Are Joe Biden's presidential hopes dead?

Then:

Six days before he withdrew from the 1987-88 presidential race, then-Sen. Joe Biden (D-Del.), who was chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, confessed that he had plagiarized a paper in law school, as the Washington Post reported at the time with the headline, "Biden Admits Plagiarizing in Law School."

At the time, Senator Biden was also facing numerous other allegations of plagiarism, including lifting passages from British Labor leader Neil Kinnock, Robert F. Kennedy, Hubert Humphrey, and even John F. Kennedy. Biden also misrepresented his standing in law school, claiming that he had graduated in the "top half" of his class when he actually was ranked 76 out of 85.​

M.W. Chapman, Flashback: 'Biden Admits Plagiarizing in Law School,' 'Academic Claims Inaccurate', CNSNews (May 20, 2019).

Now:

Former Vice President Joe Biden found himself in hot water after portions of his new proposal on climate change were found to be near-copies of the language used by a nonprofit group.

As IJR reported earlier, Biden revealed his $5 trillion climate plan early Tuesday morning, announcing his goal to have the U.S. economy be fueled by 100 percent clean energy with net-zero carbon emissions.

It didn’t take long before examples of language that Biden used were drawn into question. Josh Nelson, the vice president of CREDO Mobile, was the first Twitter user to highlight the striking comparisons....

After Nelson highlighted the similarities, several other examples were uncovered. The Daily Caller News Foundation found three additional examples of suspiciously similar language in Biden’s plan from reports from Vox, American Rivers, and Climate.gov.

On Twitter, several people noted that this would not be the first time Biden has been caught plagiarizing. In fact, plagiarism was one of the key factors in sinking his first presidential bid....

In a statement to Business Insider, Biden’s team said the lack of citations was inadvertent.​

M. Dibble, Biden Faces Criticism After Climate Plan Mirrors Language From Nonprofit, Draws Accusations of Plagiarism, IJR (Jun. 4, 2019).
 
YDB95 writes: "But the fact remains, Obama tried."

Obama tried & failed... miserably.

His 2009 ACA was deeply flawed legislation passed on dishonest promises & outright lies. The American people saw it as EXACTLY what it was, and less than a year later Obama's Democratic Party lost a whopping 63-House & 6-Senate seats in the 2010 elections, and that's NOT including the loss of Ted Kennedy's seat in ultra-liberal Massachusetts that happened in a special election held earlier that same year!

"And you're probably right - he knew he could pass it with no Republican votes, which is what had to be done in the end because they wouldn't give an inch on anything. That's not Obama's fault, or any other progressive's fault."

The complete destruction of the Democratic Party's legislative power following the passage of ObamaCare will be one of the THREE things best remembered about Barack's eight years in office - with the other two being the $10-trillion he added to America's debt, and that stupid presidential executive order he signed allowing transgendered guys into the girls' locker room at school!
 
Which Of Hillary Clinton's Diseases Is Joe Biden Dying From Today?

Democrats are so desperate to defeat Donald Trump next year they think a good, dependable, non-offensive "moderate" is the way to go. Howard Schultz has vanished from the face of the Earth, so that leaves Joe Biden as the best choice to appeal to the "good" Republicans who are ambivalent about a criminal in the White House. If there's anything we can all agree on, regardless of politics, is that we all want the 1990s back.

Fox News, which is known for its intellectual honesty, really talked up Biden's crossover appeal earlier this year. Kennedy Montgomery and her co-hosts on the show "Outnumbered" just gushed over Barack Obama's BFF.

That number, by the way, is 76, and Republicans are suddenly realizing, now that Biden's actually declared his candidacy, that the former vice president is old as fuck. Maybe he's dying. Maybe he's dead already. We can't go around electing dead people. This isn't Chicago. Montgomery expressed her newfound concerns a few weeks ago through a tortured boxing metaphor on Fox's "The Five."

MONTGOMERY: [Biden's] not Floyd Mayweather. He's much more like Hillary Clinton.

You guys literally said he wasn't like Clinton in January, but whatever, please proceed.

MONTGOMERY: If you talk to Democrats who are working for different campaigns, all of the aggressive gossip whisperers—and this is where the action is happening in terms of opposition research—it's people having a few drinks at a bar and whispering, "You know there is something wrong with the former vice president."

Advanced age can mean wisdom, or dementia,:eek:
 
When Joe Biden announced last month, he became the instant Democratic front-runner, based on his stature and huge name ID....

