How to Spot a Real World Friend on Lit

That's why I have only posted one pic, I know a few friends that visit the site for the stories, not sure if any of them are on the forums though.
 
I haven't met anyone yet on Lit that I knew originally in real life.

I have fantasized a bit about it though...

While I don't have any trouble expressing my sexual side with select people I have met through Lit (including several that I eventually met in person), I somehow always come across as very proper and "nice" IRL. Or so I have been told.

So I sometimes fantasize about being able to relate in a sexually adventurous way with certain men from IRL with the same ease that I can with men I know through Lit. One plausible way that could happen would be if I learned that someone I knew I was attracted to IRL was also on Lit.

I don't think I would want that to happen, actually, but it is a device I can use in my insomnia-driven fantasies.

As an aside, I think all of the men from Lit with whom I have become close were connected to me on a certain social media network as 3rd degree connections. Of course, if the average person has 200 connections in that network, then that's a potential pool of 8 million, so it's not really a big deal. None of my Lit friends work in a field related to mine, and only one has lived in the same state as me. I think in reality it is very unlikely I will ever find out if anyone I know personally is on Lit. Unless they post photos.
 
Make it Cute!

Honestly, it could be a little "stalkery", but I think I can make it cute / romantic rather than creepy. Female protagonist, male interest, curiosity leading to need to know, knowing leading to approaching, approaching leading to tangled bed sheets.

I like tangled bed sheets! Let's see how good you are; let's see cute, romantic, and a little "stalkery" that has no "creepy" whatsoever in it. I like a female protagonist as your leading lady. I have to say, that this sounds a little familiar to me though. I think I may have recently read something very similar. Now, if I could just remember where!
 
As someone who was recently "discovered" by a now-former FB friend on a site similar to Lit, this thread kinda squicks me out now.
 
Asking as research for a possible story. Thanks for your indulgence.

There are actually plenty of reasonable options.

From a body picture with a tattoo that the other person knows due to beach time together to a "What's cooking good looking" picture with recognizable tableware and furniture or simple re-using of pictures here and on Facebook.

Slightly more creepy would be the infamous privacy leaks like the iPhone GPS data in images - which actually happens often and even to regulars here :D
 
Several years ago, through the magic of auto-complete in URLs, I discovered that my father visited the story side regularly. In his late 70s, I should add. :D
 
Several years ago, through the magic of auto-complete in URLs, I discovered that my father visited the story side regularly. In his late 70s, I should add. :D

So you're trying to say that the apple didn't fall far from the tree?
 
Several years ago, through the magic of auto-complete in URLs, I discovered that my father visited the story side regularly. In his late 70s, I should add. :D

Thus, lending credence to the saying, "The apple does not fall far from the tree." <smiles brightly>
It is good for his health; it keeps his mind active and his blood flowing.
 
Several years ago, through the magic of auto-complete in URLs, I discovered that my father visited the story side regularly. In his late 70s, I should add. :D

Thus, lending credence to the saying, "The apple does not fall far from the tree." <smiles brightly>
It is good for his health; it keeps his mind active and his blood flowing.

(Just after posting I noted Aphroditiac posted the same comment. She is not only beautiful, but apparently intelligent also. So, I'm leaving my post in good company.)
 
There are a few women here that I have made excellent friends with who I would give my left kidney to meet personally. Giving them hugs and being able to talk to them face to face would make my life!

I don't have any friends here who I want to sleep with. I'm okay with that, since I didn't come here to meet sex partners, just to socialize on the forums and run my beauty blog.
 
I like the "What's cooking" angle! It is usually something innocuous that trips people up. Forgetting thev have Mamma Bear on their phone, for instance.

So, now to see if I can write awkward and only a little stalkery...

And don't forget that the things written can be a give away too.
The What's cooking... thead is definitely one of those thread where you could recognize someone. The Isolated Blurt threads, Dear X are other examples.

Anecdotes that you tell a lot or just told people somewhere else than here, can be a dead giveaway.
 
The idea, as it stands now, is that my staker-ette will see a picture on the What's Cooking thread that shows a partial image of a very unusual piece of crockery, one she recognizes. This will launch the Lit-stalking and lead to the tangled sheets.

That's pretty damned plausible as I see it.
 
The idea, as it stands now, is that my staker-ette will see a picture on the What's Cooking thread that shows a partial image of a very unusual piece of crockery, one she recognizes. This will launch the Lit-stalking and lead to the tangled sheets.

Maybe a bit elaborate?
 
Back
Top