Real Estate Sales

stockman35

Literotica Guru
Joined
May 6, 2005
Posts
3,533
( Closed for LolaWilde88)

Selling recent real estate had been a difficult task for more then four years and only recently had began to recover. Jake had limped along, selling only minor properties for most of the time, which made his annual earnings less then $75,000. He was unmarried and barely 30, so it was an adequate amount to keep him going.
The turn-around started before Thanksgiving when he managed to sell three homes in one week. It was sustained all through the holidays even with the onset of cold weather. Jake had made more in two months than he did in the previous year.
On Monday, the owner of the company introduced him to a new salesperson, Melody Jones. She was a recent graduate from college and looked to be quite young. She was introduced as "eager to learn the ropes" so Jake took on his intern with a bit of regret, hoping she wouldn't slow him down.
He found her at one of the cubicle desks in the "outer" office. She was pleasant and quite tall. She would be a good salesperson--in about 5 years! Age can be a difficult obstacle in the field. However, he would do his best.
 
Melody had made sure her journals and pencil were neatly placed on the cubicle. She loved to dream that even though she was just 20, she would be a fine and productive salesperson. She had always been a great in the act of persuasion and her fit body definitely helped. She had light brown hair and stunning green eyes that made her look young and innocent so she seemed as weak and vulnerable, but her nice 34C breasts, slim body and long, tan legs begged to differ.

"Hi, you must be Jake. I'm Melody Jones, your new intern." She smiled warmly and grabbed her journal and pencil. "I am so exciting to be shadowing you these first couple of months!"
 
"Welcome Melody. Yes, I'm Jake. So you like the idea of selling houses? Good"

She was standing and he could see she was quite tall and spoke eloquently which indicated that she had done well in school. Having a good voice is a huge step-up in selling. This was a huge relief to him.

"This folder has all our current listings, which are also on our website. The website tends to be a little more up-to-date. Ahhh..it's probably best if we go look at a two houses this morning and I can point out a few things to remind sellers when you show them a house."

Jake quickly picked up a pass-key for the box and they two walked out the back door to the parking lot. Jake kept up a steady stream of tips and suggestions as he drove to a quiet suburban street and pulled up in front of a two-story colonial.
 
Melody nodded, listening to Jake speak. She wondered if they would become friends or if he was just here to teach and then leave. She tightened her ponytail and looked through the folder as Jake talked about the house standing before them.

"So, do buyers actually care about the style of the house? Why can't you just tell them about how nice the rooms are and how spacious the living room is?" The brunette asked as she tugged her red dress down a bit.
 
"Melody, 40% of the clients know whether or not they want the house before they step out of the car! Its the property and the neighborhood that sell a house. OK, now this is Pass Key for the box, you unlock it and take out the house - unlock the door-then put the key right back in the box...everytime!"

He might have been talking slowly but he want her to remember the importance of the key. She was smiling and not taking any offense, which him happy.

"This is an empty house, so you need to describe the room and imaginary furniture. That sounds silly but it helps."

They toured the lower level then the second floor. Melody tried her hand at describing the upper rooms, including the dimensions.

"Good job, remember to accent the possibilities. Also, we always leave by the same door we came in and we lock it!"

Once back in the car, Jake dropped the business talk and chatted with her about other topics. The second house was only 2 miles away but it was in an upscale residential area, where each home was on several acres of land. The house was almost twice as big as the first place.

"OK, now this place is selling for $800 thousand, but it's vacant. Most of our clients can't afford it but it is very useful to use as a comparison property. And there is a surprise in the back."

Melody looked slightly awed by the time they got inside.
 
Melody looked over the house, "Wh-what's the surprise?"

The house was huge, she thought maybe she might've wanted to buy the place. There were so many possibilities..
 
"Yess..isn't it just grand? It's got the ability to make people dream. Join me out back, this is really the clincher."

They walked out onto a flagstone patio to a huge pool. The sunshine was the only thing showing, with everthing else blocked out by a tall Cedar fence.