But there are already signs that Biden’s previous shortcomings as a candidate are returning. And the public is noticing....

Biden, a staunch Catholic, had supported the Hyde amendment for more than three decades, but within 48 hours of being attacked for his stance by his opponents, he flip-flopped on the issue....

David Axelrod, the chief strategist behind Obama’s 2008 victory, told CNN that the furor over Biden’s flip-flop on the Hyde amendment “raises questions about his own performance and his own steadiness and his campaign’s performance.”

Then Axelrod articulated publicly what many Democrats are worrying about privately: that Biden may not be a candidate who can be counted on to avoid acting impulsively, to avoid gaffes such as excessive touching or blurting out distracting comments....

Democratic strategists also know that Biden has other vulnerabilities that, while they may not be brought up by his party rivals, will certainly be used by Republicans should he be the Democratic nominee.

Peter Schweizer, president of the Government Accountability Institute, has published extensive documentation that Biden’s son, Hunter, forged lucrative financial relationships with the state-owned Bank of China and Ukrainian energy firm Burisma Holdings after his father visited both countries as vice president.

“Why were these foreign governments and these foreign corrupt oligarchs stuffing money into Hunter Biden’s pocket?” Schweizer asked in a recent Sirius radio interview. “That’s why I have called for Hunter Biden to testify before a Senate committee.”​

J. Fund, Biden’s Abortion Flip-Flop Reveals His Weaknesses, National Review (Jun. 9, 2019).
 
DawnODay's post says: "But there are already signs that Biden’s previous shortcomings as a candidate are returning. And the public is noticing..."

This is the THIRD time that Joe Biden has announced his candidacy for the Democratic Party's presidential nomination, and the first two BOTH ended in disaster! Way back on June 9th in 1987, Delaware U.S. Senator Joe Biden FIRST declared his candidacy for the presidency, seeking his party's 1988 nomination, but he withdrew from the race on September 23, 1987. His campaign didn't even make it past four months!

But then, twenty years later, he decided to try again, announcing his candidacy for the 2008 Democratic Party nomination on January 31, 2007. This time, his campaign almost survived an entire year, with Biden dropping out the the race on January 3, 2008.

On April 25, 2019 - Biden announced his THIRD run for the Democratic Party's nomination, only THIS time he's no longer just a U.S. Senator from a small state, but a FORMER U.S. Vice President (just like Walter Mondale* was in 1984)! Joe is STILL a terrible candidate, only NOW he's got his hands on the levers of power within his own party (just as Hillary Clinton* did in 2016!)

* Historical note: Walter Mondale got landslided REALLY BADLY in '84, while Mrs. Clinton suffered an historic upset defeat to Donald Trump in '16!
 
The scandals of the Obama-Biden administration have been well-documented, but also well-covered-up by the media. They refused to give the scandals of the Obama-Biden administration the coverage they deserved when they happened, and they refused to challenge Obama when he repeatedly made claims of having a scandal-free administration and they certainly aren't going to challenge Biden echoing those same claims. I will, however, because unfortunately, too many people believe the myth of the scandal-free presidency of Barack Obama. So, here are just ten scandals of the Obama-Administration that Sleepy Joe is apparently proud of.

10. New Black Panther Party Scandal Scandal....
9. Walpin-Gate AmeriCorps Firing Scandal....
8. The Green Energy Loans Scandal....
7. The Secret Service Prostitution Scandal....
6. Iran Ransom Scandal....
5. Fast & Furious Scandal....
4. The Benghazi attack cover-up....
3. The IRS Scandal....
2. The Veterans Health Administration Scandal....
1. The Trump Spying Scandal....​

M. Margolis, Biden Claims There Wasn’t A ‘Hint of a Scandal’ During the Obama-Biden Administration, Here are Ten, PJ Media (Jun. 12, 2019).
 
Former VP and 2020 Democratic primary frontrunner Joe Biden has once again sparked an age-old debate....

Indeed, he claimed Obama’s administration was lie-and-scandal-free....

So, for those who need some clarification on whether Obama lied or had any scandals (he did) and what they were, here’s a short list for you.

1. “If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor”....
2. Fast and Furious....
3. Blamed Most of His Budget Deficit on George Bush....
4. Benghazi....
5. He Promised to Bring American Troops Home....​

E. Shaffer, Here Ya Go, Joe: Top 5 Obama Lies and Scandals, MRCtv (Jun. 13, 2019).
 
DawnODay writes: "Indeed, he claimed Obama’s administration was lie-and-scandal-free..."

