Why Yahoo IM over KIK IM?

What IM do you like best?


  • Total voters
    44

army81male

Really Experienced
Joined
Feb 14, 2011
Posts
221
So why do you many like yahoo IM over KIK IM?

I like kik better. Seems a lot more private to me. I'm not impressed with either of them, but I see more people putting KIK down. So what's up?

Anyway my KIK IM name is brimmer555
Feel free to say hi.
 
Last edited:
I prefer kik since it is mobile and I can do it at my desk during the day or in bed at night. Don't want that popping up while one of my employees is looking at my screen and don't have room for a laptop next to bed. Plus I travel a lot and it is more convenient
 
I'm always using my phone to check the site. I almost never use a PC.

Kik doesn't give out any of your personnel stuff. Not you phone number or anything.

The only thing anyone can see on kik, is what you post for them to see.
 
I have used both but I like kik so much better. I find Yahoo to be laggy and pic and video transfers suck ass. The kik interface is so much better. Just like texting on a phone. Kik video rocks as well. It has good file compression and a 10 minute video is only 5 megs or so. Have you ever tried transferring large file through yahoo. It sucks. Always times out.
 
I've used Kik a bit, but prefer to use Yahoo Messenger (or Skype). They both work on virtually any device (though Yahoo doesn't work on the latest version of Mac OSX). If I am going to have a longer chat session with someone I prefer to do it on my laptop with a real keyboard. I also like that Yahoo and Skype support voice and video. Yahoo is a bit buggy, but the benefits still outweigh the negatives for my use cases. Frankly I'm not sure why features Kik has that Yahoo doesn't?

-Sean
 
Also, can someone explain what they mean by the privacy concerns with Yahoo? I've never had an issue with privacy.

-Sean
 
So it appears it has as much as anything to do with whether you prefer using your computer to chat or your phone. I like having a keyboard when I'm messaging. The time it takes to type out a message on the phone is bothersome to me in any long conversation.

I know we're heading in the opposite direction from my preference, though. Does Kik work with the Microsoft Surface? I have to replace my laptop eventually.
 
Kik or yahoo

Hello


I know my yahoo app always crashes and has to reset itself. It also does not save my chats but for only a few lines which may be a setting I have on but still. Recently downloaded kik and it has yet to crash or give me any problems plus when you are role playing it's nice that kik says ..."typing" so when role playing you can wait your turn until they post their response.

Mr. Wallace
 
Yahoo is unstable at best. I like kik because it's fast and simple. And yahoo eats my phones battery. :)
 
Never tried kik so Yahoo gets my vote.

I tend to stick to what I know, for that sort of thing anyway.
 
Back
Top