Middle Class Virtues (Closed to smallncute)

CiralFox

Really Experienced
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Posts
198
The sun was shining, the birds are chirping and a college freshmen who lived at home still was sitting in her room alone. The house was a ranch style house, everything on one floor and then a basement underneath. They were a middle class family and she didn’t ask for anything more. She let her fingers entangle into her trendy short hair as she sat at her computer, staring blankly at the screen. She had a petite figure, only four foot eleven inches, and only a hundred pounds on her. She had boyfriends in the past but right now she wanted to stay single. Alex sighed as she looked around her room, almost thinking she heard something.

“Miranda! So lovely to see you again!” Alex heard her mother say as she heard a rustling of clothing which she thought that they hugged. “Miranda, what brings you over here?” Miranda, Alex knew of because she was friends with her parents, Olivia and Henry Cunningham. Alex, short for Alexandra didn’t know Miranda too well, but did respect her since Miranda was older than she was. Alex smiled as she came out to the room, to hug Miranda.

“I called her up, mom and dad. I wanted to go to the mall, but no one else wanted to…” Alex trailed off, before biting on her lower lip. “Oh hunny. Here you go. Call me when you’re on your way back!” Olivia said with a smile, as she ushered the small college freshmen out onto the sidewalk with Miranda. She looked over at Miranda and smiled. “Shall we go?” She asked with a smile.
-----
A few hours later, and Alex was in a rather nice dress shop in the mall. She knew that being the only girl she would be able to get what she wanted, but she didn’t know how. She hesitated in calling up her mother, knowing that with the price for that dress (which would go just amazingly with the shoes she had at home) for this party next weekend, her mother would never allow it.

“Miranda…?”

Alex hesitatingly said, fluttering her eyelashes at the older woman. If it’s one thing that Alex is good at, is getting what she wanted. And she definitely wanted this dress. “Do you think that I have this dress? It’s on sale.” She added the second comment in hurriedly, as she blinked her big green eyes at the older woman.
 
Miranda had known Alex from a baby. such she had sen her grow and always there at every major milestone, her first major steps, attending school, becoming a teenager and the like.

Whilst she was close to Alex, they had a relationship of respect. Because Miranda and Alex saw each other monthly or even less at times, they did not have a certain over familiarly unlike some of Alex's families other friends.

This had been useful especially when Alex became a teenager, and started to not necessary rebel but push the boundaries. There had been various occasions where Alex had called Miranda or even visited her almost in tears, angry with her parents. A more reason occasion was when Alex had bought a dress a dress so short that when she bent over her bum cheeks were exposed, the reinforced crutch region of her tights clearly visible.

Her parents gated her unless she changed the dress. It had fallen to Miranda to explain that exposing all to all-in sundry was not necessary the right approach even if it was fashionable, cool to do so.

That occasion, Miranda had spent a couple of hours with Alex in her bedroom, explaining to her that some times 'less is more' and went through her wardrobe showing her how she can be just as suggestive whilst maintaining 'standards and self respect' So when her parents were unable to reason with Alex, Miranda could for several reasons.

Miranda over the years had developed a soft spot for Alex. Miranda was bi-sexual, and whilst she wasn't totally a closest bi, one set of friends knew about it whilst family friends were more in the dark. Not because she wasn't prepared to tell anyone up till now had never been necessary, required. She had never considered pushing the relationship with Alex, even though at times the perceived taboo of such a friendship made it tempting, Alex was off limits.

And so it was on a Saturday that the two were standing in a upmarket clothing shop. Alex was outside the changing room wearing one of two dresses she liked. She had the money to buy one but not both.

Miranda looked at Alex, the one dress a lovely cobalt blue wrap over style with the neck line exposing the cleavage, perhaps a bit too much, though Miranda had found a lovely silk ivory camisole that could be worn to hide the cleavage, the delicate lace enticing yet hiding, obscuring the cleavage.

“Do you think that I have this dress? It’s on sale.”

Miranda smiled "Why do you need two dresses when you are only going to one party? We both know that the dress you don't wear will hang up in your wardrobe maybe worn once and then thrown out? How many dresses do you have that you have never worn more than a few hours?" Miranda was partly teasing Alex.

She always had her own way, and several times her parents, especially her mother in private conversations has commented on how Alex demands and wont take no as an answer?
 
Back
Top