The Lady of Skye (closed)

"Sure," he grunted softly, rising and offering her his arm. He escorted her out to the loch once she was properly bundled up and he'd gotten his cloak. They made an interesting pair for certain as they walked along the shoveled path beside the great loch of Inverness. A giant brute of a King with too many battlescars to count and his huge claymore on his back, escorting a small, nearly flawless, gentle woman who was so much more open and kind to the people who'd only just recently accepted her as their queen as opposed to her husband's entire life as a prince and then king, and they were still wary of him.
 
Kitty was over the moon when Tamblin agreed to walk with her to the loch. She was still agile despite the fact that she was approaching the end of her pregnancy. They talked of nothing in particular as they walked. She took the time to stop and talk to everyone that approached, asking them about their families and how they were fairing that winter. She accepted a few gifts along the way from people who had remembered her birthday.

"We should have brought Durban with us. It's not so cold today as it has been." She commented, looking up at her husband with a grin. "He loves playing in the snow. The other day Ashelin gave him a stick from an oak tree and he pretended to fight a snowman."

Durban was her pride and joy, something that she shared with Tamblin. He was all of the good things about the both of them rolled into a pint sized package.
 
That made Tamblin smile, hearing his son was already trying to be a bold fighter, and Kitty even got a deep chuckle out of him. His son's antics always did wonders for his usually-dark or brooding moods. "Good lad..." he muttered to no one in particular, drawing Kitty closer to his side. "I 'aven't ever told ya, but yer a lovely mother, Kitty. Durban couldn' ask fer better." Many people told her that he'd chosen her because she was so much like his own mother, and he'd wanted his children to have a good caretaker like he'd had. He was incredibly determined to be a better father than his own, but he couldn't imagine a better mother than he'd had, except, it seemed, for Kitty.
 
"And he has a good father." She said, looking up at her husband with a smile. "A good, hardworking man that I have become very fond of in my time in Inverness."

Kitty gave him a smile, her hands reaching up to pull him down into a rare kiss. She couldn't remember the last time Tamblin had kissed her outside their private rooms save for when they were wed. Hen thei lips met, it felt like a small triumph for Kitty.
 
Tamblin was a bit surprised and at first very stiff when she kissed him, but he slowly relaxed, drawing her in closer and welcoming her. It wasn't that Tamblin didn't want to love, he just considered it of far less importance than the state of his lands. That unfortunately was why he never stayed in bed with Kitty in the morning, and why he would miss meals here and there and forget promises to her and why it was such a surprise he'd spent the time to find out when her birthday was, much less get her such a rare gift.

When their lips parted, Tamblin showed her a rare affection as he let his forehead rest against her own and he met her eyes. Even if his own were usually dark and cold, she could see he was trying to warm up a bit for her sake.
 
Kitty let out a sigh as Tamblin finished their kiss by pressing his forehead against her own. She looked into his dark gaze for a long moment before she spoke again.

"Are there no pressing issues that will take you away from our dinner this evening?" She asked in a soft tone that was full of hope as she braced for disappointment.

If he cancelled on her as he had so many times in the past, she would simply eat with Durban. He filled her lonely hours when Tamblin wasn't there.
 
"I told Warwick t'leave us be unless an emergency came up," Tamblin assured her softly, an 'emergency' being an attack, which was entirely unlikely as no reports had come from any direction of any opposing armies. He took her hand, lifting it to press a kiss to her knuckles.

That evening as the servants set up a little dining table and laid the food out for them, Tamblin laid aside his claymore and cloak before giving Durban over to Ashelin as he and Kitty had spent some time together alone with their son before dinner. Once the two were left alone, Tamblin pulled out Kitty's chair for her and, once she was seated, he sat across from her with a sigh that told her he was beginning to relax.
 
Kitty smiled as Tamblin pulled out her chair for her, helping her to sit before he took his own with a deep sigh. She reached for her glass of wine, holding it in front of herself for a toast.

"To you, my lord. The hardest working man that I know. I hope that your rule is long and fruitful." Kitty said.

She never thought of herself before others. She would give the highest praise to everyone around her, including her husband.
 
"An' t'you, lass. Th'finest wife a man could ask for, an' th'best mother 'is son could want," he returned softly, their glasses ringing quietly as they touched. Dinner ended up being rather quiet, but it was certainly a welcome change from how Tamblin usually spent all of dinner talking with his warriors about their defenses as if he was expecting an attack at any moment. It was no secret that Tamblin didn't trust any of the other lords, especially not two in particular, being King Lochlan of Wick and King Brian of Edinburgh, the High King of Scotland.
 
Kitty smiled as he returned the toast, his glass clinking against her own as their dinner turned into a quiet affair. She glanced at him every so often as they shared her birthday in good company. It was when the meal was almost finished that she brought her napkin to her lips and looked at her husband for a long moment.

"I received a letter from Marianne the other day. She has invited us to go to Edinburgh when the snow ends. I think she and Brian would like to meet with us on our plans for the future of Inverness." She said softly, knowing that the high king of Scotland was a sore subject for her husband.
 
"Hm..." Was his grunted answer. "We'll see. I want t'focus on gettin' my people through winter before I e'en think o' dealin' with those two. I'll 'ave Warwick send 'em a letter tomorrow." But his tone alone told Kitty that he didn't want to ruin a fair mood with talk of Brian. He liked Marianne, but he and Brian were lifelong rivals.
 
