A Gallimaufry For The Lackadaisical Logophile

tumblr_lv95ijA8vO1r47bczo1_r1_500.jpg





EXOSCULATE

[verb]
to kiss; especially, to kiss repeatedly or fondly.



BAISER FLORENTIN

[title/noun]
French: Florentine kiss. Also known in English as a French kiss. In France, it is also referred to as baiser amoureux (“love kiss”) or baiser avec la langue (“kiss with the tongue”). It is a kiss in which one participant’s tongue touches the partner’s lips or tongue and usually enters his or her mouth. A French kiss is a slow passionate kiss which is usually considered intimate, romantic, erotic or sexual. This type of oral contact is generally considered an erotic kiss usually reserved for lovers.



BLISSOM

[verb]
to be lustful; to be lascivious; also, in heat; subject to or having strong sexual desires.
Etymology: blissomen, of Scandinavian origin; akin to blæsma - in heat (said of goats); akin to blāsa - to blow.



FERVOUR

[noun]
1. great intensity of feeling or belief; ardour; zeal.
2. Rare: intense heat.
 
tumblr_ogpydjdmx71v2nm11o1_500.jpg





SAIGNER

[verb]
1- to bleed, to be bleeding.
2- to bleed, to drain blood from.



EMBRUE [aka IMBRUE]

[verb]
1- to stain, as with blood; bloodstains.
2- to impregnate or imbue.



HAEMATOPHAGY

[noun]
the practice of certain animals of feeding on blood (from the Greek words, haima “blood” and phagein “to eat"). Since blood is a fluid tissue rich in nutritious proteins and lipids that can be taken without enormous effort, haematophagy has evolved as a preferred form of feeding in many small animals such as worms and arthropods.



PHLEBOTOMY

[noun]
the act or practice of opening a vein for letting blood as a therapeutic measure; venesection; bleeding.
 
tumblr_ntfmv7el2T1r47bczo1_500.jpg




STULTIFY

[verb]
1- to make, or cause to appear, foolish or ridiculous.
2- to render absurdly or wholly futile or ineffectual, especially by degrading or frustrating means.
3- Law: to allege or prove (oneself or another) to be of unsound mind.



ABASE

[verb]
1- to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade; disgrace.
2- Archaic: to lower; put or bring down.




CHARIENTISM

[noun]
a figure of speech wherein a taunting expression is softened by a jest; an insult veiled in grace.



IGNOMINY

[noun]
1- disgrace; dishonour; public contempt.
2- shameful or dishonourable quality or conduct or an instance of this.
 
tumblr_maqta4XJ6K1qb5gkjo1_500.gif




HOROLOGY

[noun]
the art or science of making timepieces or of measuring time.



SYNCHRONISE

[verb]
1- to occur or recur or cause to occur or recur at the same time or in unison
2- to indicate or cause to indicate the same time.
3- to designate (events) as simultaneous.



SUCCISIVE

[adjective]
1- of time, spare or excess; to have too much time on one’s hands; to waste time due to having too much time.
2- superfluous; in excess of what is required or sufficient



TRANSIENCE

[noun]
the state or quality of being transient; lasting for a short time; temporary; ephemeral; not lasting, not enduring; impermanent.



LOLLYGAG [aka LALLYGAG]

[adjective]
1- to spend time doing things that are not useful or serious; to fool around and waste time.
2- to move slowly, fall behind; dawdle.

[noun]
3- an idler; a layabout; a person who habitually does little or no work.
 
tumblr_nsg9r7lXvJ1r47bczo1_500.jpg




LUSUS NATURAE

[noun]
1- a freak, mutant, or monster.
2- a person or animal that is markedly unusual or deformed.



THEROID

[adjective]
of, relating to, or resembling a beast.



ILLUDE

[verb]
to trick; delude; deceive.



GROTENDOUS

[adjective]
grotesque, horrendous; shockingly and dreadfully odd or unnatural in shape, appearance, or character; fantastically ugly or absurd; bizarre.
 
Every time I see the thread up there I think to myself:
Geeze, that sounds just as stupid as Dipshit's empty head
 
I don't think it's a bad thread either, tbh
I'm just at the point at which anything associated with ILoveButtholes40 fills me with distaste
*rose*
 
tumblr_oa2nyuv2pu1qbn1l3o1_500.gif




GAUMLESS [aka GORMLESS]

[adjective]
lacking intelligence and vitality; dull; stupid; witless; vacant.



OOCEPHALUS

[noun]
egghead; a stupid person; an anti-intellectual epithet, directed at people considered too out-of-touch with ordinary people and too lacking in realism, common sense, virility, etc. on account of their intellectual interests.



SOPHOMANIA

[noun]
unrealistic belief in one’s own intelligence; delusion of superintelligence.



