The Official Authors' Hangout Valentine's Day 2019 Support Thread

It's going to Romance. The more I grind on it, the the bigger it gets.

There's the woman in a flowered sun dress, and the man in the Stetson with a .357 magnum under his buckskin-colored jacket, helpless lovers, and the men crucified on power poles in the middle of nowhere.

Oh, fuck. When's that deadline?

Anyone submitting in LW for the contest?

I’m tempted.

Yes. I’m taking my second Winter Holidays story that didn’t get finished and reworking it for Valentines Day. In Loving Wives. And it’s Interracial. Wooo hoooo.

I'm debating putting mine in LW or EC. There is no cheating, sharing, cuckolding in it, just a hubby and wife, together. I think I'll put it in EC just to avoid the one bombs from all the trolls that see my name and 1 bomb me to death.

I'm debating putting mine in LW or EC. There is no cheating, sharing, cuckolding in it, just a hubby and wife, together. I think I'll put it in EC just to avoid the one bombs from all the trolls that see my name and 1 bomb me to death.

Mine’s Loving Wives. How could it not be. Cheating. Cuckolding. Sharing. Group Sex. Interracial. Cute little Asian wife. BBC. It should push most buttons. And all for Valentines Day. Sigh!

Mine will go in Gay Male. The Web site doesn't offer much in the way of choices for GBLT.

Mine’s Loving Wives. How could it not be. Cheating. Cuckolding. Sharing. Group Sex. Interracial. Cute little Asian wife. BBC. It should push most buttons. And all for Valentines Day. Sigh!

Oh no,no, no...too many buttons! I have written cuckold stories, so I'm no stick in the mud. But with all these buttons pushed at the same time... even I might be forced into a 1 bomb :eek: And poor St Valentine to be dragged into the brawl...shame on you young lady, that's all I can say, shame, shame shame!

Might do better in Fetish with all those buttons. :eek:

Well, mine is written and with a beta reader. It's probably going into Romance, if only to stir up those hand-wringing trolls in whose views romance is limited to roses, candlelight and petticoated strolls in the moonlight. It could equally go into BDSM, but that wouldn't give me nearly as much fun deleting incandescent feedback.

Oh no,no, no...too many buttons! I have written cuckold stories, so I'm no stick in the mud. But with all these buttons pushed at the same time... even I might be forced into a 1 bomb :eek: And poor St Valentine to be dragged into the brawl...shame on you young lady, that's all I can say, shame, shame shame!

Lol. I was thinking of adding in getting married on Valentine’s Day plus all of the above AND First Time. Throw in a white wedding dress and I’m wondering if I coul manage to melt down the Literotica server?

I don't recommend Fetish. That category has low views, few votes and if the fetish isn't to the reader's exact kink - low votes too...

I'm seeing this happen right now. I put a three part cuckold story there recently wanting to avoid ever gracing the steps of the LW category again. I think it's a well done story...maybe not the harsh cup of brew many cuck readers seem to like...but the views are low and the scoring not what I expected. So if one wants to play with the fire, might as well jump in with both feet and land in the LW category...and let the wars rage on :eek:

Lol. I was thinking of adding in getting married on Valentine’s Day plus all of the above AND First Time. Throw in a white wedding dress and I’m wondering if I coul manage to melt down the Literotica server?

And your avatar looks like such an innocent and sweet young lady...:D

I’m in.

I’m going to try my hand at the toys and masturbation category, which is a pun. Oh, with some infidelity. ‘Cause nothing says Valentines like cheatin’.

I'm working on the April Fools contest now. I didn't think I'd have an idea for that, but I was wrong.

I'm working on the April Fools contest now. I didn't think I'd have an idea for that, but I was wrong.
There's always another contest. Upcoming:

Valentine's Day (February 14)
themes: romantic love, Valentine's Day, Cupid, sensuality, etc.
starts: January 21
closes: February 5
winners announced: February 12

April Fool's (April 01)
themes: Stories (humorous or otherwise) of surprise meetings, humor, tricks, trick endings, and other themes of deception, chance, and/or misunderstandings (happy or otherwise)
starts: March 01
closes: March 20
winners announced: March 27

National Nude Day (July 14)
themes: public nudity, exhibitionism, etc.
starts: June 20
closes: July 11
winners announced: July 18

Summer Lovin'
themes: warm weather, summer activities, bikinis, etc.
starts: August 21
closes: September 6
winners announced: September 13

I see a gap. A May Day contest is needed to fill in the lonely weeks. Themes: spring flowers, pagan rites, workers' holiday, and weave-in Cinco de Mayo with lots of guacamole and beer as lubricants.

There's always another contest.

I see a gap. A May Day contest is needed to fill in the lonely weeks. Themes: spring flowers, pagan rites, workers' holiday, and weave-in Cinco de Mayo with lots of guacamole and beer as lubricants.

Or a June Wedding contest where the bride or groom is shown the pleasures of ... I guess almost anything goes. Multiple partners, BDSM, pegging, first time, whatever.

This year (it's still this year) we had the Geek Pride Day event in that gap.

On the way! 1500 words in. I always feel icky doing more romantic pieces, but I’m putting a few twists into this one. Hopefully the readers will give it a chance.

It won’t be a 24-hour speedway challenge like my Halloween piece, that’s for sure.

On the way! 1500 words in. I always feel icky doing more romantic pieces, but I’m putting a few twists into this one. Hopefully the readers will give it a chance.

It won’t be a 24-hour speedway challenge like my Halloween piece, that’s for sure.

Woo hooo. I'm shooting for two now. I got kind of sidetracked into a 1930's Shanghai short story (thanks KeithD for sidetracking me with all those Chinese books LOL - I started reading up again on Shanghai in the 1920's and 1930's and now I HAVE to write this one). "Such is the Fate of a Peach Blossom". 3,500 words in, a third done now and I'm trying to keep it short. (Go on, laugh at me, EB. I dare you too).

My Loving Wives one is almost done now as well and as soon as these two are out, it's back to finishing "Shanghai Candy" and the SF novel plus my January short story for LIT (a new chapter for Happy Birthday to Me I think, just to push a few more LW buttons).

Well, I got a second Idea for another Valentine story...

Nope, not going to give any of it away.

Okay you twisted my arm... ouch.

Sorry, that's all I have to say. ;)

So after starting my second story... I was sitting there and a third popped into my head. The way I laid it out, I could have gone either way with the main character, but the more I thought about it I would set her as...

Not going to give it away just yet. :D

Now I just hope I can finish them all and no new ones pop into my head. I really hate when that happens. Sometimes it hurts. Or is it the headache that causes the thought? Hmmm...

No new ideas are materializing. No old ideas (and I've listed a few) are fermenting. But stories won't write themselves, not this time. Soon I must decide: write or not?

Clipping along!

This one might not even have any penetration in it, which seems... odd. But we go where the story takes us.

We’ll see.

.....3,500 words in, a third done now and I'm trying to keep it short. (Go on, laugh at me, EB. I dare you too).

You can laugh EB. I'm up to 35,000 words. The end of my Shanghai story is done, the start is done, the rest is outlined and the middle needs all the sex scenes. OMG :eek:

Back