An Unlikely Alliance (Closed for CoSurvivor)

Out of the corner of his eye Vance watched Ana pull back her hood and show her face. She was stunning.

"Ana.. um.. nevermind.."

He turned his back to her to give her some privacy kicked off his boots and started knocking them together as he padded through the grass walking to the shoreline, He thought about just soaking his feet, then looked back and just shrugged. "If she gets offended, I'll put my clothes back on..."

He quickly pulled his shirt up and over his head, shaking the dirt from it. in the moonlight, he could see the dirt flying away from him. Vance shook it a few more times then tossed it over next to his boots which looked a lot cleaner than they were a few minutes ago.

Rolling up his pant legs so as not to get them wet, he knelt then looked at his reflection in the water, He was a mess. face caked with dirt, he was a walking dirtball. Thinking about it for a moment. he undid the belt to his pants and sat down in the grass. It was dark enough now that truly, they might be able to see each other's faces, but probably not fine features.

"I'm getting in., " he called back, shaking his pants wildly then tossed them next to his boots. Slipping into the water, it wasn't terribly cold, definitely, the spring had been imbued with some sort of mystical powers. He could feel himself relaxing feeling quite a bit refreshed. Vance stepped further in and could see the edge of the brook about 100 feet away. Turning back, facing Ana, Vance called out again. "Come on in, the water is perfect. I'll keep my back turned..." Vance took a deep breath and submerged his head completely, then came back up for air. Moments like these allowed him to put his worries aside. if but for a few minutes, maybe even an hour...Vance hoped this could do the same for Ana.

Unfortunately for Vance, getting butt naked. exposed his 'house' tattoo. An emblazoned red C overlayed by a black W. The mark was no larger than a gold coin on the top of his right bicep. If seen, Ana would know for certain that he was more than he appeared to be.

Ana continued to give the green hood a thorough shake after completely removing the garment from her person. She looked up briefly when Vance spoke her name as if he wanted to tell her something but then apparently decided otherwise, turning his back to her and moving across to the opposite end of the glen instead. She cast him a brief puzzled glance as he padded away from her in the moonlight before taking the opportunity of privacy that he gave her to continue dusting off and cleaning up her clothes.

Setting the hood down next to her other things, she next removed the leather bracers from around her wrists and then unfastened her belt was well. Walking a couple steps away she removed her boots, clopping them together as he had done to knock of the dirt. Setting them down before slipping out of her deep green leggings and giving them a shake as she heard Vance announce that he was getting into the water.

"Alright," she called back to him in reply, careful to keep her eyes to herself since she wasn't sure what state of undress he might be in.

Clad only in her long tan colored tunic and the brown leather corset she wore over it now, she knelt down at the portion of the spring by her and cupped the water into her hands, splashing her face and arms to rinse them off. It was then that she heard Vance call out to her again.

"Come on in, the water is perfect. I'll keep my back turned..."

She paused, biting her bottom lip softly in consideration. She could only imagine what people back home would say if they ever learned that their princess had gone bathing with a man... and a human man at that. She had to admit though that the idea was tempting. Just by placing her hands into the water and splashing it upon her skin she could tell that it had some kind of mystical rejuvenating properties. Not doubt submerging herself completely in it would be absolutely blissful, a welcome relief after all that had happened that day.

She turned and began to make her way across the glen towards him, undoing the laces of her corset as she went.

"You promise you won't turn?" she asked him as she approached the shoreline, noting the pile of his clothes with a blush and knowing that he must be completely nude beneath the water now.

A subtle smile worked it's way across his face, Vance could tell Ana was going to join him in the water. He'd been watching her as she approached, Vance was completely underwater up to his chin, and he could feel the water doing miracles for his muscles, and the aches in his bones. Every time he came down into the tunnels, he made a point of stopping here, if anything to re-fill his waterskins.

"I promise...but if you need help getting the dirt out of your hair, please tell me."

Something told him to steal just glance, he knew Ana would be stunning, as an Elf she'd be blessed by natural beauty because of her race, but what he couldn't have fathomed was that she would be breathtakingly beautiful. He was drawn to watch her, drawn to her beauty and just about betrayed her trust. Vance then remembered something that would keep him honest, Elves can see in the dark... almost as good as they can see in the daytime.

Turning his back completely to her, and stared at the stars.. listening for her footfalls awaiting her entrance into the water.

