28 Days at S-Mart OCC & FAQ

PoliteSuccubus

Spinster Aunt of Lit
The place, Victory Bay Oregon, population 14,000.
The Time, Spring break (no students at the college)
Why? Because the zombies are coming man!

Yes, it's time for us to act out our zombie plan!

Standard big box store with Lube Center on the west side, garden center next to it on the front (south), bottle return on the east side, loading docks to the rear (north).

Parking lot shared with Office Max (west) and Turnkey Gas Station (south), both about 1/4 mile away on the edges of the huge parking lot.

Building construction: Cinderblock with no windows other than the arctic entryways (two along the south face) and:

lube center (glass doors-one south one north, and windows in the lube center doors (small- three south and three north), and facing out into the garden center (one door.)

Garden center is roofed, with 12 foot chainlink covered on the inside by semi-clear rippled rigid vinyl panels and one exit, 12 foot locked re-enforced steel gate (lock facing inward).

Garden center is completely enclosed

Zombie Facts:

For the purpose of this game it goes like this:

They are not dead, they are infected.

The fresher the zombie, the faster it is.

They are attracted to light and sound and movement.

They infect others with blood and spit, a bite will infect you.

A splash of blood in your eye won't, but a splash of blood in your mouth could.

The virus stays on an object for 3 days, so you can be infected by touching something with an open cut on your hand.

Depending on the level of exposure it can take 6-72 hours to become infected.

Zombies will attack other zombies if no other prey is available, but they are more attracted to non-zombies because they make louder noises and move faster.

Zombies have no memory of who they were before, and generally roam aimlessly until something attracts them, because of this they are often seen in packs or mobs.

Zombies will feed and water themselves from live or dead flesh, pools of water, etc... so don't expect them to die from starvation or thirst. They don't die from "natural" causes.

They don't use tools per say, though they will reflexively catch something swung at them or thrown and may swing or throw it back. They can climb and open or pound down doors, however.

A Zombie, because it has no sense of 'self' and doesn't feel pain should be viewed as someone 8x stronger than they may appear...or like a hyped out junkie. They do not feel pain and it takes a lot to kill one.

People FAQs:

Characters can have one speciality and three noteable hobbies, and must have a flaw.

IE: Noteable means outstandingly useful to the story rather than something everyone would be good at.

Kathy, for example is a Pharmacy Tech who works at S-Mart and enjoys gardening, being Den Mother for her son's troop, and cooking from scratch and has Asthma.

Characters can be related.

IE: It makes sense that a husband and wife would try to meet in a safe place, for example.

The story will start like this:

It was a dark and stormy night...

No really, it was. Sunday night. Spring break started Friday , and 97% of the college students had headed out for the week as well as a goodly number of residents to check on family in other parts of the country.

A lot was happening out in the world, and there were a lot of folks scared about a new virus that was making the rounds, driving folks crazy. Or maybe it was some big Orwellian hoax. No matter, a big spring wind storm was coming, like came every three years or so, and a lot of people who were still in town were making sure they had enough candles and such to keep warm if the power went out.

In fact in the spring of 2006 the power had been out in some parts of town for four days! Shopping carts from Albertson's and S-Mart had been seen being blown down the street like they were having buggy races and trash cans were hazardous as they attacked cars at random. A lot of roof work needed done after that storm! And a lot of trees fell over too.

But the town was pretty boring anyway, the only places that were open 24 hours was the Kozy Kitchen and S-Mart since most of the14,339 residents were in bed by 8 PM. How very unlikely that any of the world events that was panicking the rest of the country would ever hit town....

Well, we have our first shopper!

Jay Williams

Height: 6’ 2”
Weight: : 245
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown

Jay Williams is an active duty member for the US Army who was recently given orders that his unit would be redeploying to Iraq in the coming weeks. He is an avid car buff and comic book collector, but unfortunately finds himself at the bottom of a liquor bottle far too often when faced with hardship.

Alex Taylor
6' 1"
190 lbs
Blue eyes
Sandy color hair

Alex is a reporter for a large city station. When the news people got wind of the situation they sent Alex out to cover it, not knowing the full extent of what they were covering. He loves reading, jamming on his guitar and restoring old cars. He is somewhat cynical though and is prone to making the odd sarcastic remark or two. Oh, and he wears glasses so he can't see a thing without them.

Last edited:
Brent Zalia
5' 9"
213 lbs.
Brown eyes
Short spikey brown hair

Brent is the star of the college's wrestling team. He's still in town, because he promised to spend some quality time with the family. He went to the store to get some laundry detergent for his dad. Brent enjoys drinking with his friends, wrestling, and plays a mean game of darts. Brent however has had a few run ins with the law. Mainly when he got pissed and did something absolutely retarded. He has some serious anger issues and loses his head when something really makes him mad. Being a wrestler, pain isn't one of these things, but that doesn't make it hard to do either.

