A Muse's Inspiration (closed for Poprockz)

Blake kept his breathing slow and steady as he held Euterpe, trying to disturb her as little as possible. When he felt her regain herself though, he made no move to fight her as she separated herself from him, but just allowed it, sagged back against the wall once more, and let his arms fall to his sides. His eyes remained open though, open to find her amber gaze when she turned around.

The nod that Euterpe offered up made him raise his eyebrow curiously. The reason for the nod, when it came, made Blake blush and briefly lower his gaze from hers. "Thank you for noticing, truly..." He started at last, lifting his back from the wall to respectfully stand upright while also meeting her gaze once more. "...And the reward is most generous...though I find myself at a loss for what to ask for. Would it offend you if I asked to save it for a rainy day of sorts?"

Blake knew that he was taking a risk by trying to put off his reward, but he felt that it was better than asking for either something outrageous that would certainly offend her, something menial that would likely offend her, or something that he didn't care about that might also offend her.

She
When giving rewards in the past, she had gotten a lot of different requests. The most common request was to do anal, but occasionally she got ones that truly surprised her. A woman had once requested that she sing at her sister's wedding. A man had requested that she allow him to have her other bracelet to remember her by, which was why she only wore one now. Another man had even requested that she use him as a stair whenever she needed to step up or down.

She thought about it for a moment before shrugging, "if you would like to postpone your reward, I wouldn't begrudge you that. An expensive instrument, a sexual act at a stressful time, knowledge, there are many things I could give you so give it some thought."

"Before that though..." She lifted her hand and showed him the splatter of his cum with an amused curl of her lips, "perhaps you would do me the service of cleaning your cum from my skin."

The few moments that Euterpe was considering his request were like an eternity for Blake. The two of them had covered so much ground and made so much progress in so little time, but all of it could be undone because of one risky question. When the answer came though, he let out the breath that he wasn't even aware that he'd been holding as a smile naturally came to his face. That smile was followed by a nod at her suggestion for him to give it some thought.

When Euterpe lifted her hand and made her request, and Blake saw the amused smile on her lips, a thought came to his mind. It was risky, yes, but he hoped she'd find some humor in it.

Blake turned around and lifted a hand up to grab the detachable shower head. When he brought it back down towards her cum-soaked hand though, his head dipped down with it. His tongue dipped out of his mouth as his eyes flicked up to find and hold hers. Where some men would have backed away though, he didn't hesitate to take a full swipe of his own cum off of her palm before pulling tongue back into his mouth and swallowing it. He then offered up a wry smile, turned his attention to her hand, and gave it a thorough rinsing with the shower head, lowered it so that he could it go and use both hands to scrub her hand with the loofah and body wash, and then rinse it once more.

Once again, some men might have forgotten that there was more cum to be cleaned up, and many more might have chickened out. Blake wasn't one of those men though. He grabbed the bottle of body wash, met Euterpe's gaze, and held it as he lowered himself to his knees before her. He continued to hold her gaze as he lathered up the loofah once more and brought the shower head close to her thigh. He wondered, as he brought the shower head close, and leaned his head close, if she thought he'd have the balls to do it again, but have the balls he did! He let the spray from the shower head get as close as possible to her cum-splattered thigh before he stuck his tongue out, and he once again flicked his gaze upwards to hold hers as his tongue pressed against her thigh and swiped this way and that, getting as much as it could before finally retreating into his mouth once more. Then, with the display over, he turned his attention once more to the task at hand, his dark brown gaze focusing intently on her toned thighs as he thoroughly rinsed, scrubbed, and rinse again first one thigh and then the other.

The true test would come now that most of the external cum was cleaned from Euterpe's skin. Blake remained on his knees before her, his dark brown gaze still staring upwards as he asked softly. "Would you like me to help with the last bits of cum, Euterpe?"