Vance was right to be cautious about breaking his promise to Ana. Even with just the moon and stars for light now, she could see him almost as clearly as she had when there'd still been daylight in the grove.

Once she saw him turn his back to her, Ana finished removing the corset from around her and let it fall to the ground next to Vance's pile of clothes. She then slipped her tunic up over her head and dropped it to the ground as well before slowly wading into the water, her movement sending little ripples towards him and making gentle splashing noises followed by a soft sigh of pleasure as the water rose up around her body until it reached her chest.

As she reached up to undo the braids of her hair to wash it, she wondered about the source of the river. Where did its magic come from, and what were the full extent of its powers? Her thoughts were interrupted however when her fingers had difficulty undoing some of the braids, the excess dirt making them harder to unravel than usual.

She let out another soft sigh, this time out of frustration. Her cheeks growing warm with a blush of embarrassment, she peered over her shoulder at Vance.

"Hey Vance... um... were you serious about that offer to help wash my hair?" she called over to him shyly.

Last edited:
Vance had his back turned, and when she'd called his name, he immediately raised an eyebrow and inquired "hm?"

"um... were you serious about that offer to help wash my hair?"

He politely replied, "Yea... Yes, of course..."

He was going to extrapolate on how he knew the difficulty getting all the dirt out of one's hair, but he felt it might be best not to bore Ana with the details. In the darkness, his human eyes could make out very few details of her elfin features, but with the starlight, it gave her a certain aura that drew him to her. There was something more to Ana, Yes she had visions... but there was something more... what that was, he wasn't quite sure.

Vance didn't hide his actions, he waded through the water lightly, making just enough noise that he was sure she'd hear him. Of course, this was for his own benefit, as surely Ana could see him clearly. Reaching out to take her hand, Vance gently worked his fingers at the bottom of her hair, easing the knot loose, and taking care to keep his eyes where they should be. Slowly he loosened the braid entirely, making sure to work loose the dirt that had caked in there from the explosion and cave collapse.

Vance didn't say anything while he worked, and the silence grew from comfortable.. to awkward, well awkward to him anyway. He'd thought about commenting on how beautiful her hair was, but that, of course, would come off as stupid. There was no true way Vance could think of filling the void, and then he just spoke the first thing that came to mind as his fingers worked deep into her hair massaging the back of her head and scalp.

"I'm sort of out of practice here.. Sorry, Ana probably should have asked you to bring in a brush or a long hair comb of some sort into the water.."

It wasn't usual for him to feel awkward around women, but again, something about Ana was different and that made him feel... nervous when was so close. Maybe not nervous but.. he had a feeling in his stomach that he'd not had in years. one that he'd denied himself for so long that he was unsure of what it felt like anymore. All of his internal dialog had made probably extended the washing of her hair longer than Ana might have liked, he'd long since made sure her hair was clean, now, he was simply massaging the back of her head and scalp gently for as long as she might let him...

Finally, and awkwardly he stopped croaking out, "I think you are all set, anything else?"

Ana had watched Vance over her shoulder for a moment as he'd begun to move towards her, but then had turned and kept her eyes forward as he'd approached her from behind to wash her hair. With her eyesight as sharp as it was, she knew she would likely be able to view his body through the clear water as he approached and she wanted to be respectful of his privacy.

She'd be lying if she didn't admit that she was a little tempted by the idea though. She'd caught a brief glance of his exposed back earlier as the two of them had begun to shake out the dirt from their clothes, and she had to admit she'd liked what she'd seen. As she felt his fingers begin to work loose her braided hair and wash it her mind flashed back for a moment to the cave in earlier that day and the way that his strong body had felt pressed against her own as he'd shielded her from the falling rocks and debris. She had not doubt that the rest of him would be just as handsome.

She wondered a bit about Vance's relative silence as he washed her hair but wasn't bothered by it, her lips turning upwards in amusement at his one comment about how she should have brought a comb. Her hair being so long, she knew he was right. She'd brought one with her for the journey of course, but foolishly had left it with her things on the other side of the glen. Ah well, couldn't be helped now.

"Right," she murmured in agreement, her eyes drifting shut as she savored the feel of his strong hands gently massaging the back of her head and scalp.

She must have lost track of time, because it seemed only a moment later when he suddenly stopped and she heard him speak again.

"I think you are all set, anything else?"

