...and we do this for which reason?
- Flame wars between members pervade even the most of threads
- Personal vendettas for and against a bizzarro-land shadow contest (I'm guessing it's a shadow contest. None of the A.I.R. crap makes sense to me.)
- Trolls who enjoy one-bombing stories and/or leaving off-topic comments that share zero relevance to the story or its writing
- A category system that includes gaping holes while still allowing huge amounts of cross category overlap; and yet, it can still allow a story to be re-categorized based on the screener's opinion without explanation or consideration for the work as a whole
- A contest system with an opaque sweeping system that seems to share efficiencies with the T.S.A.
- Folks with more alts than the most disturbed of schizophrenics
- Political correctness police from every extreme
- No way for an author to promote "for pay" work available through reputable distributers in a tagline of their story
- A screening system that can leave a story in limbo for unexpectedly long periods of time
- Not sure where the line is drawn for "story quality" in the screening system, but it must be remarkably low
...all in exchange for the biggest potential audience. Man, I'm more broken than I thought.
Last edited by BuckyDuckman : 11-22-2012 at 06:44 PM.