101 Ways to Get Busted Peeping

LupusDei

curious alien
He had spent the best part of the last hour watching her skinny dipping and sunbathing nude in perceived total privacy in the wilderness. Then she sits up, poses a bit and takes a selfie with her phone she likely was playing with for a while...

(a picture indeed a rather suggestive one, but not blatantly explicit, it can be easily inferred she's nude, but nothing of "value" be seen thanks to pose, although she's not overtly covering either, and/or attributes or the corner or crook of the towel she's sitting on, or similar, it's deliberate and thought out about)

...and sends it out.

His phone beeps.

She hears that and is alarmed...

That's probably not an opening, rather somewhere in the second third of a slow romance...

Well, now, I know (from experience no less) that in anything approaching realistic take, she would urgently dress, gather her things and leave, and that might also be the last contact he got from her before she moves to another country. Unless of course, they are first forced to meet in some other context, with is very likely, but that would then be so much more awkward than ever.

I have never really understood why stalkerish behavior gets so strong an overreaction, but even then, trying to repair the situation from there could be fun challenge.

I really like the exhib/voyeur category and I've read a lot of stories on Lit. The idea of consent is important to a lot of readers. It's acceptable if it's an accidental glimpse and the two people, strangers or otherwise, can laugh it off and enjoy whatever happens next. Or if it's planned and on purpose by whoever is showing. Or if the person who's doing the spying has a sense that it's not exactly right but they feel like they can't look away for a few moments. Those scenarios are acceptable because there's a level of thrill from unintended exposure.

Consent and respect seem to go flying out the window when someone takes pains to remain concealed so they can watch an unsuspecting person. That person doesn't get consent or control of the situation and a majority of stories here are about respect and consent and willing participants. The 'stalkerish' behavior gets an emotional response because it's just not what most people want to read. They want willing participants who can choose who/where they show and who sees them.

Back