"Hmm?... Oh yes, right..," she began, opening her eyes and reaching a hand up to run her fingers through her wet hair, now clean and shining as it ran down her back and shoulders like liquid silver in the moonlight.

"No, that should be it," she replied, feeling the warmth returning to her cheeks as she turned a bit to gaze up over her shoulder at him and offer him a soft smile of gratitude, "Thank you."

"Always welcome Ana.."

He should really just move, give her plenty of room to wade in the water and relax. But there was something about being so close to her that electrified him. He wanted to speak but felt anything he might say could ruin a moment such as this. Vance gently took her hand and moved so they were standing in front of each other. This should be an embarrassing moment, he should turn his back and give her space... but his eyes were only drawn to hers...

"Ana, this is where I'm supposed to move away. I'm supposed to give you space and enjoy the water alone... But I can't. I want to say here, I'd prefer to be with you if that's alright."

Vance drew closer, almost inappropriately close.

Ana felt her heart beat faster in response to Vance's words. She could feel it as well, the electricity moving between them now. It sparked and danced across her skin as she gazed up into Vance's eyes, making her feel warm despite the coolness of the water around her. She did not move away, even as he drew closer. She knew she should, but like him she could not seem to make herself.

"It's alright," she replied softly as she moved in a bit closer to him as well.

She opened her mouth to speak again, but whatever words she'd been about to say died on her lips as her gaze shifted downward for a brief moment and she spotted a mark upon his chest... a red C overlapped by a black W.

She froze, her eyes fixed on the mark, recognizing it at once.

"That mark..."

Her gaze shot back up to his face, eyes wide with disbelief and alarm as she took a step back away from him, her hand pulling free of his as she crossed her arms over her chest to conceal herself.

"Why do you have the mark of the royal house upon your chest?!"

How could he be so careless? How could he have forgotten... Vance's hand immediately went to the small coin-sized tattoo which rested at the top of his bicep. He touched it, immediately felt like it burned, he wanted to scratch at it, take a knife and dig it out, but it would do him no good. He'd tried that already.

Slinking back from Ana he was ashamed, he felt like he'd betrayed her trust, which he hadn't... but the hundred-year war that had existed between the human kingdom and the elves had made them hate each other so terribly that if one was to meet a member of either Royal family, one would take any opportunity to kill them. That wasn't Chance... He refused to follow that rule. Life above ground had taught him much about co-existing with elves, and how much his own people had allowed themselves to be blinded by their own twisted history.

Chance backed away, maybe 20 feet. He stood tall, bared his chest, so if she intended to throw a dagger or reach for some hidden weapon she might have below the water she'd have an easy target. But he his face.. looked down at the running water slipping through his fingers. Enough hiding. He had to trust if he told her the truth, she might not kill him. She might flee, but she wouldn't kill him.

With a regretful sigh, Chance spoke.

"I wear the tattoo of House Whitecroft because I am the first born son of King Mathias Whitecroft. My given name is Chancellor Brandon Whitecroft. It's a name I haven't gone by in 3 years."

As 'Vance' revealed himself to actually be Prince Chancellor Brandon Whitecroft, Lariana felt the truth tear through her heart like a knife. What cruel trick of fate was this?! The man that she had been traveling and conversing with all this time, who she was depending on to lead her deeper into the tunnels and who she'd just shared such a tender moment with, was the first born son of her family's worst enemy! A man who she was honor bound to try and kill now just for who he was, who was honor bound to try and kill her should he find out her true identity as well!

Or did he already know?

Fear rose up within her at the idea... Was this all some kind of trap? Is that why he looked so guilty now? If that was the case though, why keep up the charade for so long? Why go through the trouble of helping her get through the perils of the mines and saving her in the cave in only to kill her now?

"Three years you've been lying about your identity?" she asked in disbelief, "Why?"

"Does your family know?" she demanded, "Why have you been hiding who you are for so long?"

Last edited:
Chance met her eyes from across the water, his heart sank to his feet and he felt like a weight was holding him in place.

"You know why... Because I didn't lie to you. I told you the truth. I went to my father, I told him what happened and he barred me from exploring, He refused me permission to try and retrieve her body, however far down it was. So I investigated. It didn't take long to find out that my father, the council had been ignoring what both you and I know is happening down here. So I walked away. I took my sword and my name and I left, becoming someone else. Hoping that my father might listen if I had enough proof."

His skin had grown cold, he was no longer comfortable in the water so he made a wide path around Ana, respecting her, and keeping some distance.

