Minnesota Democratic Congressman Dean Phillips expected to challenge Biden

BabyBoomer50s

Pen Pal
Some good news for Democrats seeking a mainstream alternative to the aging and feeble Biden. Phillips is expected to announce his candidacy on Friday in Concord, NH. Unlike fringe candidates like Marianne Williamson and RFK Jr., Biden officials have noted that Phillips has consistently voted with the president while in Congress.

MINNEAPOLIS — Reports say Minnesota Congressman Dean Phillips plans to announce his intentions to run for president in the 2024 election within the coming week.

https://www.cbsnews.com/minnesota/news/minnesota-congressman-dean-phillips-run-for-president/

Good luck to anyone running against an incumbent President during war time. Jesus Christ, people, read history!

Deplorables love to trot out any example of a political challenge to Biden, thinking it will erode his leadership position. It won't. Biden will be the nominee of his party. If the Republicans continue to timidly prostrate themselves before their indicted cult leader, Biden will be re-elected.

Even if Biden dies or becomes incapacitated while in office, his administration will already be well established before Kamala Harris takes over, much the same as what happened with Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman. Nobody thought Truman could do shit until he took over the Roosevelt administration.

Good luck to anyone running against an incumbent President during war time. Jesus Christ, people, read history!

Deplorables love to trot out any example of a political challenge to Biden, thinking it will erode his leadership position. It won't. Biden will be the nominee of his party. If the Republicans continue to timidly prostrate themselves before their indicted cult leader, Biden will be re-elected.

Even if Biden dies or becomes incapacitated while in office, his administration will already be well established before Kamala Harris takes over, much the same as what happened with Franklin Roosevelt and Harry Truman. Nobody thought Truman could do shit until he took over the Roosevelt administration.
Democrats will now have a more palatable insurance policy if Biden is unable to make it through the primaries.

Its always good to have competition within the parties

Although anyone getting the nod over an incumbent is a unicorn, especially now where the media, politicians and brain washed sheeple bully you into thinking you "anti democracy' if you don't vote for the option they want you to.

Biden's a mixed bag. He's done some good things and disappointed with others. Let's see what this guy says he'll do and whether or not I believe him.

A paywall link to an op-ed. Ok, boomer.
I’m not a subscriber either but they give a small number of freebies each month or so. I’ll share some excerpts for you.

“A raw emotional divide over the [Israel-Hamas] conflict is convulsing”

I’m not a subscriber either but they give a small number of freebies each month or so. I’ll share some excerpts for you.

“A raw emotional divide over the [Israel-Hamas] conflict is convulsing”
Jeeszzzzusss fuck. Now you're quoting an excerpt from an op-ed on a paywall link. What are the names of the black and Hispanic Dems who are out for President Biden?

You’re triggered again
You linked a paywall to an op-ed that not even you can fact-check.

I'm not the one triggered here, dummy. Your grasping at anything is proof of that ;)

And watching you die on the dumbest hills is mildly entertaining :cool: :nana:

You linked a paywall to an op-ed that not even you can fact-check.

I'm not the one triggered here, dummy. Your grasping at anything is proof of that ;)

And watching you die on the dumbest hills is mildly entertaining :cool: :nana:
Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for following! 👍

Phillips takes tentative first steps on Biden’s turf​

A Charleston crowd warmed to the longshot Democratic candidate on his first campaign visit to South Carolina.

One voter, Karen Hutchinson, spent several minutes talking to Phillips afterwards and posed for a photo with him. Hutchinson was a Biden voter in 2020, and said she had never heard Phillips’ name before but came because she received the flier.

“But I think I’m going to vote for him,” Hutchinson said, speaking about her financial concerns. She said that even when she has extra money to spare, she often has to help her son and his family.

“He’s speaking for the next generation, these young people,” she said.
———————————————

“Some had said that the president’s support is a mile wide but it’s only an inch deep. And what I’m discovering is it’s only a half-mile wide and a half-inch deep,” Phillips said.

————————————————

Democratic Party leaders have expressed frustration for months that the Biden campaign has not been more engaged in the state, even though it is an off-year election cycle. There was a hope among some that the Biden campaign and national party would have invested more time and energy into the state, particularly with its first-in-the-nation status. Democrats also want to chip away at the Republican hold on state and local offices.

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/...tentative-first-steps-on-bidens-turf-00127943

Back