Imagine a well-loved book turned into an x-rated one

You should've heard how I talked at school.
Not some adorable "Fuck me now, you cad" cut glass county accent? I'm in love.

As distinct from some broad Aussie accent, "You wanna root, love? Round the back, darl, we can share a goon. Shift ya fuckin' head so I can still watch Neighbours."
 
Oh, I do this a lot with much about anything I read. But for the honourable mention I too will pick "Great Expectations" for I was a really horny, horny teen when I read it, and indeed had great expectations. To my knowledge at the day just about any girl sunbathe nude given half a chance (most girls I knew did, and I myself spent a lot of my time nude at the river, and there was a hot girl next door I saw almost every day, but exceedingly rarely with any clothes on, as we had voyer/exhibitionist relationship going for years) and the Havisham's house hit and established a serial fantasy scenario, so much so I was wondering did the darn communists censor the translation, because there just had to be a nude scene with Estella, or rather several. But realising there won't be, I let my fantasy run free and fill in the blanks, so it was very much a porn book for me, all the way through.
 
Last edited:
Not some adorable "Fuck me now, you cad" cut glass county accent? I'm in love.

Not quite, but I did get taken for British a lot. One of my best friends was British, and a lot of my reading material, so it rubbed off.

(I don't think I ever swore back then, except once or twice when somebody challenged me to prove that I could. I was a very well-behaved kid.)
 
Certainly an interesting topic that touches on writing and erotic stories so a perfect fit for AH. Some of the comments first posted made me think about books already mentioned before I even thought about ones I might like to see sexed up. I remember that Amazon has erotic fan-fiction derived from the works of the Brontes and Jane Austen so I believe there is a market for such writings.

Pride and Prejudice could work but to my mind if one is going to adapt an existing work then one should try to remain true to the fictional characters as expressed by their original creators. Not saying one could write in the exact same style as the original even if one wanted to but just calling the female character Elizabeth Bennet, then having her shag everything in trousers (and skirts) wouldn’t do it for me. Though her sister Lydia was written too young to appear on Lit it would be her character that would work for that role, for she flirted with all before running off with the cad fellow without benefit of clergy and I could believe her acting inappropriately with soldiers (and others) before that happened. I could envision someone writing where the sexual tension grew between Elizabeth and Darcy as their attraction and feelings grew until finally on their wedding night it was unleashed in a tsunami of mutual bodily fluids and orgasms.

Someone mentioned Conan, I believe, and his character would certainly be believed if he was to engage in lusty adventures in between the wizard killing and general disemboweling of enemies. And with REH’s over the top writing style it could mesh well with a certain exaggerated style of erotica. I could even see someone who preferred a more GM-centric worldview to write about his gay cousin Groanan the barbarian. No end of possibilities down this path.

LOTR is kind of problematic as erotica simply because of Tolkien’s religious outlook. Because of that characters need to be adjusted to a more carnal worldview than how they were created to be and that alters them from who they are. Still I know there is plenty of LOTR erotic fan-fiction out there, a lot from what I’ve seen along the lines of Legolas getting all gay with other characters from the book and I believe these were generally written by and for women fans. If going down the LOTR path I could see having the hobbits going a bit voyeur on Tom and Goldberry for a start. Could also have a bit of gay bdsm in the orc tower when Sam rescues Frodo who is being whipped by a leather clad orc and the reason the riders of Rohan caught up with the orcs near the forest was because they were having a little too much fun with Merry and Pippin during the break.

Where I’d go though would be with Eowyn. She was very close with her brother and though I wouldn’t go full incest (plenty here might like that though) I’d put in undertones of their possible attraction. I could envision Wormtongue using that for his benefit by using charm/suggestion type magic or a shape shifting artifact borrowed from Saruman to convince her he was her brother and taking advantage. Also worm and snake can be synonymous and she’d learn his tongue was very agile as well as honeyed, methinks. She also expressed an interest in Aragorn and though he isn’t the cheating type I could see if she slipped into his chamber the night before he took the paths of the dead when he was despairing about success and believing he might not survive that they might comfort one another, nudge nudge, wink wink.

I suggest a Charles Dickens story though, A Christmas Carol. Scrooge could be reminded by the Ghost of Christmas Past of sexual encounters when he was young before money became his only guiding light. Perhaps Mrs. Fezziwig took pity on the young apprentices and lent them a helping hand or mouth as a special gift. Maybe he could watch as his ex-fiancée consummated her marriage and realize he let a real babe get away. The Ghost of Christmas Present could let him observe Bob Cratchit getting a little Christmas nookie with Mrs. Cratchit while his nephew, his nephew’s wife, and their friends have a very Merry Christmas indeed. Even the Ghost of Christmas Future could show him that those that looted his corpse and the fence engage in a little of the old in-out, in-out, as well as the couple that weren’t evicted due to his death in their celebration. Then the reformed Scrooge could make merry with some working girls and, gasp, give them double the payment they asked for since he is a changed man and they are working on Christmas.
 