The goddess had watched him clean her, her eyes widening a bit in surprise when he lapped up his own cum. Euterpe hadn’t been expecting it, but she certainly wasn’t offended by it. Affectionate kisses would have earned him a frown, but scooping up his leavings with his tongue? That was rather fun to watch.

His question caused her to stare at him for a few moments before… she laughed. It wasn’t a malicious laugh, nor was it a condescending one. This was the laugh of someone who had seen something very amusing. Her laugh was loud and merry, perhaps even the embodiment of mirth. When she wound down, she looked like she had even surprised herself by that outburst.

Clearing her throat, she tried to put on a more serious face, though the neutrality couldn’t touch the glimmer in her eye. “You… for someone who fears my judgement, you can be quite cheeky. I can clean myself from here, otherwise I might be tempted to ride your pretty little face until you drown, and I want to save some energy for tomorrow.” Euterpe turned and walked back over to her own side of the shower. If one was listening closely, they might hear the tiniest of chuckles, as though she was merely chuckling to herself.

The widening of Euterpe's eyes in surprise was everything Blake had hoped for when he'd done it. He knew that there wasn't much he could do to surprise the goddess, let alone pleasantly surprise her, so actually succeeding in that was truly a victory in his eyes. Even if it wasn't though, the loud and merry laughter his question pulled from her certainly would have been. It brought a wide smile to his lips and pulled a soft chuckle from him as well.

Blake listened to Euterpe's words and watched the goddess as she walked back to her end of the shower. "Promises promises." He joked back at her as his legs flexed and he pushed himself to his feet, his hand with the loofah scooping up the bottle of body wash in the process.

Once the two of them were in their respective "corners", Blake finally poured some body wash into the loofah with the intent of washing himself. His penis had of course been thoroughly washed, but the rest of him was still in need of a thorough cleaning.

The two of them finished their shower in comfortable silence and the occasional glance in each other’s direction. When all was said and done and they were both in soft cotton robes, she led him out of the bathroom and sat him on the bed, sitting next to him.

“I would like to make a good first impression to your bandmates and earn some respect. I will be playing the base and singing, and I would like to be doing so as they arrive to give the illusion that you are appraising me either for my musical aptitude or even as a possible member if you like. What are your thoughts?” She cocked her head to the side.

The silence with which Blake and Euterpe finished their shower was thankfully a companionable one. He did his best to not sneak glances at her nakedness while she was washing, but when he caught her throwing the occasional glance at him he felt a bit more comfortable doing it. He just made sure that he wasn't staring or gawking lewdly.

One thing that was a particularly pleasant surprise when Blake got out of the shower and was dried off, was Euterpe offering him a robe to put on. He of course would have been more than comfortable putting his original clothes on, but was far from opposed to putting on something she offered, especially when she both put one on as well, and the robe was soft as hell. He then allowed her to lead him out to the bed and be plopped down where he curiously looked over at her as she sat down next to him.

Blake listened to Euterpe's suggestion and then turned away from her, thinking on it. After he thought on it for a few moments, he turned back to her and spoke. "I definitely like the sound of you being there as they arrive for practice. They'll hear you before they see you and instantly know how good you are. That should make it easier for them to take pointers from you. What if we also say that it's a song that you and I wrote together, and that you are helping me out as well? It might be even easier for them to take pointers from you if one of their own is already doing it. Then we can just mention that you only want to be the manager if/when the question comes up? Thoughts?"

“I like it.” She nodded, a determined smile on her face. “Well then. I shall send you home for the night so that we can both get some rest. Do you still have that plant, or are there any plants near your house?”

Blake smiled when Euterpe said that she liked his idea, and he nodded when she mentioned sending him home home so they could both get some rest. "I do indeed, and I even promise to try and take better care of it. Before I go though...um, is there a way to get in touch with you...in case of emergency, even if it's just vocal?"

Euterpe gave him a thoughtful look before getting reaching out and taking his hand in hers. She looked at his fingers, wrapping her fingers around the ring finger of his right hand. When that odd examination was done, she got up and went to a small jewelry box, taking something out.

