Thank you but who are you?

Emirus

Literotica Guru
I don’t always check the email address I use for Literotica every day and so have only just come across a message left yesterday from someone thanking me for my comments in respect of one of his stories.

It’s very nice when someone takes the time to do that and it’s happened several times in the relatively short time since I decided to make, hopefully constructive, comments.

The problem is that they never identify themselves. I have no idea what their author’s name is or the title of their story. So I don’t know whose thanking me. One writer’s email address did show up and when I contacted him he said he thought that Literotica automatically identified him to myself. Perhaps the other grateful authors who have taken the time to email me have thought the same and not realised that if they don’t specifically identify themselves that they just pop up as anonymous and there’s no way I can discover who they are.

It’s just a rant but us there a solution?

The solution, but you might not like it, is to turn off anonymous feedback. If you do that any person sending you feedback has to give their email address.

The solution, but you might not like it, is to turn off anonymous feedback. If you do that any person sending you feedback has to give their email address.

To be honest I’d rather not get a thank you message than get one and not know who it’s from and/or what story it’s about. Because, nice as it is, it’s infuriating. Anyone who wants a response will put their email. Presumably. But the point is that I don’t need or want their email address I just want to know to what the message refers.

To be honest I’d rather not get a thank you message than get one and not know who it’s from and/or what story it’s about. Because, nice as it is, it’s infuriating. Anyone who wants a response will put their email. Presumably. But the point is that I don’t need or want their email address I just want to know to what the message refers.

Can't you figure it out from the context? You've only just started here, so if it's a meaningful, useful, comment, won't there be allusions to the story the comment is about?

If it's a, "Oh my god, this is the best story ever" comment, just insert the word, 'today' instead of 'ever' and the true meaning is revealed.

You're right though, some of the most moving feedback I've received is from an anon, and there's no way to say, thank you.

Good point

This reminds me to be more detailed when sending a thank you. I'm new to this site and now I know it can be confusing to the person at the other end.

Can't you figure it out from the context? You've only just started here, so if it's a meaningful, useful, comment, won't there be allusions to the story the comment is about?

If it's a, "Oh my god, this is the best story ever" comment, just insert the word, 'today' instead of 'ever' and the true meaning is revealed.

You're right though, some of the most moving feedback I've received is from an anon, and there's no way to say, thank you.

I may have confused you and anyone else reading my post if so I apologise. I’m not talking about any feedback relating to a story I’ve published. You are correct in saying that it should be easy to work out what story of mine the person is referring to in that case. It’s the private messaging system from one member to another that my post is about.

Take this instance which prompted me to start this thread. I got a private message from the author of a story that I’ve written a favourable comment about and the author wants, via the private messaging system, to thank me for my comment. So they send me a message. Unfortunately all the message says is “thank you for your comment.” But I have no way of knowing who they are or to which of their stories they are referring.

If they would have put “thank you for your comment about my story Rough As A Bear’s Arse” then I would have known who they were and which story. I suppose the problem is caused partly by myself because I leave quite a few comments in the public section at the end of the story.

I know I can go to my profile and choose that I don’t want anonymous feedback on any story I may write but as far as I can see there’s nothing relating to not being willing to accept a private message where the writer remains anonymous.

I know I can go to my profile and choose that I don’t want anonymous feedback on any story I may write but as far as I can see there’s nothing relating to not being willing to accept a private message where the writer remains anonymous.

Now I'm confused. Every PM you get will show the account holder /sender - you can't send anon PMs.

If you get a PM, you'll know who it's from, by definition - you received it through Lit's PM system, ergo, the sender is known. Knowing the sender, search for them in "Members" on the Story Category page (towards the bottom), that will take you to their story page, and you should be able to remember a story title, surely.

Anons can leave comments at the bottom of your stories, but those comms stop there.

Members can also provide Feedback, and can choose to send you an email address through that portal, or not. Their feedback will be sent to the email you gave Lit when you set up your account.

You can change your email address, by updating somewhere on your account home page.

Members can also provide Feedback, and can choose to send you an email address through that portal, or not. Their feedback will be sent to the email you gave Lit when you set up your account.

You can change your email address, by updating somewhere on your account home page.

My fault. Being new to this I thought that private messaging was the same as feedback.🤔 So the messages that I’m talking about are the ones that I’ve received in my email account. I think I’ll just forget about it and go back into my coma.😂 At least I’ve learned something so it’s not a total waste of everyone’s time. 🙄

I love the ones where someone reaches out to ask you a specific question about a story or your writing in general and....its from anonymous:rolleyes:

Also seems the most interesting comments that I'd like to respond to are also anon.

Now the comments of "Oh, it was so hot I drained my balls three times" or the here's my story about me and my mommy....always leave e-mails.:rolleyes:

My fault. Being new to this I thought that private messaging was the same as feedback.🤔 So the messages that I’m talking about are the ones that I’ve received in my email account. I think I’ll just forget about it and go back into my coma.😂 At least I’ve learned something so it’s not a total waste of everyone’s time. 🙄

Ah, okay, that makes sense. Put it down to people being strange - in the grand scheme of things, comments through any channel are rare.

My working stat is one comment per thousand views, more if your story is very very good. Or very very bad.

Which means that my post #2 above still applies to anything sent by email.

Back