What inspired you to start writing erotica?

I’m Not Sure!

Did Dr Beauchamp like the story? What was her reaction to the whole thing?

I would have loved it if she liked it, but she did not say. Though she was not judgemental at all - she simply explained the situation and politely asked me to remove or rename the story. Of course I did almost immediately, not wanting to cause any troubles for anybody.

I guess I should have researched it beforehand. I only used the name because it is my mother’s maiden name, French for “beautiful field”, and I always loved its sound and meaning. Also, it tied in metaphorically in that Dr. Erica’s “beautiful field” would be plowed and set with seed. So, I was a bit disappointed... :-(

-EvH
 
Last edited:
I have always written stories in my head. I would find myself writing fantasy stories in my head about TV characters and characters out of novels.

I tried a couple of the Usenet writing groups and found that they were very much like the cliques is high school. If you were in, the most horrendous garbage got praised. If you were out, well, Bill Shakespeare would have probably quit writing.

So it went unfulfilled until I stumbled into this oasis. Yes, there are occasional trolls and mutton heads, but for the most part I have found people are helpful when asked and respectful when not.

I don't always write modern "nothing left to the imagination" porn, so I get called out on it occasionally. But then I have always felt that the sexiest part of your body lies between your ears. If the brain goes for it, the rest of the body will follow.

Writing is a journey of exploration for me. And like any journey, I am always happy to have some company along the way.

James
 
I tried a couple of the Usenet writing groups and found that they were very much like the cliques is high school. If you were in, the most horrendous garbage got praised. If you were out, well, Bill Shakespeare would have probably quit writing.
I'm cultivating a thick skin. I've learned that there's a certain element that considers any tastes that differ from their own not only "wrong" but indefensible.

And another, somewhat overlapping group that takes pleasure in tearing down whatever another does.

I find the first group annoyingly self-righteous - if you don't go full BTB on a straying wife you're a "typical cuck", apparently. But at least they're somewhat understandable in their reaction (if not in continuing to read in the "Loving Wives" category - why read something you hate?). I generally read their comments explaining how stupid my story is, shake my head in disagreement, and move on.

The trolls? They're *very* easy to ignore. It might be harder if I put more weight on having a high rating, but I've noticed that over time and more views most of my stories float to roughly where I think they deserve to be.

Yes, it might be a bit annoying when trolls move a story below that red "H" threshold, but I've always thought it was a bit artificial - I find the difference between 3.x and 4.x stories much greater than those between, say, 4.2 and 4.7 stories. I rather wish that the search function let you set a "stories above X" selector - that would be a good first cut in separating the wheat from the chaff.
 
I have read LIT for a long time. A few months back I hit a dry spell in my mainstream writing. I decided that I would set myself a writing challenge. which was, "What if slavery for conviction of crimes (a gray area in the 13th amendment BTW) had become common. " I also wondered if I could write erotica that people would want to read. I am of the opinion that writing porn, erotica, whatever you want to call it is challenging, especially when you want to do it right

Long story short people do seem to like the premise and, paradoxically, it seems to be helping my other writing to flow. I have really enjoyed the world building and all the story ideas that have spun off from there.
 
I’ve always been pretty good at writing, but I lack the discipline and the need to do it “for reals.”

I’d read a bunch of stories on Lit over about a decade, then “my” type of stories hit a dry patch around 2015. So I figured the best way I could do something about it was to start writing my own. I was pretty sure they’d find an audience. Since, I’ve forayed into paid e-books, but I prefer to write for free. It helps to have a good day job.

Hence, the oft-repeated advice: write what you’d like to read.
 
I Blame It On Lit

After joining Lit I began reading the erotic stories and realized that Hell! I could do this. I remember the idea for my first story was based on an incident from years earlier and in a way was kind of therapeutic. I've written a lot of stories since then and I think the more successful ones rating wise have a grain of truth.

I write for me, I write what I like and I write about things that often get me off sexually.
 
I write for me, I write what I like and I write about things that often get me off sexually.

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner. That's probably the best motivation of all.

Most of us don't get paid for our writing. I know I have very specific tastes (kinks?) that I want to see in a story, and try to write the sort of stories that I'd like to read. If enough people on Literotica agree with me that they give it a high score, that's nice. But at the end of the day, if I think I did a good job and it trips *my* triggers, I'm happy.
 
I found Lit five years ago, and spent a few months wandering through various categories to get a handle on what it was all about. It didn't take long to think, "hell, I can write easily as well as most folk here, probably better," and started with a couple of short pieces and what turned out to be a long, shaggy dog story. That one served as a handy apprenticeship where I discovered my style, and then just kept going from there. It's pure self-indulgence coupled with some self-exploration, and an outlet for my libido.
 
I’ve always been pretty good at writing, but I lack the discipline and the need to do it “for reals.”

I’d read a bunch of stories on Lit over about a decade, then “my” type of stories hit a dry patch around 2015. So I figured the best way I could do something about it was to start writing my own. I was pretty sure they’d find an audience. Since, I’ve forayed into paid e-books, but I prefer to write for free. It helps to have a good day job.

