Another potential Democratic challenger to Biden?

BabyBoomer50s

Pen Pal
Very different kind of Democrat than RFK Jr. and Marianne Williamson.

Rep. Dean Phillips Says He Is Considering a Run Against Biden​

Mr. Phillips, a Minnesota Democrat, has received attention for his outspoken calls for aging members of the Democratic Party to step aside.

Representative Dean Phillips, a Minnesota Democrat who has for months been saying in public what many in his party only whisper in private — that the 80-year-old President Biden should not seek re-election because of his age — said he was considering challenging Mr. Biden in next year’s primary.

An heir to a Minnesota liquor fortune who showcased himself driving a gelato truck in his first House campaign, Mr. Phillips has been known in Congress for embracing the moderate suburban politics that were at the core of the general election coalition that propelled Mr. Biden’s 2020 victory. He was first elected in 2018, when he and dozens of fellow Democrats flipped Republican-held districts as suburban voters turned against President Donald J. Trump.

full-car-clown.gif

biden regime so afraid of age issue they are posting photo shopped images of him looking youthful

Mr. Phillips, a Minnesota Democrat, has received attention for his outspoken calls for aging members of the Democratic Party to step aside.

Representative Dean Phillips, a Minnesota Democrat who has for months been saying in public what many in his party only whisper in private — that the 80-year-old President Biden should not seek re-election because of his age — said he was considering challenging Mr. Biden in next year’s primary.

An heir to a Minnesota liquor fortune who showcased himself driving a gelato truck in his first House campaign, Mr. Phillips has been known in Congress for embracing the moderate suburban politics that were at the core of the general election coalition that propelled Mr. Biden’s 2020 victory. He was first elected in 2018, when he and dozens of fellow Democrats flipped Republican-held districts as suburban voters turned against President Donald J. Trump.
I don't think he will get far, but I do believe it is healthy to have a challenger for the nomination. I too think it's a good thing to have an age limit on serving and also term limits. But I don't believe either one will ever come to pass; the former because the politicians will convince the people it's against their best interests. The latter because SCOTUS has ruled it's unconstitutional.

Comshaw

Good. The Democrats need a real candidate that can run the country, not a puppet being used by cowards who hate America.

Good. The Democrats need a real candidate that can run the country, not a puppet being used by cowards who hate America.
Most Democratic voters are concerned about Biden’s age and fitness. They would prefer a candidate who is younger and sharper than the octogenarian the party elites are propping up, but neither Marianne or Bobby Jr. are the answer. If Phillips jumps in, he might draw considerable support from Democratic voters. It’s doubtful he could secure enough delegates to overtake Biden, especially with SC being the first test. But I could see his entry drawing other ambitious Democrats into the race. Gavin Newsom might even jump in. A contested primary could weaken Biden in the general election in much the same way Teddy Kennedy weakened Jimmy Carter.

Most Democratic voters are concerned about Biden’s age and fitness. They would prefer a candidate who is younger and sharper than the octogenarian the party elites are propping up, but neither Marianne or Bobby Jr. are the answer. If Phillips jumps in, he might draw considerable support from Democratic voters. It’s doubtful he could secure enough delegates to overtake Biden, especially with SC being the first test. But I could see his entry drawing other ambitious Democrats into the race. Gavin Newsom might even jump in. A contested primary could weaken Biden in the general election in much the same way Teddy Kennedy weakened Jimmy Carter.
I don’t follow the Democratic candidates, but I have read about the fear they have of another party stealing Biden votes.

Gavin is funny. He must think he’s a celebrity, I’m not sure what he would run on.
I have no doubt the Democrats will have a lot of choices next election. A lot of them under 80, that’s a plus.

I don’t follow the Democratic candidates, but I have read about the fear they have of another party stealing Biden votes.
Both parties fear third parties taking away a vote for their candidate. They would prefer that vote being taken away from the opposition

Both parties fear third parties taking away a vote for their candidate. They would prefer that vote being taken away from the opposition
Yes, I agree. I was trying to stay on topic and not bring up the opposing party. I did it!

My point is that third parties aren't unique to Democrats in their ability to disrupt.
Yes I understand you. I was simply saying I had read a recent story on the Biden camp being adamantly opposed to a 3rd party. I think I posted the line in your headline thread. Again, I was trying to stay on topic.

Sheesh. No deed goes unpunished.

Anyone but Biden or Harris

Personally, I think Trump and Biden are both too old.

But at least Biden knows what he's doing.

Back