"I'm getting out Ana, I'll dress and I'll leave, or I can spend the night on the other side of the glen, Either way in the morning I'll guide you out you don't have to be part of this anymore. I owe you that much."

Reaching his clothes, Chance sat in the grass and looked through his stuff, made sure everything was there. He moved his bag and one of his smaller reference books where he'd seen the script from the abandoned castle. Something struck him, why it took till now for Chance to see the reference... he couldn't imagine... now it stuck out in his mind like the moon on a starless sky...

Chance stopped talking, and flipped to an eared page, a beautiful drawing had been made in color of that argument between humans and Elves.. One of them, an elf who stood as the Elven royal family had deep 'violet' eyes... Eyes he'd seen before.. not more than a few minutes ago...

Lariana felt guilt fill her as 'Vance', now known to her as Prince Chancellor, explained the reasons for his deceit. His sky blue eyes shone out in the night like beacons to her against the rest of the darkness around them as he met her own violet eyes from across the water, and she could find no lies or malice in them as he spoke. His story was not unlike her own really, only she had not had to endure the loss of a loved one as he had. She had no right to judge him for not telling her who he was.

She watched him carefully as he began to move through the water to get out, noting that he was careful to keep his distance from her as he did, and then lowered her gaze to give him privacy as he began to rise up out of the water... though she continued to track the sound of his movements with her ears.

I'll dress and I'll leave, or I can spend the night on the other side of the glen, Either way in the morning I'll guide you out you don't have to be part of this anymore. I owe you that much.

She stood there quietly in thought for a few minutes, allowing him time to dress before beginning to move towards the shoreline herself.

"I'm getting out as well," she announced as she rose out of the water and onto the shore, moving towards the long tunic and corset that she'd left there before.

She slipped the tunic up over her head to cover herself, but left the leather corset where it lay for now. The tunic would conceal her well enough, and she didn't want to have to bother with he laces of the corset right now. She then turned and looked at him for a moment before finally speaking.

"You don't owe me anything," she told him softly, "Your given name does not change your reasons for being down here, Prince Chancellor."

She moved towards him slowly, her eyes seeking out his own.

"Nor does it change my own motives, or the fact that we both need one another if we hope to have any chance of finding and stopping whatever is causing the quakes... for the sake of both our peoples."

Last edited:
"Ok...ok..." Chance released his worry about whether or not she'd kill him or leave. No, that fact had remained unchanged. With pleading eyes he looked up at her reaching his hand to her to ask her to sit with him.

"Just.. please. I'm not a prince.. not anymore. Princes live in castles and got to all sorts of stupid balls, they wear ceremonial clothes and never get dirty or fight for what they believe in. That's not me. My friends call me Chance, not Chancellor, or Prince Chancellor, just... Chance."

He looked at her inquisitively and finished.

"Do that for me, and I won't ask what your real name is. I won't ask what your relationship is to the High Elves or the Royal family. Just know that I know you have a secret, and it's safe with me but I want you to tell me when you are ready and when you want to."

Seeing his gesture of invitation Ana moved to sit with Chance, a smirk of amusement playing at the corners of her lips in response to his description of princes as she settled into the grass in front of him. Yes, he was certainly unlike much of the noblemen she had met in her time. All amusement quickly faded from her face as he spoke his next words however.

"Do that for me, and I won't ask what your real name is. I won't ask what your relationship is to the High Elves or the Royal family. Just know that I know you have a secret, and it's safe with me but I want you to tell me when you are ready and when you want to."

A flicker of alarm flashed across her features and she quickly lowered her gaze, trying to hid it.

"What would make you think that?" she asked softly as she began to nervously fiddle with one of the blades of grass beside her.

"Ana, your eyes... are beautiful, expressive, and already once tonight you've seen into my soul. So I won't try and trick you into telling me. Here..take a look."

Reaching over he picked up the book he'd been carrying in his collection for ages. He'd studied the text, and fallen asleep reading it many times. Quickly Chance found the eared page he'd flipped to only a few minutes before and politely, gently handed it to Ana.

"Not sure who made the illustration, but it's beautiful. They chose to use color. The woman there, her eyes are very specific. Violet. Now I'm not 100 percent sure who she is, but I know who the man is that she's standing next to, and I know the woman standing next to him, as they are my ancestors. So, that must make her, and the man next to her Elven Royalty. And if eye color is carried down from generation to generation like so many of us humans, then that makes you...Family I believe.. Which would make you a Princess?"

