Zooming in and out of Lit forum pages

gunhilltrain

Multi-unit control
I know I somehow hit some keys that zoomed out Lit Forum pages - made the text look smaller. It doesn't seem to be happening on other sites opened in Windows, but it's pretty subtle. It had something to do with the keys on the left side of the keyboard. I'm a bit tech savvy, but obviously not by a huge amount. Is it a Lit procedure or a Windows one? Thank you!

Windows, not Lit.

More particularly, it was your browser.

See if [Control]-[0] resets it back to standard size. Or look on the View menu for Zoom or Text Size controls, and either reset it to 100%, or, use the Bigger/Smaller controls until it's back to the size you started with.

I know I somehow hit some keys that zoomed out Lit Forum pages - made the text look smaller. It doesn't seem to be happening on other sites opened in Windows, but it's pretty subtle. It had something to do with the keys on the left side of the keyboard. I'm a bit tech savvy, but obviously not by a huge amount. Is it a Lit procedure or a Windows one? Thank you!

I use the mouse wheel while holding down the [Ctrl]-key. In most browsers, the address bar then shows a little percentage number at the end that you'll want to get to 100%. If the number is bigger, you're zoomed in. If the number is smaller, you're zoomed out.

The trick @Britva415 mentioned, where you could try hitting [Ctrl][0], should work in that case as well. But you'll have to use the Zero-button that's above the letters. It won't work with the numbers block.

Windows, not Lit.

More particularly, it was your browser.

See if [Control]-[0] resets it back to standard size. Or look on the View menu for Zoom or Text Size controls, and either reset it to 100%, or, use the Bigger/Smaller controls until it's back to the size you started with.
Yes, thanks, control-zero seems to have worked. (I wonder how I went wrong in the first place, but never mind!)

I use the mouse wheel while holding down the [Ctrl]-key. In most browsers, the address bar then shows a little percentage number at the end that you'll want to get to 100%. If the number is bigger, you're zoomed in. If the number is smaller, you're zoomed out.

The trick @Britva415 mentioned, where you could try hitting [Ctrl][0], should work in that case as well. But you'll have to use the Zero-button that's above the letters. It won't work with the numbers block.
Yes, thanks, I have experimented with the mouse wheel. It might be useful in cases where I want to zoom in more.

Back