Any gamers here?

Hi, my name is Doctor13, and I used to be a gamer. Then I discovered that the real world held its own charms, too. :)

Hopefully at some point you'll discover that the two are not mutually exclusive!

PC Gamer here, other than occasional wii bowling with the family. I played Unreal 2k4 competitively on TeamWarfare League back in the day and ran an online racing server that kind popular around the globe. Today I enjoy hopping on Warface for some PvE fun. PvP just seems to have been overrun by wannabe twat waffles!

Someone mentioned Second Life. I also hosted a VW sim on OSGrid for awhile. I honestly have never figured out why that's never mentioned here. Takes roleplay to a WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL OMG!!!!

Still have my TS server tho :)

Just curious, how has your experience been with Just Cause 3 on console? I was really excited to give it a try on my PS4 but I was hearing that it has some pretty severe performance issues. Have you noticed any slow down/ frame rate drops?

I have just begun to scratch the surface of JC3 as it just came out and I am very much into fallout at the moment (I have an unnerving desire to max out every settlement in the game). I have heard the same things about the frame rate issues but I was assuming those were from folks who are testing the limits by doing things the devs were not prepared for. If you try to tether 3 buses together and fly into a giant nest of baddies, that is a lot of stuff for the processor to handle and I imagine it can get a little wonky. I will update if it becomes a large enough problem and makes the game unplayable.

Uhhhhhhhhh no... Microsoft did not give up on Kinect after just 3 months. They gave up on it after 5 years. It was shit from the start and the beginning of Microsoft's fall. They thought it would catch the more casual audience and people who would fall for stupid gimmicks. And Playstation is not innocent either. With it's stupid ass glow ball and now Project Morpheus, I'm starting to wonder if gaming will ever go back to its roots.

It's gaming for a reason. For fuck's sake, we want immersion, a deep and interesting story, solid mechanics, and visuals as icing on the cake.

I agree, but I was hoping the jump in Kinect quality between 360 and XB1 would be quite large (and it has been for the most part). Kinect 360 was a roaring dumpster fire disaster while Kinect XB1 showed some promise and life (assuming they would continue to upgrade it like they do with the consoles). The issue is how quickly they abandoned it as a core game play feature and turned it into a lousy peripheral. As far as immersion is concerned, that was my hope for Kinect XB1. What is more immersive than putting down the controller and physically acting out the motions you see on screen? Trouble is, since they abandoned it as a core feature no developers will make games that incorporate Kinect over the controller and what we end up with, as you stated, are stupid dance move games.

And while I'm thinking about it, yeah there are PLENTY of female gamers out there and they are usually fun as hell to play with. The ones on my friends list seem to like me a lot too and we have a great time having each others backs :)

long time pc gamer looking forward to Battle Front and Rainbow 6 Siege I like Fps games Call of Duty Battlefield so on.

What is more immersive than putting down the controller and physically acting out the motions you see on screen?

I have 171 hours into Fallout 4 so far. Let's say that Fallout 4 only worked with these type of mechanics, I would barely play it. I have a friend who used to say all the time that it would be amazing to play Halo and actually throw a grenade instead of pushing a button.

*facepalm*

The input lag for hardware these days are bad enough. Also, the accuracy is terrible for Kinect. No... it's tried and true that these gimmicks do not create immersion. Not to mention, what developer is going to invest their time and efforts into these types of games? That is a huge gamble, which is partly why you don't ever see any motion controlled games. Yes, Nintendo is doing it. That's why the Wii U is garbage. It doesn't matter, though. Nintendo is so rich that they could make these types of consoles for the next 20 years and still be fine.

Oh and I already look like a dork playing video games now. If women saw me jumping behind cover and aiming an air M911 at the screen, I would change my chances of getting a girlfriend from 1% to 0%.

Some sports activity games can be fun but to me that's about it. I seriously doubt they ever thought it would attract a hard core fps or action roleplay gamer.

I'm a PC and handheld gamer, both 3DS and Vita. I play a lot of RPGs and strategy games. I've played all kinds of WoW in the past, but haven't played since near the start of Warlords of Draenor. I *think* my character's max level, but I don't even remember that. I've been playing Final Fantasy XIV lately if I'm in the mood for an RPG. I also play a lot of Hearthstone.

i hate to be that guy but how many of you "female" gamers out here are really female and not trans?i mean i know that they are some real female gamers out there but the real ones are few and between.in my experience women tend to see gaming as something childish or for "losers"

i am a gamer too but for the life of me i have seen so few female gamers out there that i needed to ask this question on this thread.i dont aim to offend anyone though :eek:

Do you socialize in games much? I've met so many women in the games I play. As for me, I don't go out of my way to flaunt that I'm a female, but people can tell with my personality and that I prefer to play healing roles in mmos.