Last edited:
Many elves had coloring that would be considered abnormal among the human population, Ana's exceptionally pale hair for example, but Chance was right in his observation that even for elves having violet eyes was out of the norm. It was a unique trait passed along by a common ancestor far back in the royal bloodline, and therefor anyone possessing them most assuredly had at least some royal blood in them.

Still, there was no way that he could know that just from a picture in a book. No matter how accurate his guess may have been there was no way that he could have known for certain if it was correct or not. She decided to try and call his bluff. She hated lying, but was uncertain if it was truly wise to share the secret of her true identity with him, no matter how trustworthy he may seem to be.

"Me a princess?!" she asked as she forced out what she hoped would sound like a laugh of amusement, "Yeah right."

She looked at him with a smile and closed the book he had handed to her, playfully tossing it back over to him.

"Just because some Elvish woman in a book has violet eyes like me doesn't mean I'm a princess, Chance."

Last edited:
'Ok Ana...Ok...."

Chance wasn't going to push the issue, he knew who that woman was, she was the queen of the elven kingdom, the man next to her was the king, and his ancestors were the King and Queen of the human kingdom. the illustration proved in his mind that there was some sort of disagreement that happened far below in Galmedell. Chance was certain that Ana wasn't just someone related to the royal family, her denial of it nearly solidified it in his mind.

Chance sat there in his semi-wet pants, sticking to his body in places that were just not comfortable but he tried to make the best of it with Ana right next to him. He was tempted to put his shirt on but just decided not to. The air wasn't too cold, and with the adversarial conversation ended, Chance felt comfortable just as he was.

Reaching out, he took Ana's hand in his own and spoke softly. "I won't press, just, please... don't call me 'prince'. My friends call me Chance, well they did anyway.

he sounded silly, but he couldn't help trying to re-start their intimate moment, he could swear they were on the verge of kissing, so he made her an offer. "Now that we're out of the water, if you need any help with tangles, just say the word..."

Chance gave her a slightly goofy smile, hoping she might read into what he'd said.

"Ok Ana...Ok...."

Ana didn't think that Chance really seemed to believe her denies of being a royal, but thankfully he let it pass and promised again that he wouldn't press the matter so long as she didn't call him by his title of 'Prince'. She smiled a bit at his suggestion of him helping to work the tangles out of her wet hair and the goofy smile he gave her, knowing that he must be trying to re-create the moment that had passed between them before, but shook her head in response.

"Thanks, but I have a comb in my pack where I left it with the rest of my clothes on the other side of the glen where we were sitting before... I should probably head back over there and finish getting dressed," she explained as she began to rise.

Now that the magic of the moment had passed and her thinking was more clear she could see that, despite the pull she felt towards him, forming any relationship beyond friendship with Chance was likely a bad idea. The fates of both their kingdoms rested on the outcome of their quest. The situation was already complicated enough, they didn't need to complicate things further by getting their feelings involved as well... especially considering each of their true identities now.

"Right.... OK, ..Well stay close at least. I don't see anyone coming down in here but there is such a thing as safety in numbers. Even in a place as quiet as this."

Privately his heart sank, it must have been the magical properties of the water that had effected his actions. Knowing what he knew now about Ana, and the reality about his family, there was no way that even if romance did bloom between them that they'd be allowed to be together. This was just a side path on her life, once it was over she'd return to her home in the trees and live the rest of her days which would out number his own. For Chance, even if he did find proof, even after he'd be able to confront his father, he'd never go back. He'd forsaken that life, Forsaken the lies and the fact that they'd buried their past deep underground. No matter what happened he'd never go back. Allow his sister to rule Chance thought, he wanted nothing of it. Besides, in his mind, his people would be better served if he didn't pursue the throne, there were other ways of protecting them rather than polishing a throne with his ass all day.

But the reality of the world above and below them was there no matter how hard he denied it. They were supposed to be mortal enemies. But what if it was all on a lie? What if their feud was based on someone's betrayal and a mistake? The castle should hold more answers. Certainly for both of them. Chance watched Ana for a moment as she walked to where she'd left the rest of her stuff, the subtle feminine sway of her hips, the way her hair shown in the starlight. If she'd looked over her shoulder at him he have looked on her with lonely eyes. But he knew she wouldn't turn, As quick as he'd watched her, he turned to his books and tried to study the secrets they held. Alone, with his thoughts.