She held it in her hands and whispered something to it, something old in a language he couldn’t understand. At the same time, it glowed as though someone had turned on a golden lightbulb in her palm, the light dimming quickly after her words.

When she came back to him, she held out a hematite ring, shiny and metallic black. Were he to try it on, it would be the perfect size for the very finger she examined.

“If you really need me, say so to the ring. If for some reason the ring is lost…” she gave him a look as thought to say that he should try his utmost not to lose it. “Then find a plant and ask it to tell me something. You must mention me by name though.”

Euterpe's thoughtful look had Blake wondering if he'd overstepped himself. Still, he didn't stop her when she reached out to take his hand. He watched curiously as she wrapped her fingers around his right ring finger, cocking his head to the side. The questions just kept coming as she still didn't say a word, but rather got up and walked across the room to take something out of a small jewelry box.

As Blake looked on, Euterpe held whatever it was in her hands and spoke words that he didn't understand. They of course sounded like gibberish but appeared to be anything but when the thing in her hand started to glow. He stared at the sight in fascination, even as the light got as bright as a naked lightbulb in an old house. That brightness lasted for only a few seconds though, after which she returned to his side.

Blake looked at both the ring and her with amazement as he listened to her words. His hands of course reached out to take it, and he was almost afraid to put it on until he saw the look she gave him as she talked about the contingency of him losing it. That look alone gave him the courage to slide the ring on. It easily went on easily over his knuckle and fit snugly in place, almost like it belonged there. It felt cool on his skin, but comfortably so, not cold.

"I'll take good care of it." Blake said as he lifted his right hand to his heart and covered it with his left. "Are there any cleaning instructions or safety facts I should be aware of?" The first part was asked more genuinely, while the second was asked with somewhat of a joking smile.

“Actually, yes,” was her reply as she sat down again. “The ring will not rust or fade, so feel free to wear it in any condition. It cannot be destroyed by natural means. Someone touching your hand or even picking it up and examining it will have them find it to be a normal ring.”

“However…” she got a somewhat satisfied look on her face. “If someone tries to take it from you, it will burn them with the heat of my displeasure. If you are ever in danger and fear for your safety or your life, say the words, “help me, Euterpe,” and you will receive my aid. As long as you wear the ring, I will always know where you are, and you will always be able to reach me.”

While Blake was of course happy to hear the first bit of what Euterpe said, the second bit was actually kind of sobering. His gaze lowered from hers as his hands moved to his lap, his left hand slowly spinning the ring on his finger. "Y'know, until you said that just now, I hadn't actually thought of how dangerous this might actually be. I was so focused on the music, and on saving your sisters, that I hadn't really thought the people that did this, the security they have, and the lengths they might go to..."

Blake shook his head and rose to his feet. "No, never mind. I'm sorry, Euterpe. I don't mean to waste your time with silly mortal nonsense, especially when it's not going to deter me anyway..."

She stood and faced him, her hand going to his chin gently but firmly to make sure that he was looking right into her amber eyes. The muse was deadly serious, no mirth remaining in her eyes, though she wasn’t cruel either. It was more that she was trying to covey the seriousness of the situation.

“It is not silly, nor is it nonsense. You could die, Blake. You could be kidnapped, imprisoned, beaten… there are any number of things the greedy will do to keep their success. I am asking a lot from you. I am putting you at great risk.” She paused, a flicker of indecision passing through her expression as her eyes flicked away and back for just a moment before she continued her speech.

“If you would like to step away, now is the time. You are not obligated to help me, and I will not force you- all I can do is promise to do everything in my power to keep you safe and to reward you for the dangers you may face.”

When Euterpe stood, Blake could feel that the atmosphere in the room had changed. It was his fault of course, but it had changed all that same. He didn't fight her when she grabbed his chin, nor did she fight him when she made him meet her gaze, his dark brown gaze meeting her intense amber one.