Kitty pursed her lips together at her husband's harsh response. She adored Marianne and had been friends with the woman for years. She had never heard the full story of why her husband disliked Brian, but she never had the courage to ask him about it. Instead, they were at a stalemate that wouldn't be broken any time soon.

"Thank you for my shell and my birthday dinner, Tamblin. It meant a lot to me." She said softly, something to break the silence that was stretching between them.
 
"If y'should thank anyone, it should be Warwick. 'E made it all possible," Tamblin told her softly, quickly forgetting about Brian. He often deflected such compliments to Warwick because the scholar was literally the main cog of the smooth machine running Inverness. Tamblin gave a command, and Warwick knew everyone to talk to in order to get it all done the fastest, and he had such a wide skill set that if there was a missing element, he'd fill it in himself and work late into the night. He was a mental powerhouse. Kitty didn't know much about his personal life because he didn't really have much of one, but he could be sweet when he wasn't overly serious like Tamblin.
 
"So, you're saying that if I want more time with my husband, I should speak to Warwick?" Kitty teased him with a smile on her lips as she tried to make the great Tamblin Ghis laugh. "And if I wanted to take my husband to bed for our son is returned, would I need to speak to Warwick too?"
 
Tamblin did indeed laugh, especially because as absurd as the idea sounded, it was probably true some days. "No, lovely, y'can 'ave me whene'er you want. All y'have t'do is ask." He'd never offered her such a thing before, but she could see he meant it as his eyes, dark as they were, sparkled merrily in good humor. He rose from his seat, coming to take her hands and stand her up as well. "I can 'ave Ashelin keep Durban t'night if y'like, darlin'..." he offered softly as he spun with her in a slow waltz to silent music. Apparently she'd struck just the right chord with him as he was so willing to have her keep him to herself.
 
Kitty was speechless as her husband's walls suddenly crumbled and she was swept into his arms with an offer to be with him all night. Even in the early days of their marriage, he had never offered her such things. She smiled as he spun her around gently in a slow waltz. Who knew that she had found the right way to enter Tamblin Ghis's heart.

"I would like that...love." She ventured softly, looking up into his dark eyes as she sought to just be closer with him.
 
They spun in slow circles until Tamblin's hand rose from her own to cup her cheek tenderly. Even though he wasn't quite sure of himself in romance, he tried. He pressed his lips to her own and the hand that lay on her waist slid to the small of her back. He welcomed her close as she liked, his solid arms encircling her in a gentle embrace. In his head, he wondered what had suddenly driven him to softness.
 
Kitty let out a soft sigh as her husband embraced her tenderly, kissing her like she were the love of his life. She melted against his body, her form fitting so perfectly against his as his broad hands spread across the small of her back. She had never known Tamblin to be so loving and kind. It was certainly something that she could get use to.
 
When their lips parted, Tamblin met her eyes and he drew her from the open floor of their chambers to their large bed. She knew his ways in bed well as he'd taken her as he wished throughout their marriage thus far. He was a bit rough unless she asked him to be gentle, though he'd consciously made an effort to take it easy on her while she was pregnant. He drew her in close again, his fingers expertly unbinding the laces at the back of her dress. They were a bit loose so to keep her comfortable, and he made short work of them and laid her dress aside.
 
Kitty whimpered as Tamblin pulled her into their room, undressing her as she thought about how he was in bed. She was already hopelessly wet by the time he cast her gown aside. Turning her head, she captured her husband's lips as his broad hands skimmed over her curves through her fine undergarments. As they settled on her swollen breasts, she nearly melted.

"Tamblin." She said his name in a needy way that she'd never uttered before. She wanted her husband in that very moment.
 
All she'd had to do was utter his name in that particular way, and she caught him up in lust. He rid her of her underclothes in seconds and tossed aside his tunic and boots with them. Laying her across their bed, he knelt over her and planted his hands on either side of her as he kissed hungrily at her shoulders and throat. He was hard as stone and she felt it as he pressed his hips tightly into her own, but the fabric of his trousers still separated them.
 
Kitty moaned softly as he rid her of her clothing in seconds, leaving her lying beneath him in nothing but her new shell necklace. She shivered at the force of his kisses across her shoulders and throat, his lips seeming to try and devour her whole. His hard cock pressing down against her was a welcome sensation, even if he were simply teasing her by keeping his trousers on. Tamblin Ghis was just as passionate in bed as he was on the battlefield. She supposed that to him a conquest was a conquest.
 
Tamblin didn't make her wait too long- it was her birthday after all- before her unbuttoned his trousers and took hold of her hips. He was large, and Kitty had been just barely able to stand him at first. Even now, it was a little overwhelming but he knew to start slow for her especially when she was pregnant. His thrusts began in a slow and deep rhythm and he was silent as he focused on her.
 
"'Oh..." She gasped out as his large hands circled her hips, holding her in place as he started to press himself into her wet entrance.

"Tamblin...love..." She whimpered, looking into his intense gaze as he took his time and helped her get use to his large member.

"Yes..." She hissed out as he finally pressed his hips firmly against her own, seating himself within her body in a way that made her dizzy with pleasure. "Wait. Just give me a moment."

That moment stretched deliciously onward as she clenched her wet walls around his cock, her body becoming use to the feel of his own.
 
Tamblin leaned down once more as she took a moment to come to grips with his pleasurable assault on her body, pressing a heated kiss just beneath her ear. Just as she was ready, he set his pace in the not-too-slow but driving rhythm like a steady heartbeat. It took a lot to get him worked up and his heart racing, and even just then, he was still calm despite his lust for her.
 
Back
Top