"Here, is a place we can skinny-dip!"
 
Melody tore her eyes away from the pool, looking at Jake curiously. "Um, what?"

Maybe she had just heard him wrong. Yes, of course. Or maybe he was testing her to make sure she was listening. She mentally rolled her eyes at the memory of her old teachers doing this. It was absurd.. They would say the dumbest, dirtiest things and it would only make the guys in her class become hornier.
 
"C'mon, it's like the perfect chance. We don't have to be anywhere until one."

He smiled as he waled toward the far end of the patio, still looking over the property, by checking the privacy fence. It was a very special listing.

"Have you ever tried skinny-dipping?'

He was about 20 yards away and kneeling at the edge of the pool.
 
"Let's try out the pool Melody. It will be a swell way to get a feel for a spectacular property."

Jake was using his serious voice but was perfectly willing to shift to a casual indifference if the offer was declined. As he felt the water with his fingers, he took a peek back at her to gauge the reaction. She was a very nice girl with a precious look that had simply caught his attention from the first moment they met.
 
He watched Melody from some distance away attempting to gauge her reaction and hoping she was willing to show her sporting side.
 
Melody looked up, confused. "Are you trying to make a move, Jake?" she asked, obviously offended.
 
"A move...nope, just a chance to relax and get a free swim. Are you up for it?"

He looked back at Melody with a thoughful smile, before removing his tie!
 
"C'mon, it will be fun, you'll see."

His shirt was pulled out as he stood and walked toward her!
 
Back at the Real Estate office ....

Katie Jones, almost 43, married to a successful and extremely hard working adoring husband, Jamie, two gorgeous children and I work as an art consultant for a select list of clients, currently looking for a larger house, money is really no object, but I have to find the RIGHT house

I have been searching for weeks now and know the process could take quite a while ...

I had heard about a house that was newly on the market and contacted the managing agent. I was told by the very polite receptionist that I could expect a call back from the agent concerned, sometime in the afternoon ...
 
He was feeling the warmth of the sun and the water of the pool was calling out as well-cared-for pool water always does, when he's phone buzzed. It was the office, with a message about the very house they were at!

Jake carefully remembered the number before hanging up. "We have a client..well a prospect anyway."

He quickly dialed the digits and introduced himself. The woman's voice had a sense of urgency that seldom is heard with homes in this price range and he had the special feeling that one gets as they are about to strike gold. Jake wandered along the patio walkway as he spoke, giving out dimensions and colors. Then he said the magic words, "we are at the home right now if you would like to see it... oh great. My blue SUV is parked right in front."

"OK, Melody, the swim will have to wait. We have a client."

Jake, re-assembled his shirt and tie, as he walked toward the house, while thinking about how best to present the best features of the house.

"Melody, let me start out with downstairs, then you take her to the second-floor. Remember- the comission on $800,000 is over $50,000!"
 
Melody nodded slightly and rushed to the front door, "So, what's the client's story?"

She glanced out the window, hoping to get a glimpse of the car and sighed, seeing an empty road.
 
"Ok, no we need to prepare. This is a very worthy client. We don't need to sell this house, as long as we sell A house. So, we need to make a good impression."

Jake was nearly as anxious as Melody. The housing market was picking up, and he very much needed to make up lost ground. He gave Melody an extra copy of the listing with his plan for her to show the upstairs. It was a big step.
 
I drove to the house - the satnav leading the way and arrived

First impressions were pretty good and I wondered what the details and finition were inside

I parked and closed the roof - waiting the few seconds until I was sure everything was right and quickly checked my hair and stepped out - walking towards the front door and taking in the well planned garden

'Hi, I'm Katie, we spoke on the phone' I said as you ushered me inside
 
Jake was pleasantly surprised as he opened the door and welcomed Katie. She was the perfect age for the house--lower 40's, and displayed the expensive taste in the car she drove and with the clothes she wore. She stepped into the foyer with her eyes noting the staircase and high ceilings. Her smile told Jake that a sale was in the works.