Blake heard Euterpe's words, but more importantly, he heard her pause. Through all of this, she, a literal goddess, had rarely, if ever, showed even a hint of indecision, but he saw it in her eyes before they flicked away from his, even if they flicked back a moment later.

When Euterpe continued to speak once more though, Blake couldn't help but scoff just a little, even as a single tear found it's way down his cheek, despite his best efforts. "But I am, Euterpe...I am obligated, but not because you're forcing me. My family started this, and I wouldn't be able to respect myself in the morning if I walked away without at least trying to finish it. It's true that I may face everything that you say, but they can only kill me once. If I walk away now, I will always wonder what happened, and if they catch you again..." Blake couldn't bring himself to finish that train of though. He knew that it had taken three-hundred years for somebody to free her once. So there was no telling how long it would take for her to be freed again, and that wasn't counting her three sisters that were also being held captive.

"I'm ready when you are." Blake said, a new level of determination in both his voice and eyes.

Her hand moved from his chin and caressed his cheek, her thumb delicately wiping away his tear. It... confused her a little. Tears were a manifestation of emotion; rage, despair, pity, fear, joy... all of these things could bring a tear to one's eye. None of those things seemed to fit into the situation, so why? For all her knowledge, she couldn't figure it out.

She was quiet as she took in his next words, wondering whether his words were blustered bravado or whether they were the quiet resolution of an unbreakable will. Euterpe wanted to believe the latter, but trust was something that eluded her now. It was a terrifying and dangerous thing.

"Alright," she nodded solemnly. "I will be at your house tomorrow, and then we will make the introductions." Euterpe beckoned him to walk with her to one of her plants. "What time should I arrive?"

The delicate touch of Euterpe's thumb brushing away his tear had truly been unexpected. It made his eyes close for the briefest of moments but brought a smile to his face. He wanted to say more, wanted to say anything at all really, but with rule 2 looming over him and everything being so fragile, he was afraid to. So he just followed her as she gestured towards one of her plants and invited him to walk with her. He of course did so.

Euterpe's question was practical enough, but Blake felt that it was a good time to add a hint of levity, given how heavy things had gotten a moment ago. "Well, metal musicians are pretty hardcore. We start at the crack of noon." He gave her a wink. and a wry smile. "If you show up at eleven-thirty or so, you should be plenty early."

Her lips curled slightly, her eyebrow raised. "Well then, I shall endeavor to be there at the tiring hour of eleven thirty then. Though you mustn't judge me if I'm still in my nightgown." Her tone was slightly playful, the woman turning to the plant while one of her hands found his.

"Take me to the place where Blake lives," she requested gently.

Once again, they were warping through space and time, the disconcerting feeling pressing upon him. Though soon it stopped and they found themselves his house right next to his potted plant.

Last edited:
"I promise to do my best." Blake joked back, lifting his right hand over his heart as he allowed Euterpe to take his left. He rolled his shoulders and took a deep breath, trying to prepare himself for what was coming. Even as he heard the words though, he was still caught off guard by the swimming feeling in his head, the pressure starting to build, that hook pulling behind his belly button, and the bubbling in his head that threatening to overpower every sense and nerve in his body, growing and growing and...gone!

Blake gasped as he opened the eyes that he didn't even remember closing, and he was home. He of course staggered back against the kitchen island and grasped Euterpe's hand, but he didn't care. He was home, with her, and for just a moment, it was enough.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/257-Sunset-Dr-Islamorada-FL-33036/45820896_zpid/?mmlb=g,5

Last edited:
She looked around, not taking her hand back from him just yet as he adjusted. “This is a nice place. I was wondering what it looked like on the inside.”

Yeah, and thankfully not a cent of my father's dirty money was used." Blake said as he dared to take a step towards one of the sliding doors out to the deck that wrapped around the house, leading Euterpe by the hand first to overlook the wide open space below where the band would practice and then around the corner to look at the ocean itself.

