Idea showcase/cast call thread

Qyron

Maniac
Joined
Aug 16, 2006
Posts
3,776
Looking for a partner

I've already tried this idea and it came out a decent thing but when RL hits it hits hard and my partner left to tend it, so I've decided I wanted to try this thing out again. I'm sure the following idea is neither new nor it as never before been worked upon in the forums but I believe there is always room for another look at an old subject.

To survive and thrive
Most people will think "oh boy... another post-apocalyptic zombie thread". Nope. Dare to read a bit on before judging. Zombies are a bit over the edge for me; the concept doesn't work.

Apocalypse. But think about a war. Even better, an uprising. The collapse of a society under the pressure of decades of corrupt, power abusing, politics and politicians. On a global scale.

Civilization didn't came to an end but it did took a few steps back, made a back flip and landed on its belly. Central governments collapsed. Metropolises burned and crumbled to ash. People died in the count of millions: bullets, bombs, exposure, hunger, sickness... Take your pick. Those who were lucky to survive or too stubborn to die tried their best to persevere.

New communities were founded. Military. Agricultural. Industrial. Scientific. Religious. Nomadic. Others took the road and became wanderers, thieves, raiders or mercenaries. Each group with its own set of rules and laws. Each one a nation of its own.

Between all of this there is a man. Born in the late years of the Old World, he grew up during the Dark Years and managed to survive. Raised by a grandfather, he never knew a community life. His family childhood memories are his only treasures. And his only goal is to build himself a safe haven or die trying.

Needed, preferably, a female co-writer, able and wanting to take on the role of a female that will join the Loner. If by necessity, curiosity, desperation or some other reason, it is up to the writer.

Just take out of your mind some plot twist where your character will call some buddies to take over the action and put the Loner out of the game. What I'm looking here is to build a high-tension story between two individuals in a hostile world: think in terms of The Blue Lagoon meets Mad Max Series.

What am I looking for in a co-writer? Imagination, some experience and patience.

I do have a family and a beautiful and fulfilling real life; coming here to the forums is a plus and a very pleasant hobby but, never the less, a hobby and sometimes I will not respond promptly.

If this is something you would like to try, drop me a line; PM is always a good thing. I will only write an opening post for the thread after debating a bit about what ideas will be explored in the story.
It makes no sense if the general guidelines seem awesome but the particular aspirations we, as writers, have as how the story will evolve and the characters will interact with each other and with the world around them are incompatible.

I still have the link for the original thread you find yourself curious about what was explored and what kind of writing I put together. There is also a lot of ideas and concepts I've came up along the way with my previous partner to share and discuss.
 
Last edited:
And what could be the reason for a nomad tribal leader to pair up with a man that has no allegiance to anyone but himself?

But you area right. That did sounded a lot like Scorpion... That wasn't my intention.
 
Less of a team. More of a mutual let's-not-kill-each-other thing. Or guy could raid the camp and steal supplies. Something.
 
The only thought that crosses my mind id: why?

Why would you assume my character has a need to raid a camp?

Why would a clan/tribe leader group with a man he does not know nor he as need to know?
If he is a leader, he has an entire tribe behind him.​
If he was overthrown by rivals, he wouldn't group with an outsider in order to regain power.​

- I'm a mason. I go from one place to the next, either selling my labor or doing other odd jobs.
- To travel this world alone takes courage.
- That or an incredible stupidity. I haven't yet realized which is my exact affliction.

How about that for some ambiance? That is what my character is and how he acts.
 
Sounds interesting. I have an idea for a character and backstory. I tried to use her in another end of world thread, but with it being open to all following the plots and characters and jumping in at the right time made it too hard to continue.

If your interested let me know.
 
Back
Top