2022 Literotica Award Nominations: Most Influential Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurel

Kitty Mama
In this category, please nominate the writer who affected you the most in 2022. Whose stories did you seek out and enjoy? Who made laugh/cry/etc.? Whose body of work most had an effect on you or your writing (if you're an author) this year?

Author must be an active Literotica author (meaning their account is still currently on Literotica – it has not been removed or cancelled) who submitted stories during the year 2022 (and those submissions must still be on the site).

One nomination per member, please. If multiple nominations are made by a member, only the first listed will count.

Please note that posts containing trolling, name-calling, and/or other forms of negativity will be removed. If you don't enjoy contests, that's fine - you are free to not participate. Please do not ruin everyone else's fun. :rose:

Thank you to all participants - readers and authors alike!

I'd like to nominate mypenname3000. Secifically for his Icestuos Harem series, but also some of his other story series'.

Last edited:
I would like to nominate Harddaysknight for most influential. He is one of the Original Gangstas on Lit, joining in 2003. With 198 stories posted, multiple hall of fame entries and having dominated the novels toplist for more than a decade, his writing bona fides are beyond question. He is also responsible for me coming to Literotica, as well as a number of other writers. As a result, he is responsible for hundreds, if not more than a thousand stories I have enjoyed on Literotica, in addition to his own. With his more than 6000 followers and his resumé, I don't believe there is anyone more influential.

I nominate j267. He has been an active Lit member since 2004 and an author of great erotica for years—including a handful of j267 classics in 2022. He is deservedly approaching 4000 followers. I can say with confidence, his stories have had more impact on my own writing than any other author. Check out his work if you haven’t before. You’ll thank me (but more likely him) later…j267 Stories

Last edited:
I nominate Darkmind222. They have written quite a few amazingly hot stories. Used to wait excitedly for their new stories.

I would like to nominate, Harddaysknight. The reasons are simple. To influence other writers, you have to not only inspire them. You have to effect them. You have to reach out and help them, mentor them, edit for, guide and assist.
There are many very fine writers here in Literotica, but it takes more than being a good writer to fulfill the obligations of the word influential... There are others, but for my mind. Harddaysknight. is well deserving.
He Has been a leading writer on this site for many years, and his reach is widespread.
He has written in many categories, and his high scores and number of fans shows exactly why I believe he is worthy of this honour.

Cagivagurl

I would like to nominate @gabthewriter for writing thrilling and captivating stories that made me sit down, completely forget about the day and still feel lost in contemplation after the last word was read long ago. In my opinion, if a story makes you start to reflect on yourself, it can be easily called 'influential' - and there is this big variety to choose from gab's body of work.

I would like to nominate @drHenderson , his story "Want you to want me" (contest winner) is truly one of the best BDSM romances I have ever read! And the hate-to-love theme is beautifully done!

How exactly is the winner in all these contests decided? @Laurel
Is there any voting and such? I can't seem to find any explanation for all these contests posted on Feb. 21st. Thanks.
Edit: Found it, never mind. It's here, in case there are other blind people like myself
https://forum.literotica.com/thread...ds-special-category-nomination-round.1583072/
I believe the way it works is there is the nomination round. Once that's closed, Laurel takes the top (maybe a couple more) most nominated in every category, then there's a new wave of voting just on the people listed, then that's closed and winners announced....at some point, could be months...

I believe the way it works is there is the nomination round. Once that's closed, Laurel takes the top (maybe a couple more) most nominated in every category, then there's a new wave of voting just on the people listed, then that's closed and winners announced....at some point, could be months...
Yeah, that's how I understood it as well. Truth be told, it is a popularity contest. Nothing wrong with that, of course. Just stating the obvious ;)

This is a great post because this award is about someone being influential to other writers, and most here seem to think its a popularity contest with so and so having the most/best stories.

No it isn't. It's about an author being an influence to both writers and readers. From Laurel's post:

In this category, please nominate the writer who affected you the most in 2022. Whose stories did you seek out and enjoy? Who made laugh/cry/etc.? Whose body of work most had an effect on you or your writing (if you're an author) this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back