waters. Those will be around for a while.

Be smart and stay safe!!!

This hurricane is pretty much the worst welcoming party ever.
It's not even bringing cake.

I'm right in that Cat 4 path.
Someone please tell me Florida gets better. :p

It does get better. Beautiful beaches, reasonably good sunny weather year round, every bug you ever want to see, some new species of snakes and can't not love those love bugs....

I'm in the path of that Cat 4 too.... we are as prepared as we can be. As long as flooding stays down we'll be good.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting.

And Publix has delicious cakes.... just saying......

It does get better. Beautiful beaches, reasonably good sunny weather year round, every bug you ever want to see, some new species of snakes and can't not love those love bugs....

I'm in the path of that Cat 4 too.... we are as prepared as we can be. As long as flooding stays down we'll be good.

Tomorrow is going to be interesting.

And Publix has delicious cakes.... just saying......

Yes, Florida does get better, and speaking of Publix… get some chicken tenders (or a chicken tender sub). You won't regret it.

Fortnuately over here on the west side we dodged a big one.there are likely tornado warnings around jacksonville but i guess the eye wall packing the big winds brushed the coastline sparring thousands of people.you can never fully predict mother nature .hope everyone is ok and didnt get any serious damage.

original.jpg

Just saw this for Daytona.

Well, we might need some roof repairs, and our car port is now 1/2 it's original length, but the eye is just past us and we're all good.
Walls still standing, windows unbroken, people unhurt.
We'll survive.

I'll find out how bad It is tomorrow.... and I'm sure i'll be back at work by Sunday picking stuff up!!:(

Well, we might need some roof repairs, and our car port is now 1/2 it's original length, but the eye is just past us and we're all good.
Walls still standing, windows unbroken, people unhurt.
We'll survive.

People unhurt is the best part of that sentence. Here, which is close to Miami, we managed to dodge the bullet and only had the power blink once for about 10 seconds. (rubbing the lucky rabbit's foot in my pocket)
Be safe and be smart, peeps!

First hurricane for me-it missed us near Miami. Please explain "putting chairs in the pool"????? Easy way to keep them from blowing around?

First hurricane for me-it missed us near Miami. Please explain "putting chairs in the pool"????? Easy way to keep them from blowing around?

exactly. It's easier to put some things in the pool that will sink and stay safe then trying to stack them up somewhere.
no pool here so I had to haul in the trash cans, recycling bins and yard stuff to tuck it away where it would be safe.
Thankfully Thursday is our normal pick up for trash & recycling so it was all empty for me to move.

People unhurt is the best part of that sentence. Here, which is close to Miami, we managed to dodge the bullet and only had the power blink once for about 10 seconds. (rubbing the lucky rabbit's foot in my pocket)
Be safe and be smart, peeps!

We didn't do bad with the electric in my neighborhood either, south of Daytona.
A couple blinks, and the longest was like 10-20 minutes.
According to my neighbor, because the police station is so close,
we're on the same grid as them so this neighborhood loses power extremely rarely.
PLENTY of wind and rain here, and a peek out during a pause in the rain
let me see a lot of aluminum roofing panels scattered around, but for
the most part it seems the houses are all in good, livable condition still.
It ought to be clear of here by tomorrow, and we're basically at the end of it now.

I would not like another one of these any time soon, though. :rolleyes:

exactly. It's easier to put some things in the pool that will sink and stay safe then trying to stack them up somewhere.
no pool here so I had to haul in the trash cans, recycling bins and yard stuff to tuck it away where it would be safe.
Thankfully Thursday is our normal pick up for trash & recycling so it was all empty for me to move.

Yeah, that's what we did here. Thank goodness this is over, been a hectic couple days but no damage or power loss.

I'm safe over here. Brevard was spared at the last minute from what could have been absolute destruction. I feel for those further north who ended up with the damage that was spared here.

We're still without power. Hoping to get it back sometime in the next few days. We lost some fence panels but nothing we can't repair. It could've been a lot worse

Glad to see everyone survived. We had lots of wind but not a lot of rain We lost power on Thursday until Friday night. The internet just came back on this morning. Lost some of the wooden fence and a few screens off the pool -- just cosmetic nothing structural.

And you know when they tell you to get cash from the banks> yeah well someone didn't listen. A lot of places were only taking cash. And McDonald's is closed so no coffee :( But clean up today and hopefully back to work tomorrow.

I did have a good laugh off Facebook - picture of Matthew McConaghey (sexy as ever) = Hurrican Matthew - alright, alright alright.....

Prayers still for those having to face major damage to their homes.

Hope all you Florida people held up ok during the storm :)

Anybody from Jacksonville, or close by? pm me and let's chat about the scary storm ;)

Us Palm Coast people made out ok some power still out but for the most part we were lucky! As far as the people closer to the beach and on the beach they got it worse. Flagler and Jacksonville Piers were damaged and my favorite road A1A was totaled :(

But it could have been much much worse!!!! Mother nature don't play!

Us Palm Coast people made out ok some power still out but for the most part we were lucky! As far as the people closer to the beach and on the beach they got it worse. Flagler and Jacksonville Piers were damaged and my favorite road A1A was totaled :(

But it could have been much much worse!!!! Mother nature don't play!

how is clean up & repairs going???

Back