Sister-In-Law

SuperWill19

Really Experienced
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Posts
181
I would like someone to work on a story. There is this guy who brings a girl from a different country. They plan to get married. She brings her family over with her for the wedding. Everyone gets along well because the main character's brother knows a good amount of the language and so does the girl's family but to a lesser extent. Before the wedding the main character who is in his early 20s is getting ready to have sex with the sister of his future sister-in-law. But the rooms get mixed up and nobody knows he ends up having sex with his future sister-in-law instead. And his brother unknowingly has sex with his future wife's sister. Only the future wife gets pregnant. After the wedding the family goes back to their country. The main character doesn't stay in contact for long although his brother and sister-in-law do try to set him up with her. The wife has a baby girl and a couple years later the brother goes on a business trip and goes missing and is presumed dead. The main character helps his sister-in-law and niece. They eventually get romantically involved. Shortly after that her husband returns. Soon she finds out she's pregnant. Or the brother could come back close to the time the baby is due. And some how they find out about how the rooms got mixed up those years ago and that the main character is the father of what everyone thought was his niece.
 
To complciated with far too little pay off from the way it's built. It's basically a Rube-Goldberg story.
 
To complciated with far too little pay off from the way it's built. It's basically a Rube-Goldberg story.

What's so complicated? I'm not trying to be rude or anything I would honestly like to know. And who or what is Rube-Goldberg?
 
science_-_rube_goldberg_machine.png


This is a Rube-Goldberg machine. Can you think of an easier way to get orange juice (or whatever is in that thing at the end over the cup into the cup)?

That is your story. The only part that important is the room mix-up so the wrong couples end up having sex. The rest is complications. Worse you have the sex at the very beginning of the story and the rest is the kind of convoluted BS that would be great. If the story was supposed to be who was next inline for the Throne or if some prophesy said only the son of Gloin could defeat the Rune Wraith and ah ah there are two sons of Gloin! Otherwise the everything that happens in your outline after the mix up before the wedding is pointless.
 
It amuses me that a very small fraction of the world population knows who Rube Goldberg was. I must be old.

That is all!
 
Back
Top