Writing Challenge ~ May 2013 ~ Comments and Reviews

Britwitch

Classically curvy
WRITING CHALLENGE REVIEW THREAD ~ MAY 2013​

Just a few little rules for this thread:-

• This thread is for comments and reviews only. Submissions go here!

• Please keep your comments focused on the pieces posted for the challenge running from 6th May – 20th May 2013 only, this is not really intended to be a thread for conversation/flirting/mayhem and so on (Sorry to be a bore!). Writers should be able to find reviews/comments for their pieces without having to trawl through pages of banter (no matter how amusing/sexy it might be!) :)

Readers/Reviewers:- Please keep your comments and reviews polite and, wherever possible, positive. If you have constructive criticism or advice for writers please do give it but be polite about it! You don’t have to like everything you read but if you really don’t have anything nice to say about something then I would suggest you refrain from posting. And if all you want to say is you liked a piece and no more…that’s great too! We all know how writers like to be appreciated! ;)

Authors:- Please take constructive criticism as it is intended, as an attempt at improving possible flaws/problems/areas of confusion in your piece. They are not (hopefully!) personal attacks on you or your work.

• This is supposed to be a fun way to get to know new writers and potential partners, to exercise our writing brains, it’s not a competition, please keep that in mind!

• One more thing…suggestions for future prompts are very welcome and should be PM’d to me – Britwitch – as a link ideally. :)

Previous challenges and reviews can be found here.

Happy reading!

Miss_Vivi

This was an amazing piece. I loved the 'burning' imagery all the way through, it was stunning. :rose:

thestruggle

Yay for more great writing! The speech in it was perfect, very sibling-y!

fr33ks33k

Your pieces always draw me in, fr33ky one. You've an amazing turn of phrase. And I loved the use of the prompt at the end.

CallmeLayla

This read like a song, nicely done!

Fish_Tales

There was something really raw and real running under this. Loved it. :rose:

Will review the latest pieces shortly but...

8 posts. 245 views.

raises an eyebrow

I know people are reading so why is no one leaving anything here?

C'mon, even if it's a just 'I really enjoyed it...' or 'That was kinda cool!' please leave something for the authors to read in return for sharing their stories. :rose:

Some thoughts:

Brit: Your piece was absolutely fantastic. May have gotten a little teary eyed about that one. :eek: Very affectionate in tone and so sweet.

Fish: What a wonderful storyteller you are! I always enjoy reading your work - this was very stark and believable, and reminded me (as if I'd forget! :rolleyes:) that people are messy. Well done!

I've really liked how many stories are up. Everyone has posted great bits. I'll say more when I get another moment, or at least when I can type better. :rose:

KarensTaboos

This was a very intense piece. I'll admit it took me a few seconds to settle into your posting style but once I got into the way you present your writing it was a very dramatic piece.

Carnal Desires by Hells_Fury

I love how the prompts can inspire such different pieces in people. Loved reading this from you Fury!

Angel_Lina

A very emotional subject matter and you wrote it very thoughtfully and without sensationalising it. Very very nice to read! Thanks for joining in! :rose:

Some thoughts:

Brit: Your piece was absolutely fantastic. May have gotten a little teary eyed about that one. :eek: Very affectionate in tone and so sweet.

Fish: What a wonderful storyteller you are! I always enjoy reading your work - this was very stark and believable, and reminded me (as if I'd forget! :rolleyes:) that people are messy. Well done!

I've really liked how many stories are up. Everyone has posted great bits. I'll say more when I get another moment, or at least when I can type better. :rose:

Awww, thanks lovely :eek:

And I love how many people have joined in this month! Maybe verbal prompts are the way to go. Or a picture and a phrase.

winks

We'll see what June brings!

Angel_Lina

A very emotional subject matter and you wrote it very thoughtfully and without sensationalising it. Very very nice to read! Thanks for joining in! :rose:

:heart: Thank you soo much, Brit! That means a LOT to me. I am glad that you really liked the way that I presented that story!

KarensTaboos

This was a very intense piece. I'll admit it took me a few seconds to settle into your posting style but once I got into the way you present your writing it was a very dramatic piece.

I love how the prompts can inspire such different pieces in people. Loved reading this from you Fury!

Angel_Lina

Thank you Brit...

KarensTaboos

Angel_Lina

Thankyou Brit.. from you that means a lot... but oh my such short moments in so many minds.. and some are just delicious!.. my favourites so far..

Miss_Vivi such a powerful piece so thought provoking

Britwitch... OMG girl you rock ! simple and t the point...!

Baelnorn WOW your first dabble?.. well done...

Angel_Lina you made me cry... that is not easy .....thankyou

Keep it up ... all of you I`m honoured to be in such fine company.....

Miss_Vivi

This was an amazing piece. I loved the 'burning' imagery all the way through, it was stunning. :rose:

thestruggle

Yay for more great writing! The speech in it was perfect, very sibling-y!

fr33ks33k

Your pieces always draw me in, fr33ky one. You've an amazing turn of phrase. And I loved the use of the prompt at the end.

CallmeLayla

This read like a song, nicely done!

Fish_Tales

There was something really raw and real running under this. Loved it. :rose:

Some thoughts:

Thank you.

Now I will have to make time to read all the pieces - it's only fair!

:rose:

Thankyou Brit.. from you that means a lot... but oh my such short moments in so many minds.. and some are just delicious!.. my favourites so far..

Angel_Lina you made me cry... that is not easy .....thankyou

Keep it up ... all of you I`m honoured to be in such fine company.....

*Hugs* Thank you so much! I hope that it inspired you to make more!

Yours was very powerful as well. All of the twists and turns! GODS, I felt like I was the mother living through the most horrible day of her life! SOO Intense it was!

right ok so I was doubtful any one would make me read the whole damn story three times in a row, least of all make me come back and read it again after doing something else!!!......o k here it comes . " I was Wrong"..there i i said it,and I have to say go read her piece.. She knows who She is .. and well You all astound me, how interesting your minds work... bu daymmmmmmm .." Beautiful Dreamer".. hmm will keep a closer eye on You ..

Kazzyxxx

This month's challenge is now closed for new submissions, but this thread is still open for reviews, comments and feedback on the pieces submitted!

Thank you to every single one of you who joined in and I would only ask that those that read and enjoyed what was shared would leave a word or two in here for all our challenge authors!

The next challenge will begin on 1st June!

Back