Kiki Moss
5' 7"
115 lbs.
Hazel eyes
Dyed black hair

Kiki is a S-Mart drone and at the start of the story is working as a cashier. Born and raised in this stupid small town she is following the plot of most small town girls and, unless something happens to change her life, will end up being a single mother, or worse, married to some A-hole by the time she's 25, and in a series of low paying jobs until the day she dies.

She's hoping that one thing will be when she starts the Culinary School in the fall. It's an intensive one year program but by the end of it she'll be a chef and be able to apply in a big city for a decent job. She's always loved cooking, and she's always enjoyed growing her own herbs and veggies to cook with. Her other secret passion is old movies and reading romances. Maybe too many, since her choices in men tend to lead to the kind she can envision in one of those stories as the man who can sweep the heroine away as a villain but has a heart of gold .... However, she keeps getting the villain part and not the heart of gold.

Well I like it and I've just been reading up on Zombies...so I'm in I will post a character now that I'm back...and once I update my posts.

All righty then, looks like we have a good group going here!

I'll start it tomorrow, shall I?

Need to make up one for me! :D

Let's get rolling

PoliteSuccubus:

I think the gang's all here. Go ahead and start it up and we'll all jump right in!

Ruby Mills
5' 5"
130lbs
Pageboy cap of dark brown hair
Very light brown eyes with glasses

(we will need some sort of medical and locals would probably know her by sight, so go ahead and RP a past causal relationship within the scope of her skills/intrest. IE if they went to a play or dance, got meds from her)

Ruby is currently a pharm. tech, but she's training to become a full fledge pharmacist. Unlike Kiki (above) she moved from the big city to come to a smaller town and a simpler life with less stress since she was getting anxiety attacks. To jump start her social life she joined the local community theater group, though as a behind the scenes person not an actor, and has recently taken up square dancing which seems oddly popular around here when she'd never really seen it before except on TV.

(just realized description is Velma from Scooby Doo LOL)

Notes:

It'd be cool to have another female character, but maybe one will join later.

A store usually has about twenty people in it so there'll be random NPC's, a new character can write that they've been there all along, or try to find shelter and join the group.

PC Notes:

Dan: Can I have a rank & his job class?

Angelus: Since he's a local reporter and the outbreak hasn't reached here yet, could we shift that around to him being bitter about not covering the 'real' news? I think it would be awesome if he went around recording stuff and interviewed the others as a documentary, but that's up to you.

Erlind: Looking good.

FridaysChilde: Looking good.

Jagged: No worries *taps foot* ;)

PoliteSuccubus: Wait, that's me! :D

blast, I didn't see what you said until after I did my post. Is it alright if I make him a city reporter; that way he knows what is going on and is running from the zombies when he gets to the S-Mart?

Last edited:
lol,

Ok, so just read it, so editing this.

On the run, smack into a big storm, and into the nearly empty S-mart of a town he' never been to.

Is that the gist? :D

Last edited:
Ok, get your posts in folks because my next one is going to be an EVENT.

Yes, I have EVENTS planned for you my pretties!

Bahahhahahahaha!

Still have room for me? Have to catch up on your threat, but wanted to know if I can get in on the fun.

Mind if I join the fun?

Minorin "The Twisted" Hiragawa

Height: 5'4"
Weight: : 115
Hair: dyed black and neon pink stripes
Eyes: Green-hazel

Some children dream of running away to join the circus. Minorin was the opposite- she was born to a circus family and left them. She is a trained high-wire gymnast and very fast. For her hobbies, she cooks, reads like the world is ending tomorrow and is a motorcycle nut. She rides a Ducati Superbike 1198 S Corse Special Edition bought with what she made after two years of doing Cirque de Solie. Her fault-she has a very delicate nose/stomach connection- anything that smells disgusting to her can set her stomach into emergency evacuation mode. So zombies are going to be a challenge for her, especially the ripe ones.

Please do!

Posting is going to be slow over the holidays, I'm sure, but as I said, there is always room for more.

For right now you can be shoppers, or at home, or caught in the storm. But, you should all end up at S mart sooner or later. :D

Could I join?

Tamra Cealyn

Height: 5'10
Weight: 149
Hair: Long, curly red hair
Eyes: Green

She is the premiere college baseball player in the nation with the largest homerun streak. She was on her way to the game, but she is claustrophobic, and so was in a car by herself passin through when the storm struck. She loves playing piano, reading and singing.

Hello all,

Read your posts so far and off to an promising start. Is this worth throwing my hat into the ring. Perhaps there are plans for things to pickup post holidays? I hope everyone had a great start to the new year...

Back