"This is a well-decorated home that has some top-end furnishings that we think you'll find to your liking. This my partner Melody, and she has a copy of the listing. We can start with the living room."

The two of them greeted and Melody looked unusually calm. He was proud of her.
 
Melody followed behind, making sure to help Jake with whatever he needed. She was calm, a small smile on her face as she made sure to listen to Jake and note what he said. Every now and then though, her focus was off as she watched Katie walk, she didn't know what it was but she was somewhat intrigued.
 
I followed you through the lower storey - listening attentively and sorting through the hyperbole and the facts - I had seen enough houses over the last three months and I was sure I knew what I was looking for.

The display furniture was simple and well matched to the decor, no clutter - just well laid out so that the house felt more 'homely'

I had asked your permission to take photos and you were only too happy as I carefully photographed each room - imagining our large collection of furniture suitable for each.

The house was really a blank canvas and that was a big plus ...

I carefully looked through the detailed plans you provided - checking through the measurements and making my notes to match the photos I was taking
 
Last edited:
Jake was certain when Katie asked about pictures that the house would generate an offer. He was always pleased to make a sale when he least expected one. It was the spacious kitchen that he felt certain would be the deciding room, but he was still saving the pool for last, just in case.

"Melody, would you be good and show Katie the four bedrooms upstairs?"

Her face lit up with audible glee at the thought of leading a client on her own. It was a brave move, but also the folksy type of friendliness that makes a buyer feel included. Jake stepped back and leaned against the counter, placing his clipboard and phone down as if he were checking on details as the two women walked up the staircase. He could hear Melody's strong voice pointing out features of the house.

Jake took a few moments to size up the client. Katie appeared intent on finding a permanent home that would be suitable for her family for many years. Jake had also noticed her inclination to be stylish. He had about twenty to himself while the tour of the upstairs was taking place.
 
I followed Melody up the stairs, admiring the spacious stairwell which threw light throughout the hall and atrium - the expensive wool carpet thick underfoot as I followed Melody into the first bedroom, the 'spare' spare bedroom as I knew that there was a visitor's wing off beside the pool

I listened to Melody's narrative, impressed with her no nonsense and honest appraisal of the layout and design - the ensuite bathroom complementing the decor of the room

I took a few photos and marked up my notes before following you in to the next bedroom - perfect for our son - the colours strong and masculine the matching dark marble ensuite would meet with his approval too - more photos and more notes before we crossed to the 3rd bedroom, definitely acceptable to our daughter's tastes - the large bedroom filled with bookcases and cupboards, the walk-in dressing room would be something to grow in to. A few more photos and notes and I followed Melody in to the next bedroom separated by a large open sitting area

'... and now - the master bedroom' Melody explained as I followed her in - our footsteps soundless on the thick pile

First impressions .... I hated the colour scheme - but the decorators would be coming in anyway if Jamie was happy

'What do you think?' Melody beamed

'I'm not too happy with the colour ways' I said politely - but I love the space and the view' I continued as I followed you into the huge walk - in

'If you like clothes ...' you laughed

'mmm - yes - I do need quite a large space - I love shopping' I said as I imagined the possibilities

I followed you through a doorway that led into the massive bathroom - no expense had been spared and I was impressed

'Very nice' I smiled as Melody beamed with delight

'... and through here' I followed you 'this would be perfect for your husband's needs' as we entered into a very well appointed dressing area

'Very nice' I said as I took some more photos and made some notes
 
Last edited:
Jake listened but heard nothing from upstairs. He knew that ' the longer it took, the better the chances of a sale.' He began going over the details of closing and pricing, just to be prepared and to keep himself from frigeting. Eventually his mind wandered back to thoughts of the pool and getting Melody "naked." She had that slender and tender body that he would enjoy getting a good look at.

He paced around the kitchen, toying with the lighting and checking out the hidden spaces in the cabinets. He did find an enclosed wine cabinet and carefully left the doors open to highlight the feature. He began to sense the commission check!
 
Back
Top