Biden team brings in $10 million in the 24 hours after the State of the Union

BeatMan

Literotica Guru
President Joe Biden’s re-election machine brought in $10 million in the 24 hours following his State of the Union address on Thursday — a financial jolt as the campaign looks to build general election momentum off the speech.

The sum, which was shared first with NBC News, is a record for Biden’s re-election effort, the campaign said. And it’s notable even in the context of big political fundraising numbers. Biden’s campaign and affiliated committees powering the Democratic National Committee and other party groups raised $42 million in the entire month of January, for example.

The money flowed in via approximately 116,000 donations from 113,000 contributors, a senior Biden campaign adviser said. And the total builds on Biden’s early financial advantage over former President Donald Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...es-10-million-24-hours-state-union-rcna142624

President Joe Biden’s re-election machine brought in $10 million in the 24 hours following his State of the Union address on Thursday — a financial jolt as the campaign looks to build general election momentum off the speech.

The sum, which was shared first with NBC News, is a record for Biden’s re-election effort, the campaign said. And it’s notable even in the context of big political fundraising numbers. Biden’s campaign and affiliated committees powering the Democratic National Committee and other party groups raised $42 million in the entire month of January, for example.

The money flowed in via approximately 116,000 donations from 113,000 contributors, a senior Biden campaign adviser said. And the total builds on Biden’s early financial advantage over former President Donald Trump.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...es-10-million-24-hours-state-union-rcna142624
I'll be curious to see what the poll numbers look like in the next cycle. I personally didn't watch the State of the Union, because I already know it, and I find those speeches boring no matter who's giving them. I've caught a couple highlights and commentary from both sides. And from what I'm seeing, Biden was so fiery and energetic that the MAGA talking heads are now claiming he was on drugs. So I'm guessing it was a pretty good speech.

And if I were the Sergeant at Arms, I would have knocked the hat off of MTG's head. Along with her lower jaw.

Last edited:
I personally didn't watch the State of the Union, because I already know it, and I find those speeches boring no matter who's giving them.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/no-labels-third-party-2024-politics-desk-rcna142548

"As one Democratic strategist described the speech to me: “The agenda is geared to a Democratic audience, the patriotism to a swing audience, and the good delivery to the whole country.”

How those last two groups respond to Biden’s energy, message and contrasts with Trump may be the most important question of the general election. That includes the middle of the country fed up with the nation’s direction, tired of its polarized politics and disillusioned by the prospect of a general election featuring two men in their late 70s and early 80s.

The middle of the electorate, including the slice that voted for Nikki Haley in the GOP primaries, could very well decide the outcome of a 2024 presidential election that’s still some 240 days away — whether by voting for Biden or Trump, casting ballots for a third-party candidate or sitting out the election entirely."

Back