Ana did in fact turn to glance back over her shoulder at Chance, though just a moment too late. Instead of him watching after her with lonely eyes, all she saw was him seemingly caught up in his books again, and so she continued on her way back to the other side of the glen.

Coming upon her things where she had left them, she went ahead and put back on the rest of her clothes but decided to leave her boots off for now, liking the feel of the soft grass beneath her feet. She then retrieved the comb that she had brought with her from out of her pack and proceeded to worked the tangles out of her damp hair, gazing up at the stars for a moment before turning back and looking at Chance once more. She was hesitant to disturb his studying, but found that she missed his company.

"Where in the glen do you think we should set up camp for the night?" she called over to him.

In the quiet of the glen, Chance could hear nature, well hear what he expected to down there. The numerous times he'd slept down in this glen he'd never picked one spot, always something a little different depending on the weather. It was interesting that Ana asked the question she did, as he'd been wondering where to setup for the evening.

Hearing her approach, and ask as she did, he called out in reply, nobody was here... didn't really matter how quiet or loud he was.

"I hadn't thought too much about it, because of the fact that we are not getting rained on we can pick anywhere we like. But.. if we are concerned about shade in the morning light, there's a spot not far from here. I'll lead the way."

Picking up his stuff Chance padded through the grass another few minutes and guided Ana to a spot under three trees. It was flat, perfect for setting up for the evening.

"I've camped out here during a rainstorm, didn't have time to get back into the caves as I'd have gotten drenched.. so the trees gave good cover. But, it's a good spot for tonight I think. Make yourself comfortable."

Hearing Chance's reply, Ana carried her things over and joined him, following behind him as he lead them both over to a tiny grove. There were only three trees, and they were not nearly as tall as the ones back home, but their presence calmed her none the less.

"It's a perfect spot for tonight," she agreed, resting one of her palms lightly upon the trunk of the tree closest to her and gazing up into its branches for a moment with a smile before moving to find a nice flat spot and laying out her bedroll for the night.

"Should I see if I can find some fallen branches to make a fire with?" she suggested once she was done.

"Yes.. lets..."

Chance assisted Ana in finding plenty of fallen branches, around the tree, careful not to take anything from the tree itself, nothing that seemed alive. He made sure to clear a spot between their bedrolls and made sure there was nothing in the fire ring could accidentally light on fire.

Once they'd started the fire, Chance stayed close to it and looked over to Ana. He politely asked,

"You must feel a little out of your element, Underground versus in the trees. It was amazing to watch you a little bit ago, it also seemed like you might be talking to them? As far as being underground, is it what you expected your first day down here to be?"

Now that the sun had set for a while, the air had begun to cool a bit, and so Ana moved to take a seat beside Chance in front of the fire, enjoying its warmth and his company.

"I don't know if I would say that I was talking to them exactly, but we elves do feel a deep connection to nature, and trees especially. There are few things that live longer than us in this world, but trees do. Some of the older ones are even held sacred to us," she explained to him with a smile as she continued, "I honestly wasn't sure what to expect when I came down here. As you said, I am very much out of my element. Though I certainly wasn't expecting something like this..."

She gestured at the glen around them.

"...to be down here. It makes me wonder what else we may find. I'd wondered before about how humans could ever bare to live so far beneath the earth with no sun, or starlight, or green things; but... there must have been something about living down here that they found worthwhile if they took the time to build the castles and cities that they did."

Chance nodded, "There is so much we could learn if only they could talk to us. But would it be in a language any of us could understand?" When she commented on how the human kingdom lived so far underground he smiled at that, then had to grin.

"The Castle, or Keep as it's known, has several floors actually dedicated to green space. There's one, called the 'cavern of the owls' which is actually home to some of the rare species of owl on the planet. I used to train there, probably 3 times a week, trying to gain their trust. The keep is also wider than it is deeper underground and the cavern looks much like this. So something tells me this place was engineered by humans and elves. there is water running through many spaces, but not with the medical properties of the river over there."

Chance looked again over at Ana, her silver hair and violet eyes...she was beautiful. untouchable but truly beautiful. And it made his heart ache that any hope of some sort of connection might have had a chance until she found out the truth. Well. not his current reality, but his past anyway.

"It's getting late, should we quench the fire.. or should we let it burn out??"

Back