Hence, the oft-repeated advice: write what you’d like to read.

Very similar to me. I'd done some creative writing in school eons ago. Got a few things published on a minor scale, but never cared to make it a career. I do a little character writing for a small scale RPG I've been involved with for a decade, but that's it.

I stumbled upon Literotica probably 15 years ago by total accident & got hooked. I'd had a story idea/fantasy in my head for several years before I actually wrote my first story this past winter. (that first idea actually got split into two different story arcs)

I was really nervous submitting that first one. How would people react to it? What helped me the most was reading the first negative comment. I realized that really I didn't care what anyone thought, I was writing for my own enjoyment. Anything else - positive comments, star ratings, etc... - was just a bonus.

I don't know how many more I have in me, because I don't want to force anything. If I write a story just to write one, I think the quality would suffer. I have one being edited now, after that I will have to wait for inspiration to strike.

I'll echo the final sentiment - I write stories in the style I prefer to read.
 
I was inspired by my wife telling me her own fantasies and dreams. They were a lot more interesting and detailed than mine. I started recording them in writing, trying to flesh them out. But these attempts didn't go so well. I found, when writing, I was better at developing my own based on imaginary characters. I might go back to the original attempts now that I feel I can imagine characters more completely.
 
I started writing my own erotica because I couldn't find any already written that fit my tastes (hairy pussies and heavy on the romance!). I wrote a few stories for my own enjoyment only back around 1998-99, which may or may not be lost. I do plan to post them here if I ever find them.

I got started on Literotica in particular because my wife - back when we were engaged - was a fan. She introduced me to it and I read a few stories, and figured I could do that too, and the rest is history.
 
I Highly Recommend Brain Surgery (not a doctor)

I kid you not—I had a brain tumor removed early this year and suddenly all manner of erotic stories gushed through my fingers and into my laptop. Not physical experiences, just stories. I’ve been writing my entire life, and though I’ve enjoyed reading erotica occasionally, it never occurred to me to write it. I guess they popped a cork.
 
Why I started: I found LIT, read compelling stories with lousy orthography, and thought, "I can write better that THIS!"
 
I've been writing fiction in various places online forever, a lot of it collaborative, and at some point that turned into flirtation with various of my crushes, and that led into writing erotica for them, and that eventually led to posting it here. Or that's how I remember it; it's been a while.

There was also an element of "can't find the kind of story I like to read, so I'll have to write it myself".
 
My wife (CuteSlaveLisa) would invite me to read what she wrote. I offered encouragement and what I thought were helpful suggestions. I am in some of the stories, sometimes my view of the past is a just tad different than hers. That is pretty normal. We see and experience everything as separate individuals, but we share ideas and thoughts being connected by our love for one another.

Lisa had an idea about doing a Rashomon with a shared experience, we might do that. Right now I am experiencing the fact that its easier to play with someones nipples or ass while she is typing... Easier to read and offer opinions... Easier to brainstorm and traipse down memory lane than it is to actually write...

And as I try to do it, I am finding some of my "helpful advise" wasn't all that...

aka Jamie
 
When I was in high school (the years started with 1-9-7...) for various reasons I don't recall spun some tales and that turned into writing a few letters for male classmates to pass of as their own to targets of their affection. Went well for a while, then I guess one wasn't quite subtle enough.

I was a math and science nerd who 'discovered' language when two female high school English teachers taught me grammar and poetry (it didn't hurt that I had a crush on the latter one, utterly unrequited, not even acknowledged, so don't go there.) Found I had some ability with writing and gained a decent grounding in English grammar.

I intentionally went into a math and science career as a computer programmer, systems architect, that sort of stuff. Used my writing skills in support of these fields, helped quite a bit but was a specific kind of writing.

Around 2000 I was in a long-distance relationship and used my skills to keep us, um, entertained and connected. But again, after that phase mostly went away from it.

A couple of years ago I was faced with various career challenges and I took a university creative writing short course to actually learn some techniques and focus for fiction writing in general. Not that it's led to a professional career, but it did wonders to allow me to understand ways to think about writing and things to think about.

I had a small number of 'experiences' around which I've long wanted to build stories and from there develop broader canvases. Many of my stories have a 'kernel' of truth to them but almost always only that kernel. Sigh ;)

I only discovered LitErotica last year (2018), had previously lurked on a number of sites where the quality of the stories was wildly uneven and more importantly the support structure and ability to learn from others was absent, which discouraged me from contributing. Across the entire site stories here (definitely my own) may occasionally be uneven but the average is much, much higher and the ability to participate here is to glean knowledge and advice is incomparable in my experience.
 
My wife (CuteSlaveLisa) would invite me to read what she wrote. I offered encouragement and what I thought were helpful suggestions. I am in some of the stories, sometimes my view of the past is a just tad different than hers. That is pretty normal. We see and experience everything as separate individuals, but we share ideas and thoughts being connected by our love for one another.