Pride and Prejudice could be made to work because the societal pressure and repression would create dramatic tension, against which the characters' hidden desires would conflict. Elizabeth could be a secret sub and Darcy a secret dom, and they have to overcome their mutual disdain for each other to reveal their true natures and desires to one another, with a big romp at the end, featuring cuffs and crops.

To Kill A Mockingbird could be turned into a story of wild incest between Mayella and her father Bob and of interracial lust between Mayella and Tom. Scout (assuming she's over 18 if the story is going to be here at Lit) could carry on a wild kinky affair with Boo, with him leaving sex toys in odd places for her to find and use. Meanwhile, Atticus, working against the type of his straight-laced public reputation, is a bondage sub who submits regularly to his femdom, the local librarian. The local KKK chapter is just a front for wild gay male group sex. The local sheriff's deputy infiltrates the group to find out what they're up to and gets drawn -- reluctantly at first but then enthusiastically -- into their activities and is gang banged.
 
I'm currently rereading John Jakes North and South Trilogy. It's 900,000+ words even with a "fade to black" whenever things get 'interesting.' :p

Virgilia Hazard alone could push the word count over a million, but she'd have help from Ashley Main's collection of cadet buttons and Charles Main's generally randy behavior.

And that's just what is already in the trilogy to be explicated; adding some gratuitous master/slave action and rapine and pillage in the Civil War scenes.

I haven't found any affordable electronic versions of the Kent Family Chronicles (also by Jakes) but there's plenty of room in 250 years of narrative for some gratuitous sex and salacious behavior to be described explicitly.
 
I agree with that..

We're not talking about movies. We're talking about books. A completely different animal. Readers DO like erotic stories with plots.

I did just finish The Red by Tiffany Reisz I found it very hot, until the ending. Maybe in need to stick to biographical smut..
 
Dorothy..

Maybe the Wizard of Oz where Dorthy enjoys the pleasures of the men and woman of Oz, ending with Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West) Glenda and Dorthy end up together...

Hum...

All We Owe, We Owe Her..
 
Because x rated movies with plots work so well..

I'm no connoisseur of the genre, but my understanding is that erotic films with plots do pretty well by adult-film standards. I'm aware of Pirates and The Devil In Miss Jones as well-known and successful films; I'm sure somebody here can name more.

The issue isn't that nobody wants to watch porn with a plot, it's that an X rating (or equivalent) locks you out of most mainstream distribution channels. So if you do have a worthwhile plot and decent production values you can probably sell more tickets by dialling back the sex just enough to get a lower rating that allows you into cinemas/TV/etc.
 
I did a Regency era SRP that started off from the scene in Sense and Sensibility where Marianne falls and is rescued and carried off by Mr Willoughby, but then veered off from the novel. I'd like to do Mansfield Park Uncensored. I think that has the most potential of the Austen novels, with several dubious characters who could seduce and corrupt the more innocent virtuous ones.
 
I did a Regency era SRP that started off from the scene in Sense and Sensibility where Marianne falls and is rescued and carried off by Mr Willoughby, but then veered off from the novel. I'd like to do Mansfield Park Uncensored. I think that has the most potential of the Austen novels, with several dubious characters who could seduce and corrupt the more innocent virtuous ones.

Northanger Abbey has possibilities, if you play up Catherine's Gothic fantasies.
 
Northanger Abbey has possibilities, if you play up Catherine's Gothic fantasies.

There's all sorts of erotic potential in retelling Emma's efforts to makeover Harriet so she can win/seduce/hook up with a suitable man.

It would be interesting to take a Hemingway story and make it erotic; making an erotic story out of his prose style would be an interesting challenge.
 
I'd love to read a full on x-rated version of Frank Herbert's "Dune." Jessica has some wonderful potential for tantric sex and as for Paul and his spice dreams... oh my! And the Harkonnens with their bdsm. All sorts of possibilities once Paul ends up with the Fremen.
 
It would be interesting to take a Hemingway story and make it erotic; making an erotic story out of his prose style would be an interesting challenge.

Don't give the game away, Simon. I'm writing one now. "Did the Earth Move For You Too." The heroine is reading Hemingway and her boyfriend wants to make out.... and she keeps quoting Hemingway to him right thru the love making... based on a real life event. I was and my bed collapsed at the penultimate moment and I said ....
 
Don't give the game away, Simon. I'm writing one now. "Did the Earth Move For You Too." The heroine is reading Hemingway and her boyfriend wants to make out.... and she keeps quoting Hemingway to him right thru the love making... based on a real life event. I was and my bed collapsed at the penultimate moment and I said ....

I look forward to reading that.
 
Hey people how about the Oxford English Dictionary? Admittedly the plot is lacking, but there are some really nasty words used.
 
Back
Top