ILLITERATI

[plural noun]
1- Informal: illiterate or ignorant people.
2- Informal: people who are not well educated or well informed about a particular subject or sphere of activity.
3- Informal: people who take pride in ignorance and stupidity.
 
Good woman, I am humbled by your flattery and kind words, made all the more exceptional coming from one as well read as your good self. :rose:


tumblr_nmbohsPWm61r47bczo1_500.jpg

Gonna have this as my phone wallpaper. Oh and I so overuse 'gormless', a favourite word of mine, and a usual state I'm in. :D
 
tumblr_nx5syjNBop1ryvq99o1_500.gif




TAEDIUM VITAE

[noun]
Latin: weariness or loathing of life; a state of extreme ennui.



REPINE

[verb]
1- to express dejection; display of depression or lowness of spirits.
2- to be fretfully discontented; fret; complain.
3- to yearn after something.



TREPIDATION

[noun]
1- a state of alarm or dread; apprehension; tremulous fear; agitation.
2- an involuntary trembling or quivering; tremor.



COITAFLEM

[noun]
1- the shame of a rape victim.
2- fear and embarrassment due to having sexual intercourse.
 
tumblr_luucx0OKSo1r47bczo1_r1_500.jpg




TORTORON

[noun]
1- a person or thing that willingly suffers.
2- a person or thing that invites suffering.
3- a martyr.



GOBEMOUCHE

[noun]
literally, a fly swallower; hence, one who keeps his mouth open; a boor; a silly and credulous person. One who believes in any absurdity; gullible.



STULTIFY

[verb]
1- to make, or cause to appear, foolish or ridiculous.
2- to render absurdly or wholly futile or ineffectual, especially by degrading or frustrating means.
3- Law: to allege or prove (oneself or another) to be of unsound mind.



MUMCHANCE

[adjective]
1- mute, or not speaking; silent.

[noun]
2- a slient person; mute.
3- a silent, stupid person.
4- an old game of chance played with cards in silence.

[verb]
5- to be silent out of caution or stupidity.
6- masquerade.
 
tumblr_n3qybcvZa51s008oyo1_500.gif




JELA

[noun]
when a person feels their sense of joy grow; the increase of happiness.



RETROUVAILLES

[noun]
the happiness of meeting again after a long time.



CURVET

[adjective]
to leap; to leap about; frolic.



VERNALAGNIA

[noun]
1- a romantic mood inspired by Spring.
2- happiness brought about by Spring.
3- an increase in sexual desire which occurs in the Spring.



FELICIFIC

[adjective]
causing or tending to cause happiness.
 
LOLLYGAG [aka LALLYGAG]

[adjective]
1- to spend time doing things that are not useful or serious; to fool around and waste time.
2- to move slowly, fall behind; dawdle.

[noun]
3- an idler; a layabout; a person who habitually does little or no work.




Whilst on a beam reach in sunny skies amidst those lovely tropical trade winds, sailormen have been known to engage in skylarking and lollygagging.




 
PHLEBOTOMY

[noun]
the act or practice of opening a vein for letting blood as a therapeutic measure; venesection; bleeding.



This is a very poor definition of the word.


In modern usage, phlebotomy is the practice of drawing blood samples for the purpose of laboratory tests.





 
PHLEBOTOMY

[noun]
the act or practice of opening a vein for letting blood as a therapeutic measure; venesection; bleeding.




This is a very poor definition of the word.


In modern usage, phlebotomy is the practice of drawing blood samples for the purpose of laboratory tests.





VENESECTION

[noun]
another term for phlebotomy; the act or practice of opening a vein to let or draw blood as a therapeutic or diagnostic measure


:rose:
 
tumblr_m6i6qvDC821r47bczo1_500.jpg



PREOSCULATION

[noun]
the moment before a kiss.



BLISSOM

[verb]
to be lustful; to be lascivious; also, in heat; subject to or having strong sexual desires.



EPITHYMY

[noun]
desire; lust; vigorously passionate.



OSCULANT

[adjective]
1- pertaining to a close embrace or a long kiss.
2- closely adhering or joined; embracing.



PRURIENT

[adjective]
1- having, or inclined to have, or characterised by lascivious or lustful thoughts, desires, etc.
2- causing lasciviousness or lust.
3- having a restless desire or longing.
 
tumblr_mzl40iB1gl1r47bczo1_500.jpg




PNEUMA

[noun]
the soul or vital spirit; a person’s creative energy.



ENERVATE

[verb/adjective]
to deprive of force or strength; destroy the vigour of; weaken.



FOISON

[noun]
1- a very bountiful harvest; abundance; a plentiful supply or yield.
2- reserves of power; resources.
3- physical strength or power.



PROBITY

[noun]
integrity of character; complete and confirmed integrity; uprightness.
 
Don't use a big word when a singularly unloquacious and diminutive linguistic expression will satisfactorily accomplish the contemporary necessity.
 
Back
Top