Anyone from the UK?

Nice! Uilleann pipes, low whistle and bodhran are my favourites. Ever listened to „Moving Hearts“?
I preferred Planxty. Never seen Christie but I have seen Andy Irvine at a small gig. And once had dinner at a friend's house with Johnny Moynihan (founder member of Sweeney's Men, a pre-Planxty band with Andy Irvine and Terry Woods, later of Steeleye Span and Pogues fame).

Never done the quad bikes but I have slung a Honda (Yamaha maybe?) Chappie (small wheel scooter thingie) down a dirt road on Zakinthos with me following close behind. I got a forearm full of grit. The Chappie got a bent carrier basket that we hammered back into shape before returning it very hurriedly to the rental shop.
I don't trust anything on two wheels. If gas two, I fall off. 🤣

Quads are so much fun.

I'm glad you weren't more seriously injured though.

I knew a squaddie who was left with half his skull missing when he rented a scooter in Cyprus.

Bah! Bodhran players are just hangers-on who go to sessions (séisiuns I think if I recall my Irish right) to get some free Guinness. They're like people who hang out with musicians.

Full disclosure here, I can actually mostly play Irish banjo and mandolin. I started as a guitarist but once I got good at that gave up playing it at sessions because there's always too many guitarists bashing out the same.half dozen chords unimaginatively and don't get me started on squeezebox players!
As a drummer though, I struggle with the Bodhran. Totally different wrist action if you'll excuse the potential innuendo :)

I preferred Planxty. Never seen Christie but I have seen Andy Irvine at a small gig. And once had dinner at a friend's house with Johnny Moynihan (founder member of Sweeney's Men, a pre-Planxty band with Andy Irvine and Terry Woods, later of Steeleye Span and Pogues fame).
My son's a jazz guitarist so if you need someone to play a thousand chords to three people rather than a rock guitarist to play 3 chords to a thousand people, he's your man

I had no idea it was!!
Yes. Get busloads of tourists apparently these days. Weirdly it's nowhere near the sea. Just a big house in the middle of nowhere about 20 mins drive from Ennis. The dep't store in Ennis is still going strong; the one where they actually filmed the priests in te lingeries department... hilarious. I stayed in Ennis a couple of times. Never lingered in the lingerie dep't though..... honestly!

They did.

I did love Rhodes though, especially Rhodes town, and I have a photo from there of the back of my wife in rainbow bikini thong bottoms on the balcony as my desktop photo still.

They did.

I did love Rhodes though, especially Rhodes town, and I have a photo from there of the back of my wife in rainbow bikini thong bottoms on the balcony as my desktop photo still.
Ye stayed in Rhodes Town a few times, the first time was next to the strip club🤣🤣

There isn’t a Greek island I don’t love. Crete has wonderful scuba diving. Rhodes Old Town though is fabulous. I could wander the streets all day, and did as it’s easy to get lost. Corfu fabulous but they had all put their bins out on the same day and the bin men were on strike. Cyprus great but now heavily developed. Great Roman mosaics and more good diving.

Add how hospitable the Greeks are and the food…heavenly.

Back