Lisa had an idea about doing a Rashomon with a shared experience, we might do that. Right now I am experiencing the fact that its easier to play with someones nipples or ass while she is typing... Easier to read and offer opinions... Easier to brainstorm and traipse down memory lane than it is to actually write...

And as I try to do it, I am finding some of my "helpful advise" wasn't all that...

aka Jamie

Well, that's easy to fix; Just dictate the movie you're watching in your head to CuteSlaveLisa...problem solved ;)
 
I've been a reader here for almost 20 years. So many authors would start a great sex scene and then wander off into... bleah!:eek:

It's not easy to kick an avatar's ass or slap a computer screen silly, so I decided to write my own.

I really didn't think I could write sex scenes and was shocked when that turned out to be the least of my problems. Anything resembling an English class is 50+ years in my past. I'm very rusty on a lot of rules.

Retirement was the third event. I was considering doing something part-time to fill in the time, but my wife said you're having fun with it. Go ahead and write.

I would never think of disobeying her. ;)
 
I really didn't think I could write sex scenes and was shocked when that turned out to be the least of my problems.

You're lucky, I struggle with writing the sex scenes. It seems like I'm either never descriptive enough, or that I repeat the same things over and over too much. I tend to write the story around the scenes first and plug in the sex afterwards.

If there's something important plot-wise that need to happen during the sex, I can write it with the story just fine ("As she was riding his cock, she noticed the pair of eyes watching them", that sort of thing) but most of the actual sex I usually don't write until after the story is done.

Honestly, I'd prefer to write the story and have someone else do the dirty work, so to speak.
 
My Inspiration

I "came of age' a second time in my early 50's when I became anally orgasmic and started having multiple male orgasms or MMO's. The phenomenon is known as "rewiring".

As a result of my rewiring I became much more sensual and sexually perceptive. My newfound perceptivity opened the door for me to describe the sensations and pleasures I experienced in sex. MMO slowed down my experience of sexual ecstasy. I began to chronicle my real life erotic experiences in a blog on Word Press. In three years I had 800 pages of entries and several thousand subscribers. I got encouragement from those subscribers to write a novel based on my experiences.

I built my first autobiographical novel around a half dozen real life sexual experiences I had, embellishing the acts with fictional details. I also filled in the storyline between the acts with fantasies I have had. Since that first novel I have started two more, also based on real life and fantasy. One is homoerotic and the other is a fictional story of a relationship between myself and a female friend of my family. All three stories involve internal conflict and the erotic tension of the forbidden.

My inspiration has been my desire to give words to my own desires and savor the eroticism that those desires evoke. My writing is a sexual outlet in a way. The stories provide fuel for my MMO sessions.
 
I blame Jehoram.

He's been a friend of mine for decades, and one day, out of the blue, he told me that he was writing erotica, and asked me to read it. (This was shortly before either of us heard of Literotica.)

I liked what I read, and mentioned that I once wrote a piece of erotica for a school project. He read it and approved of it, and suggested that I re-work it a little to avoid some of the euphemisms that I had employed in hopes of making the content more palatable to a college writing class.

I did so, and the result was "Endymion."

Then he found lit, and started publishing there, and convinced me to write stuff for the forum. I visited the site as a lurker, and found that I enjoyed reading some of the stories, but thought that I could write stuff that related better to my world-view.

So, inevitably, I started writing and submitting stories. I think the first was "Summertime Sex Ed," which led to the Hot Tub series. Like so many other contributors to the site, I wrote what I wanted to read, and what nobody else seemed to be writing, purely for my own enjoyment and the enjoyment that the stories might provide to others.

Jehoram and I never really collaborated, although we edit each other's stories. At first, he helped me with dialog, which I had trouble with making convincing. He doesn't do that very much anymore.
 
I remembered a dream for the first time in 10 years. It was so vivid and impactful, I felt compelled to write it down. It was somewhat literotic, so i said what the hell and submitted it. Might as well share, worst thing that happens is nobody reads it, and that was already going to happen.
 
What inspired me to start writing erotica? I had been a subscriber to Penthouse Letters for years. Over a period of time I noticed they were reprinting the same stories by reediting/ rewriting them. I started thinking I could do just as well as these "submissions" and read through their rules for contributions. When I discovered, once you made a submission, they owned it and could do as they pleased with it I decided to look else where.

Further research led me to Literotica and with my wife's permission I started writing stories based on why we made the decision to open our marriage in the late 1970s, which lasted thru the mid 1980s and the sexual adventures we had during that time. And, yes, I have embellished them.

I've been reasonable happy with the results, but mainly I've had fun with it. :D
 
When I started reading stories on Literotica there weren't too many that were set in the past, and many that I did find I wasn't keen on.

So I started writing my own stories set in the past, and while some of my stories are set in the present day most of them are set years earlier - the 1920s, 1930s, 1940s, 1950s, 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, 1990s and 2000s.
 
Back
Top