The "Fuck you cancer!" thread

Mum passed away at the weekend. Me and Dad were with her. She wasn’t in pain and went peacefully. We all miss her terribly.

FYC.

Dear LucyBee01 I feel your loss. It was one year ago Sunday that my Mom passed. It it comforting that you were there for her, as I was with my Mom, but never easy for us to bear. Just know that she felt your love and compassion. My heart goes out to you and Dad. :rose:

FYC

Approaching the 1 year mark since I lost my FIL. Wife is headed towards a depression state his wife and family want to get together on that day. I can't imagine sitting in his old house with a bunch of people.

Effing depressing

Approaching the 1 year mark since I lost my FIL. Wife is headed towards a depression state his wife and family want to get together on that day. I can't imagine sitting in his old house with a bunch of people.

Effing depressing

It is.

And yet, remembering is good, too. ((hugs))

:rose:

Effing depressing

We have gathered a year or two after a loved one's death, to tell funny stories and talk about fun times. It is pretty cathartic:rose:

Effing depressing

(((hugs)))

So...I've been diagnosed with something. Not cancer, but I had a very real fear it would be. I also lost my uncle a few days ago to seriously aggressive prostate cancer which, until four or five weeks ago displayed ZERO symptoms.

I also work in cancer research. I was all set to quit, for varying reasons. Even handed my notice in. Have since retracted it and going to keep trying to fight the good fight.

So...I've been diagnosed with something. Not cancer, but I had a very real fear it would be. I also lost my uncle a few days ago to seriously aggressive prostate cancer which, until four or five weeks ago displayed ZERO symptoms.

I also work in cancer research. I was all set to quit, for varying reasons. Even handed my notice in. Have since retracted it and going to keep trying to fight the good fight.

((((((EW)))))))

So sorrry for your loss. For all the changes in your plans and for everything you are going through.

:heart:

I'm so sorry.

I'm a prostate cancer survivor and want to say to all men "get your PSA tested".
(that is the sort version)

ps: Fuck You Cancer :mad:

Glad you are still on the battle lines...hope is in the future. Sorry for your loss and for your diagnosis

I'm a prostate cancer survivor and want to say to all men "get your PSA tested".
(that is the sort version)

Mine too...caught early enough for a surgical solution :D

(((((EW))))) - So sorry for your loss and for the health issue you are facing. Thank you for keeping your expertise and knowledge in the fight.

(((Shank and Scot))) - Thank you both for stepping up and sharing as prostate cancer survivors. My 49 year old husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer three months ago and had his prostate removed six weeks ago. We were lucky that his internist had started PSA testing a year ago, based on his mother's history of breast cancer. If his doctor had not done that, his first PSA screening would not have been done for another year. Based on biopsy results and his first post-surgery PSA test, he is cancer-free.

~A :rose:

p.s. fuck you, cancer.

(((((EW))))) - So sorry for your loss and for the health issue you are facing. Thank you for keeping your expertise and knowledge in the fight.

(((Shank and Scot))) - Thank you both for stepping up and sharing as prostate cancer survivors. My 49 year old husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer three months ago and had his prostate removed six weeks ago. We were lucky that his internist had started PSA testing a year ago, based on his mother's history of breast cancer. If his doctor had not done that, his first PSA screening would not have been done for another year. Based on biopsy results and his first post-surgery PSA test, he is cancer-free.

~A :rose:

p.s. fuck you, cancer.

Congratulations!!! :D Shank is a prostate cancer survivor, I am a colon cancer survivor FYC

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

and I wish you both all the best sorting out all the post-surgery "new normal" "rest of your life" stuff. :rose:

Thank you...and thank you so much for your "Mine doesn’t always work…" thread. Reading about the thoughts and experiences of others who have been in similar circumstances has really helped us adjust. :heart::heart::heart:

Thank you...and thank you so much for your "Mine doesn’t always work…" thread. Reading about the thoughts and experiences of others who have been in similar circumstances has really helped us adjust. :heart::heart::heart:

Glad it helps. It has helped me deal with my changes by putting it out there. Let some sun shine on things instead of trying to hide stuff.

Dear LucyBee01 I feel your loss. It was one year ago Sunday that my Mom passed. It it comforting that you were there for her, as I was with my Mom, but never easy for us to bear. Just know that she felt your love and compassion. My heart goes out to you and Dad. :rose:

FYC

Thank you both :rose:
We have had the funeral now, which was so hard, but beautiful and I think helpful.

And my thoughts are with those posting xx

Back