Pern - Dragon World (invitation only)

Waking as the warmth of Danny's body withdrew from him, pulling the blankets up around himself again. Groggily rising up onto his left elbow, Triip rubs sleep from his eyes noticing how pretty she is. Without makeup her hair up into a quick ponytail, two long curls frame a innocence face. But he know she's a hellcat when she wants to be, having experienced it first hand. Her coaxing voice brings a smile to his face as a wild green Dragon is perched on and eating from her hand. The smile on her lovely face and a softness in her eyes as the spirit of Pern was present in this beautiful moment. Speaking very softly not to frighten the Green Sprite away. "Think you bonded with a Green Sprite, Perns spirit has accepted you."

Rolling onto his back to sit up surprisingly his leg felt better, tries to keep foil blankets from making the least noise possible. Reaches down to rub his inner thigh, the feisty little Green Sprite flits from Danny's hand to Triip's leg. It looks down at his leg and then into his eyes, it would coo softly as if it understood he's injured. Beating it's wings a low toned hum can be heard, looking down as if studying his injury through the bandage. Then flitting around the entrance of their rock shelter gathering green sprigs, flits back to her to Danny it broke sprigs. As they didn't quite understand what this behavior yet.

It gathers the bits a beak like mouth flits over a cup a little water in it, drops the broken sprigs into the cup. Then to Triip's shoulder crawling over to his cheek to peck the corner of his lips, flits back to Danny it trills chirp so she'd understand. Still a bit sleepy Triip says yawning ... "Thin she tryin ta tell ya sumthin bout ma leg." Pulling himself up on a flat rock with a grunt, grimacing as he'd slowly stretch his leg out to prop on another rock. In pain his injury throbs with each heart beat.

"A big pack Jerky in my backpack and juice beside it, mind tossing them to me? Oh, a anti inflammatory pack please?" Lightly rubs a bandaged inner thigh as he speaks. "It'll be our breakfast, lunch and dinner if we do not find game or get to find a sheltered travelers stash. There's a few of them every so many miles apart for just this type of emergency. Won't be easy Danny, but we'll make it Hun." Hoping that particular term of endearment didn't offend the beautiful Danny he likes.
 
Last edited:
Danny is totally captivated by the wee creature. She smiles at it's movements thinking, "How pretty!" Finally she looks up to see Triip watching with a smile on his handsome face. She feels herself warm up to the look he has in his green eyes as he says,

"Think you bonded with a Green Sprite, Perns spirit has accepted you."

Danny watches Triip as he rolled over and tries to get into a comfortable position with his hurt leg. He comments on the Green Sprite's actions as he maneuvers around, ending up perching his leg on a flat rock. She watches the wee dragon as it flits back and forth. First looking at Triip and his leg, then she flies out of their shelter of rocks to some plants a few feet away. The creature drops a few sprigs of the plant into a cup that still had some water in it from the night before.

Triip continues to talk about their situation and she notes his "Hun", liking the sound of it on his lips.

Danny says, "I think she wants you to drink that water she just drops some plants in. I'm guessing the plant is safe. Don't move... let me get it for you."

As she gets the cup of water, the creature hovers over her like she is giving directions. Danny laughs and comments,

"I think I'll call her Sprite....so pretty and sweet natured. Do you think she understands us in some way?" She grinned as she came close to Tripp and leaned down to hand him the cup. He leaned forward as she leaned down. They both stopped when their faces were only a few inches apart. They looked into each others eyes before Danny blinks and adds,

"Oh...here, take this and drink it all down. It might help your leg to heal faster...or at least I hope it does."

Her face had turned a bright pink as she said the words. Sprite chirped as though she knew what the human words meant. Both Danny and Triip laughed at her antics.
 
Back
Top