American Woman! Mama let me be...

I have no problem with hunting, if you steer clear of threatened and endangered species and eat what you kill. I regularly hunted deer with my father as a youth.

This is not the case here.

This young woman is hunting for sport, not sustenance. Trophies, not food. The justification that the carcasses feed natives is laughable. If she were actually interested in charity toward the native populations, the money spent on her trophy hunts could feed more of them for a much longer period of time.

Yeah, but then how would she get all those kewl pics for FB? :confused:

She probably already has job lined up at Fox after she graduates.

She'll fit right in.
FoxDiversity.jpg

Working with the locals doesn't mean she's helping. I've seen plenty of authorities look the other way just for some tourist moolah on all kinds of illegal activities.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-25722058

I have no idea what kind of lion she hunted but that pic is... infuriating.

I'm no animal lover but killing animals for sport is something I find offensive.

The killing of animals for conservation purposes is required in many areas. Lions are notorious for breeding beyond the carrying capacity of the area. The same is true for the common leopard that is increasing in both numbers and territory. Hunting is a common sense method of culling these excess populations providing a positive cash flow to the state as opposed to a negative cash flow if government hunters were commissioned to do the same job.

Ishmael

I have a problem with PEOPLE going OVER (there) (or anywhere) to KILL animals for mere sport and then GLOATING over the body

The killing of animals for conservation purposes is required in many areas. Lions are notorious for breeding beyond the carrying capacity of the area. The same is true for the common leopard that is increasing in both numbers and territory. Hunting is a common sense method of culling these excess populations providing a positive cash flow to the state as opposed to a negative cash flow if government hunters were commissioned to do the same job.

Ishmael

yes, true

but

Don't stand OVER the BODY and GLOAT!

Its grotesque

I have a problem with PEOPLE going OVER (there) (or anywhere) to KILL animals for mere sport and then GLOATING over the body

Why?

Because the lion doesn't gloat when it eats a skinny?

People gloat over all accomplishments of this magnitude.

Would seeing a picture of a beaming Valedictorian Cheerleader proudly holding up her diploma offend you too?

Why?

Because the lion doesn't gloat when it eats a skinny?

People gloat over all accomplishments of this magnitude.

Would seeing a picture of a beaming Valedictorian Cheerleader proudly holding up her diploma offend you too?

its NOT an accomplishment until the lion has an arrow or gun to shoot back

So, emotion trumps logic and you'd prefer to just make stuff up to justify your outrage over a picture...

:eek:

... all locals are on the take. Fucking third world...

It has been proven that if you do not hunt them and cull them that they suffer greatly from lack of game and then that sets the stage for disease and that set of conditions are far worse than the taking of a few trophies.

Yes, I'm reacting emotionally but my logic dictates that the best chance for an species to survive is to be left to their own devices. Any human interference should only go so far as to counter other human activities like poaching or deforestation.

Ishmael

I understand but that pic doesn't look like the hunting was for any kind of conservatism. Sorry, that was just sport.

It's as tasteful as someone committing euthanasia and then posting a pic with their kill.

yes, true

but

Don't stand OVER the BODY and GLOAT!

Its grotesque

I won Grand Champion in a very big regional tournament and I took pictures of it gloating that I had prevailed over all of my opponents.

Same thing when I won Gold medals in International Competition.

Are you offended?

You turning lib?

Obamanation?

Ishmael

Didn't click the link, did you Cancer Nugget?

The article pointed out how the area where Great White Huntress bagged her photo op had lions essentially hunted to near-extinction levels.

Whar is your "Magic Hand Of Teh Market" God now?

#IshmaelRots

I won Grand Champion in a very big regional tournament and I took pictures of it gloating that I had prevailed over all of my opponents.

Same thing when I won Gold medals in International Competition.

Are you offended?

You turning lib?

Obamanation?

Im offended

BTW, Lions DONT gloat over a KILL, they are HAPPY they can EAT

Yes, I'm reacting emotionally but my logic dictates that the best chance for an species to survive is to be left to their own devices. Any human interference should only go so far as to counter other human activities like poaching or deforestation.

Sorry, but leaving them to their own devices would cause their demise.

We keep them healthy, we are responsible shepherds and not only is she performing a service, but it is an amazing accomplishment that shows the real power of women in a really positive manner. If you let the picture of her triumph outrage you, then you demean her and her accomplishment. U_D was boasting about how much more noble he is because he was hunting for vittles, but swear to gawd, if he nailed himself a 12-point buck, there's going to be not just a trophy picture, but probably a head on the wall of the double-wide.

I understand but that pic doesn't look like the hunting was for any kind of conservatism. Sorry, that was just sport.

It's as tasteful as someone committing euthanasia and then posting a pic with their kill.

You just don't fly into an African nation, or any nation for that matter, and kill whatever you want. You have to purchase permits, permits that are issued based on a survey of the local populations of game animals. You are accompanied by a licensed guide who is responsible to see that the laws are followed. If the survey shows that the local population is at, or below, optimum carrying capacity then NO permits are issued.

So while you can call it 'just for sport' if you so desire, the fact is the hunter is performing a conservation act for the state.

Ishmael

so we have a RICH WHITE girl going to Africa hiring BLACKS to set up a DEFENSELESS lion and kills it and gloats

let her go on her own and stalk it and then give the lion means for defense or have a pork chop around her neck so the lion can act and react and THEN if she kills the lion

GLOAT

so we have a RICH WHITE girl going to Africa hiring BLACKS to set up a DEFENSELESS lion and kills it and gloats

let her go on her own and stalk it and then give the lion means for defense or have a pork chop around her neck so the lion can act and react and THEN if she kills the lion

GLOAT

Do you know that's she's rich?

You just don't fly into an African nation, or any nation for that matter, and kill whatever you want. You have to purchase permits, permits that are issued based on a survey of the local populations of game animals. You are accompanied by a licensed guide who is responsible to see that the laws are followed. If the survey shows that the local population is at, or below, optimum carrying capacity then NO permits are issued.

So while you can call it 'just for sport' if you so desire, the fact is the hunter is performing a conservation act for the state.

Ishmael

you DONT really BELIEVE all that

DO YOU?

its a REVENUE stream, nothing else

cause if it was a NEED for CULLING

the people THERE could do it just as well

The guy who works at the slaughter house rarely posts pics of himself standing over a dead cow.

Or scalded chicken...

The perceived danger of standing 300 yards away and using a high powered rifle to kill a lion in the middle of it's nap is what makes a photo FB worthy.

Do you know that's she's rich?

no

but I do know

FLYING there (she didn't walk or swim?)

etc etc etc

means she isn't on WELFARE

and the RICH part is MOSTLY a given cause POOR hunt HIMANS in Chicago n NY n LA etc

they don't needa go there

The guy who works at the slaughter house rarely posts pics of himself standing over a dead cow.

Or scalded chicken...

The perceived danger of standing 300 yards away and using a high powered rifle to kill a lion in the middle of it's nap is what makes a photo FB worthy.

Uh, I worked at the slaughter house, and yes, they take pictures the first time they use the gun...

;)

... stick to what you know, giving bad financial advice.

no

but I do know

FLYING there (she didn't walk or swim?)

etc etc etc

means she isn't on WELFARE

and the RICH part is MOSTLY a given cause POOR hunt HIMANS in Chicago n NY n LA etc

they don't needa go there

*chuckle*

You just hate her because she's hot.

Misogynist!

Back