"The sound of the waves always helped me focus." Blake said softly as he lowered his and Euterpe's joined hands and gently let hers fall. "The gentle ebb and flow....the violent crashes...whatever words got stuck in my head that day to form the lyrics...all coming together to form something...beautiful."

She allowed him to pull her along, not taking offense as she had been the one to take his hand first. The view from the deck was breathtaking, the occasional breeze ruffling her curly locks. The woman stared out at the see as he spoke, her amber eyes looking almost longingly at the waves, a little bit of loneliness creeping into her heart.

“I always feel lonely when I look at the ocean for too long,” she murmured before realizing that she had said it out loud.” Euterpe frowned and shook her head, speaking in a more firm voice, “finding inspiration in nature is a blessing, I would say. You would do well to hold onto your connection with the ocean.”

"That's fair..." Blake said when Euterpe talked about feeling lonely looking at the ocean for too long, turning his gaze first towards the ocean and then back towards her when spoke again, her voice more firm, making him realize the tone that she'd actually spoken in the first time. "Yes, it really is, and I will do my best. It's served me well so far." He said as his hands rested on the railing, he closed his eyes, and he just took a big, slow, and deep breath in from his core and out with his mouth.

It was while Blake was breathing in with his eyes closed that he remembered what Euterpe said about feeling lonely. His eyes opened once more, and he took a step closer and turned to face her. "Before you go, I wonder if you might indulge me...for a moment..." He said, sucking his bottom lip between his teeth as he took the chance. "You mentioned how the ocean makes you feel when you look at it for too long." He remember the tone she'd spoken it in. So he continued quickly without giving her a chance to object or be offended...hopefully. "I only bring it up because I mentioned how it inspired me when I listened to it, and I was thinking it might help. You don't have to of course, but maybe just a guided meditation of sorts...for like a minute?" He knew he was babbling now, or maybe just grasping at straws. I mean how could he really help her when she was a goddess and he was a mortal, and yet he still somehow felt the need to try...

Her eyes narrowed at him, her voice cold as she responded. "You overstep, mortal. You deign to teach me about "listening to the ocean?" No. My feelings do not constitute a "teachable moment" for you. I will leave, and I will return tomorrow." Euterpe turned from him and walked inside, clearly unamused. She hadn't even meant to say her comment out loud, and the fact that he had not only pointed it out and tried to "fix" her feelings rubbed her the wrong way. She found it condescending, as though loneliness was something that could be meditated away.

Euterpe found her way to the plant. All she was, “take me home,” and she disappeared.

Last edited:
One look at Euterpe's narrowed gaze was all Blake needed to know that he'd made a mistake, and if he'd had any doubts at all, her words confirmed it. Her tone was cold, and her words were harsh but fair as she dressed him down. His gaze dropped from hers when in the middle, and when she turned to leave his fingers twitched because he wanted to stop her, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Similarly his foot twitched because he wanted to chase after her, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He was frozen in shame watching her leave, silently cursing himself for his arrogance and stupidity.

Every fiber in Blake's being yelled at him to move, and just as he was about to do it his head snapped back so hard and so suddenly that he fell backwards and landed on his ass. He didn't even have time to worry about what caused it or if he was injured though, because he was on his feet in an instant, literally running to his computer. His fingers were twitching as he ran, thrumming out a beat that he had just thought of, a beat that somehow seemed so obvious and perfect that he didn't know why he hadn't thought of it before.

In the back of his mind, the very back, Blake knew what had caused the sudden inspiration, so in the middle of the sporadic composing, he tabbed out, opened a window, tabbed back, continued, tabbed back went to a site, tabbed back, continued, tabbed back, searched for something, tabbed back, continued, tabbed back, purchased something, tabbed back, continued, tabbed back, put in the payment information, fought against his instinct to tab back, finalized the purchase and set up the walk-in pickup for tomorrow morning before finally tabbing back and continuing the composition.

Last edited:
Back