A TEASER/DISCUSSION ["THE LUST CYCLE"]

JC_WELLS

Adult Fantasy Writer
So, I am working on a supernatural/fantasy/dystopian series called The Lust Cycle, I wanted to start a discussion about it plus hare this teaser. Anyone have any questions or feedback, shoot! Can't promise I'll change/listen to them as I have my vision, but go ahead and chat, question, and critique away.​

Get ready for The Lust Cycle! Welcome to the world of Vamgar. A land where vampires are the ruling class along with the other three races: mages, shifters, and the fae. While these four races live lives of power, money, and equality, humans are low, treated as dirt and servants, sometimes even as slaves. However, only two forms of slavery exists: blood slavery and sexual slavery. And not all humans are slaves, some are free, but still work under the Four Races.

While sexual slavery can be forced, it is mostly done by self-indenture. This is done mainly for money, protection, or to take the place of another. Blood slavery is a lifelong contract and is often forced. Sometimes though one will volunteer for another.

• Blood slaves are used primarily by vampires and are responsible for offering their own blood to their Masters/Mistresses to feed. They can be male or female, depending on their owners preference. A contract may be formed, whether it's willingly or not depend, but it almost always ends with death of the slave.
  • Sexual Slaves or BabyDolls are used by any of The Four Races, mainly by men and the slaves are mainly women. But, female masters and male slaves do exist, as do same sex pairings. BabyDolls always include a contract, these will have a pricing, rules, expectations, limits, and a release date as well as may more aspects. While all slaves have little to no rights, BabyDolls are more likely to be cherished.
Meet Desiree Kane, a 20-year-old human girl who is still a virgin, she along with her 21-year-old best friend Scarlett Wilde, have decided to wait for their wedding nights to give themselves to a man. But, when their parents loose everything, Desiree's little sister get gravely ill, and Scarlett's father dies, these two friends are willing to do anything to make sure what's left of their families remain safe and be taken care of

It's not my usual cup of tea, but I'd check it out.

BTW, sorry for the reception you got in the AH. It's sort of a community there and participating on that forum to sort of establish yourself, is the best way to start off. New members who immediately jump and want to talk about their work aren't received well. But there's no way you could have known that. So again, my apologies.

Sadly though, this story discussion forum isn't well used. In fact, discussing our WIPs isn't done much here at all. We just write and submit, and then discuss the finished piece. Posting the link to the posted story, in the Story Feedback forum, is where that happens. Posting up work is the best way to establish yourself on the forums.

The story ideas forum is used a lot, but it's meant to offer ideas to anyone who might enjoy writing their own story based on that idea.

Welcome to Lit and please don't judge the site from that poor first impression. See you areound.

Rob

As RR said, the Story Discussion Circle is for stories already posted. A beta reader might be the best route for you at this point. Thus, your OP is now in the Editor's Forum.

~~ Mod

I also do think this kind of thing would get some engagement in story ideas

As for story discussion circle, it seems to be for the same thing as story feedback, except no one uses it. At all.

Back