I think guy gamers are hot.

That's not true. I have met women playing every class or job. Why does this stereotype exist? It's complete garbage.

I'm just saying people do stereotype and over-generalize in games so if they see a player as a female character playing a healing/support role, tends to smile/hug/chat a lot, most of the time they guess it is a female. Of course there are tons of females who do dps and some that will tank, just as there are tons of male healers/support. For me, my personality just prefers to help others. I am addicted to it!

That's not true. I have met women playing every class or job. Why does this stereotype exist? It's complete garbage.

Um, looks like she's saying *she* prefers to play healing roles, not that all females do! My FF XIV guild has a number of females playing *every* class.

Um, looks like she's saying *she* prefers to play healing roles, not that all females do! My FF XIV guild has a number of females playing *every* class.

L O L! I was just about to post what seems to be complete garbage is his reading comprehension.

He just likes to give me a hard time. I forgive him. :)

I started a FFXIV character just last month. Of course she's a healer, but the game doesn't have very good pvp, is that correct? I have been wanting to play LoL for the longest time, if only I would've started at the time I first downloaded it two years ago!

I'm just saying people do stereotype and over-generalize in games so if they see a player as a female character playing a healing/support role, tends to smile/hug/chat a lot, most of the time they guess it is a female. Of course there are tons of females who do dps and some that will tank, just as there are tons of male healers/support. For me, my personality just prefers to help others. I am addicted to it!

I play female characters in games >.<

He just likes to give me a hard time. I forgive him. :)

I started a FFXIV character just last month. Of course she's a healer, but the game doesn't have very good pvp, is that correct? I have been wanting to play LoL for the longest time, if only I would've started at the time I first downloaded it two years ago!

Oh really? My FFXIV profile. I stopped at Heavensward.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2942153/

Ditto

27 year old female gamer (ps4)... I didn't realise how turned on I got by guys (and girls) who like to play as much as I until recently! Just installed fallout 4, the last of us, madden, guitar hero live and I chartered. Inbox always open if you want to talk!

I agree. I never thought of gaming as sexy until I started seeing women pose with their controllers all over the inter-webs. Gamer chicks are cool and hot! A chick playing in her underwear and a t-shirt? Almost nothing hotter.

I agree. I never thought of gaming as sexy until I started seeing women pose with their controllers all over the inter-webs. Gamer chicks are cool and hot! A chick playing in her underwear and a t-shirt? Almost nothing hotter.

Yeah gamer girls always play video games either half naked or naked! You men just play in your underwear too, right? And rub your gaming peripherals all over your hot naked bodies and sit and rub your privates on your consoles/gaming pcs...? That's normal for us gamers, right?

Have to disagree here for the most part... Some of the best healers I have known in WoW are females. Mostly priests. Though I do know a few warriors and hunters.

Hmm.

Gamer here, though mostly old school games. NES: Rygar, ( First game I completed ), Contra, 1942, Demon Sword, Tecmo Bowl ( The Raider baby! ) TNMT ( FUCK the dam level ) Double Dragon, Excite Bike, Castlevania ( I & II & III) Tetris , Remote Control ( MTV game show ). Mike Tyson's Punchout. ( with the Advantage Controller ) And of course all the Mario games. Especially Mario 3 ( Loved The Wizard.

Saga Genesis was fun too. Mostly played Sonic, Mortal Combat, and Golden Axe. LOVED Golden Axe.

I have owned just about every gaming system even the tubrograpx 16. ( Blazing lazers was an EVIL game. lol

Then I really got into PC games ( Wing Commander, Starwars X-Wing, FalconMC...SimCity , SimAnt, SimTower, Civilization ( I-III) THEN came all the RTS games. Warcraft I & II, Starcraft ,ALL the command and conquer games.

Then WoW... 11 years going strong... 6 lvl 100s, 4 lowbie bank alts.

Finally sucked it up and bought an XboxOne ( BattleFront was free ) So far I am loving it, but not a fan of FPS games.

Older gamer here, struggling through witcher 3 at the moment. PS4 is my favorite system as of now. Watch Dogs, the Last of Us, are some of my favorite games. I live in the greater Seattle area, always looking to make new friends.

Back