Jungle Mystery (Closed)

The Elephant made her way to the village knowing the old woman is normally there and once they wrapped its trunk around Kirea and tried to pull her from him to lay her down within the village before trumpeting repeatedly till the old woman hobbled over.

Shush... wounded sleeping you old loudmouth... Let him down...

She tagged her walking stick on the ground intently and the Elephant lowered her front legs to let him climb down. The old woman reached a hand out and pet the old elephants trunk and then looked to Ryan...

I was told what you said in battle... We are pleased...
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Hey anything to get the fear of spirits and devils into the soldiers right?"

He removed the darts from his pouch and held it to her,

"The soldiers drugged her with this, there was a man that wanted her, but I killed him."

He gave her a brief, but detailed description of how the man looked that tried to take Kirea.
 
Maroo... it is good he is gone... He always try to bring her out of darkness and lay claim make her become soldier so he have power over animals as well. Not know if she change they will not follow her...

She took the darts and studied them before collecting up herbs and other berries and vials and began mixing up all she needed breaking open the darts and adding the remainder of the fluid into the mixture and then smearing it on the wounds and then trying to make her eat some of the mixture as well.

She will sleep for great time... should be well when she wakes up.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He pointed at the wound above her hip,

"There is still a bullet in there, would it not be better to get it out?"

He motioned to the wound in her leg,

"That went through, she should be fine from that one."
 
We have to get toxin out. Yes bullet come out now too...

She began to look for a way to get the bullet out slowly and carefully. Once the bullet was out she worked again with the mixture and got her bandaged and laying there comfortable so she could sleep it off.

Watch over her I have to tend to the others as well.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He slipped the rifle from his back and sat down, scanning her body and smiling, what fun it would be to act like a male lion with her. He chuckled at the thought and looked around him, taking in the surroundings
 
Dried herbs and shelves of vials and other containers covered 2 walls the old woman had a collection of charms and other items hanging around as well. in her simple but efficient shop/home.

Kirea laid there lost in the deep sleep the sun coming in the window washing over her as she laid there. She was not native to this land but seemed to be a true part of it as any of the villagers or the animals.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He saw a bowl with water and pulled it closer, getting up he found a cup and a cloth. Just in case. He sat down and watched her, he wonder just how long she have been here and what her tale was.
 
She laid there for a long time before showing any signs of remotely even moving much less waking up. Her head tossed a little as she snarled still deep asleep. She then began tossing and turning as she slept but was mumbling and growling in her sleep.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

Using the cloth that he had wet with water he wiped the sweat that formed from her face and chest.

"Angry little girl aren't you?"

He kept wiping away her sweat, almost tenderly, using his hand to steady her if she starts to seem struggling to much and open up her wounds, speaking to her in a soothing voice.
 
Eventually his voice slipped into her mind and and hearing as she calmed some hearing him and smiled softly. She mumbled something and seemed to roll over towards him still sleeping peacefully. Her hair falling a little over her face she eventually began to wake up.

Looking around quickly as she leaped up only to growl at the pain in her side from the bullet that struck her hip. She snarled slightly asking where they were before her eyes cleared and she knew where she was.

What happened... We have to go help them... Maroo... Will die this time... betrayed the village... his village... his childhood home... here.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"Calm down, they are all dead, lie down let me get the old woman. You will just open your woulds and they will start to bleed again."

He poured water into a cup and held it out to her,

"Drink this, I will be right back."
 
Kirea nodded and smiled sipping the water. Watching him as he left she sat there taking a deep breath feeling the pain in her side and leg she did not like this feeling at all.

The old woman entered and looked to her...

Lay down... you show eyes of pain... of no use in pain... rest... let herbs work now... Ryan can stay here with you and I will go to the cave so the animals know you are alright...

Kirea sighed nodding to her and laid back down holding a hand out to Ryan. THe old woman looked to him.

You may lie there with her if you like... not much room here for two since husband die long ago.

With that she nodded and turned to leave...

She knows the herbs and can add more if she needs them.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He took her hand and sat down next to her giving her a smile,

"We really need to work on your tactics."

He had spoken in English without realizing it,

"You don't warn somebody before you kill them that you are there after taking the time to sneak up on them."
 
He was coward... Maroo always been coward... not willing to fight me since I beat him in fight as children... The Animals chose me... not him to understand them.

She was speaking in English too without really understanding why. She watched his eyes smiling...

We need move your stuff to cave still... right?
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He switched back to the native dialect,

"Yes we will have to, but first you must rest, Get better and then worry about me."
 
I'm fine...

She moved most determined to stand. Holding to him she slipped over the edge of the bed and began to try to stand up. She growled a little as she put her weight on her feet standing there determined to prove she was fine. The bullet wound in her leg however had other ideas.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He caught her as she started to fall and laid her down again,

"You are not fine, you can be happy that you hip is not cracked."

He patted her hand reassuringly,

"Now rest and heal."
 
She growled not liking being injured like this where she could not help anyone, but she accepted his help back onto the bed and laid there.

I can't protect them in this state... this is NOT acceptable...
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"I am here, I will be your hand of protection as long as I am here. From what the old woman said, you will not take too long to heal and then you can go hunt all lion like again."
 
I will rest for now... I want to go home soon though.

She moved a little closer to him with a sigh willing to let him help her though she didn't know why.
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

"You will go home, I will carry you if it is needed,"

he smiled and patted her hand gently.
 
Nodding to him she curled into his arms again pulling him down with her and laying back down to rest for now.

Yes... When I can stand... We will go back home...
 
Ryan "Ghost" Phillips

He laid there, one arm around her as she snuggled up to him, it was so innocent and trusting that he didn't want to move or speak, scared of breaking the spell that she had wove and captured him in.
 
During the time she slept the children came in leaving little gifts and one of them carried in a baby goat nearly as big as he was and told it to watch over her and grass man.

The old woman was in and out of her little shop and even tended to a few wounded in her shop. Late in the day the Elephants trunk reached in through a window and began sniffing around as if checking on her as well.

The old woman looked over... I told you she okay... let Kirea sleep old woman.

At that the elephant snorted and then kept right on sniffing.
 
Back
Top