With what Photo Op will President Obama Counter Vlad With?

4est_4est_Gump

Run Forrest! RUN!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Posts
89,007
Golf club?

Cue stick'n beer?

Off to the fund raiser?

~OR~

Is this too tacky? Should we show the same respect and class afforded to Dubya by the Democrats when he was blindsided with the news of 9-11 while reading to a classroom of children...

;)

... yeah that's the ticket. Let us celebrate today's fundraiser; no President rearranges his schedule according world events, world events rearrange their course for him.

:cool:
 
What earth-shakin' events today require the President to re-arrange his schedule to suit your whims?

I would point out that many times the President's schedule is decided months in advance.
 
Traveling in Denver, this reporter heard gasps from guests watching a hotel lobby television as Obama spoke.

One remarked: 'A tragedy is when you lose control and fly into a mountainside. This is mass-murder. What a disappointment.'

'His distance from reality is just bizarre,' said another.

Daniel Hannan, the British member of Europe's parliament who has rankled liberals in a series of American speaking tours, tweeted his own disgust.

'Listening to Obama's statement [on] the airline tragedy, my mind went back to Reagan 31 years ago,' he wrote.

'How America's leaders have shrunk.'

Obama finished his speech by saying 'Let’s build some bridges. Let’s build some roads. God bless America.'

Matt Viser, a Boston Globe reporter on the scene, tweeted a devastating reaction.

'Obama, in sum: A plane crashed. It may be tragic. We're trying to see if US citizens were on board. Hey, great to be in Delaware!' he wrote.

The president's next stop after Wilmington was New York City, where he headlines a Democratic Party fundraiser Thursday evening. Tickets for the cozy event go for as much as $32,400.

News of the plane crash reached the White House before Obama left for Delaware on Thursday morning. He ignored a question, shouted by a reporter as he departed, asking what he knew about the ill-fated Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777.
Daily Mail
 

I would point out (Daily Mail):

President Barack Obama provoked fury in the U.S. on Thursday by casually devoting less than a minute to the deaths of 295 people aboard a Malaysian airliner, as he began an often jokey 16-minute speech about the need to expand America’s transportation infrastructure.

There are no confirmed American dead and the White House issued a statement on Thursday evening which said they were still seeking any 'information to determine whether there were any American citizens on board'.

An earlier Reuters report claimed that it was feared that as many as 23 U.S. citizens had perished.

Obama declared in Wilmington, Delaware that 'it looks like it may be a terrible tragedy,' but not before enthusiastically declaring that 'it is wonderful to be back in Delaware.'

Before I begin, obviously the world is watching reports of a downed passenger jet near the Russia-Ukraine border. And it looks like it may be a terrible tragedy. Right now we’re working to determine whether there were American citizens on board. That is our first priority.'

'And I've directed my national security team to stay in close contact with the Ukrainian governemnt. The United States will offer any assistance we can to help determine what happened and why. And as a country, our thoughts and prayers are with all the families and passengers, wherever they call home.

Obama then jarringly quickly returned to his prepared remarks.

'I want to thank Jeremie for that introduction' he said. 'Give Jeremie a big round of applause.'

'It is great to be in the state that gave us Joe Biden. We’ve got actually some better-looking Bidens with us here today. We've got Beau and his wife, Hallie, are here. Give them a big round of applause. We love them.'

He got the news at 09:52 (Eastern) and spoke at 13:38...
 
Obama working HARD on issues of the day

Smoking-Monkey-460x507-4391.jpg
 
They did it. I'm outraged.

Now we're going to investigate and talk.

I'm talking to Putin more than ever and I'm going to keep talking at him.


Come on, say it Barack, what the hell are you going to do for Ukraine other than strand back and take a hard look?

We're going to seriously lead from BEHIND the skirts of diplomacy!

That is our aid! It costs nothing...
 
Back
Top