An Authors Feedback

TwistedManc

Straight But Curious
Good evening to all you out there.
This is a post to all.

To the people that are too afraid to show their kinks to the world so use literotica as a way to get it out. To the people that are not brave enough to explore, so they use this website to explore themselves. And to the people that are confident and happy enough to explore and use this to show that to the world.

I have written over 50 stories on Literotica and I love this website. I love how kind, caring and passionate the people are on here.
It has shown me that whether people are into gay male, lesbian, incest, trans or any other kink. We can all come together as horny people that just want to explore. If this website has taught me anything, it's that there is a place for everyone in this crazy world.

Don't get me wrong, there are kinks that I don't and will probably never understand. However I hold my judgment. Incest for example, like many others, I never have and never will experience it in real life but I can fantasise about it.

However, on Literotica, people can come together and enjoy whatever they want to enjoy and I think this is just amazing. A place where people can be who they want to be without ridicule.

Yet... there are still people that share hate.

I have recently published my second ever story in the "Loving Wives" category and I cannot believe the hate I have received via comments and emails. All from anonymous people. People that are not brave enough to show themselves for who they are.

On this site where it doesn't matter if you are a business owner, a politician, or someone working a minimum wage job. We are all equals, we are all getting through this hard life and doing our best to survive.

The hate that gets said on my Loving Wives story and on so many others that I have seen astounds me. On a place like Literotica I believe there is no place for hate. Feedback and reviews, I understand. If my story telling isn't great, if my punctuation isn't perfect, I understand. If what I write doesn't get you off, I understand. If I have mis sold you on a story that doesn't deliver what you want and I let you down, I understand.
But for all of you that are commenting with hateful comments for the sake of it, I ask you, why? Why leave nasty comments that leave authors questioning whether they should write again? Why hate on people you don't know, haven't met and never will? Why take out your anger on people that have done nothing to you other than to try and give to the world something that can bring joy and pleasure?

I know I take these comments too much to heart, but when I see a hateful comment it puts me off writing. I power through because I know that these hate spreaders are the minority. I know that there is so much more love and kindness out there and that the angry few are just spitting their dummies out and trying to make as much noise as possible.

I just want to say this. In a place where anything is possible, where anyone can write whatever they want to write. Don't hate on them because it's not for you. Don't make them feel like a bad person just because that story wasn't to your liking. Instead, encourage them to do better, encourage them to improve.

This world is hard enough, especially now, we do not need people spreading anger and hate. People that have no other way to get out their aggression than to try to hurt others.

Literotica is a place for all. For all to enjoy and to please themselves. Please, I ask that you do not ruin that for people.

In this world where you can be anything, be kind. Let the world see your ten mile smile, let everyone know that it's not where you're from but where you're at.

Love spreads around and will conquer all. You are not machines, you have the power to create happiness, to make this life free and beautiful, to make this life a wonderful adventure.

TwistedManc

I feel for you and know exactly where you are coming from.

I always preach let the comments roll off your back, until I get one. I let it burn for a few minutes, and then try to listen to myself.

The ones that actually call out a writing error I take to heart, screw the rest.

Write for yourself and enjoy it.

Don't be one of those authors who lets the anon's run them away. I have seen too many authors quit because of the harsh feedback they receive, even if it is a small fraction of the total.

Mr. E

I wrote one story in Loving Wives and vowed never to submit in that category again. Most negative comments come from anonymous readers. I don't mind constructive criticism but I delete the over-the-top negative ones.

I haven't published anywhere near 50 works but I haven't really received any comments that were discouraging in that way.

I looked at the OP's list of published works and it seems like the rest of your works you get pretty positive feedback on. There are countless threads here talking about how awful LW is to publish in and... Maybe this is a sign to never publish in LW again lol

I've only ever published in one category though and now I'm curious as to what it's like between all the other different categories... Though I'm not quite curious enough to do my own research on it 🤭

Another thread discussing the cesspool of LW, no surprise.

3...2...1 before Simon comes in and tries to defend it again.

Place is a pit, sure like in bad neighborhoods there's some good people living there, but 90% of it is a quagmire of disgusting incels.

Numbers don't lie, comments speak for themselves, its the landfill of lit.

Oooooooh, OP, I see that you posted this same thing on the GB as well.

I mean, I'm not about to visit that thread, but I'd imagine the vitriol you got from the LW Anon crowd will be mirrored by the GB un-anon crowd.

Good luck to you. I, too, submitted a piece to LW before becoming active here in the AH and I, too, was perplexed by the response... until I started hanging around here. Do the same, and you'll find that shitty LW comments are not unusual at all. Your experience is in keeping with everyone else's; best you just suck it up and move along.

Welcome to the forum side, by the way.

I feel for you, truly, but LW stories are lightning rods. Irrational, petty, vindictive and mean seems to be the life of the LW readers. All I can say is that you’re braver than me for trying.

Back