"Gropin' Joe" Biden has ALWAYS been an embarrassment to his own Democratic Party! He's also been a terrible candidate everytime he's officially run for his party's nomination! When he first ran in '88 his campaign didn't even make it past four months, while in '08 he was forced to drop out immediately following his terrible showing at the Iowa caucuses. But he's currently the front-runner - at least for now!

Can you imagine how DIFFCULT it's going to be for liberal women's organizations to consider the possibility that Mr. "Smell-Your-Hair" will be their candidate in 2020? Right now, they're hoping-against-hope that Liz or Kamala can overtake him in the polls, but that's probably not going to happen. The Me, Too movement's going to be forced to endorse the candidate of "Grope & Change," and the rank & file is NOT going to like it!

Maybe Biden can get Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford to agree to be his running-mate? And then Hillary Clinton & Michelle Obama can both join him on the campaign trail, alongside Hollywood actor Jussie Smollett & U.S. military deserter Bowe Bergdahl?
 
Perhaps he should be questioned about his position on Drone Bombing American Citizens?

Or liberating Libya.

Or sending more money down the Afghan Rat hole?
 
57000746_378560209444122_1674222876691005440_n.jpg
 
I was just looking at the latest Democratic Party presidential polling, as is updated daily on the RealClearPolitics.com web-site, where they average-out all of the national polls. Joe Biden currently remains on top, but both he & Bernie are getting weaker fast!

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ - (The RealClearPolitics.com web-site)

27.2 - Joe Biden - only a month ago the former V.P. was in the mid-30's %-tile range!

14.8 - Bernie Sanders - the socialist U.S. Senator from Vermont is falling fast!

14.7 - Kamala Harris - the neo-socialist U.S. Senator from California has moved up into 3rd-place!

13.5 - Elizabeth Warren - the neo-socialist U.S. Senator from Massachusetts drops down into 4th-place!

5.3 - Pete Buttigieg - the mayor from South Bend, Indiana remains in single-digits.

2.3 - Robert "Beto" O'Rourke - it's all over, Beto! - you might as well hang it up, as you're now tied with Cory Booker for 6th!

2.3 - Cory Booker - the junior U.S. Senator from New Jersey ALSO appears to be going nowhere fast!

Which leaves the remaining seventeen Democratic Party presidential candidates fighting over the remaining 25.2% of their party's support.
 
he is everything the left supports

Rich, white, old, white, did I say white, privileged, entitled, rich
 
I am not surprised that the Republican Hate Machine is going after Joe Biden. He is the Democratic candidate most likely to defeat Trump.
 
The Trouvere writes: "I am not surprised that the Republican Hate Machine is going after Joe Biden. He is the Democratic candidate most likely to defeat Trump."

Joe Biden is a FORMER vice president. The LAST time the Democratic Party nominated a former V.P. as its presidential candidate was way back in 1984, when Walter Mondale was chosen as that party's hope to unseat incumbent Republican president Ronald Reagan - (it didn't end well!)

1984 Presidential Race final results:

54,455,472 - 58.77% ... Ronald Reagan (Republican) ... 525 electoral votes
37,577,352 - 40.56% ... Walter Mondale (Democrat) ..... 13 electoral votes

That race remains one of the BIGGEST landslide losses in U.S. history. Mondale carried only his own home state of Minnesota and the District of Columbia!

https://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/ - (Dave Leip's Atlas of U.S. Presidential Elections) - you can look up ANY presidential election results on this site!

Now, in the interest of fairness, the last time the Republicans nominated a FORMER vice president to be their party's presidential candidate was in 1968 with Richard Nixon, who very narrowly defeated the CURRENT vice-president (Hubert Humphrey!)

The last time the Democrats nominated a CURRENT vice-president was Al Gore in 2000, who very narrowly lost that election to George W. Bush, despite his winning the popular vote (like Hillary Clinton did in 2016!) The last time the Republicans nominated a CURRENT vice-president was George W. Bush's FATHER in 1988, who easily defeated Massachusetts Democrat Governor Michael Dukakis!
 
Todays Poll #'s

ABC/WaPo

Biden 30,
Sanders 19,
Harris 13,
Warren 12,
Buttigieg 4,
O'Rourke 2,
Booker 1,
Castro 3,
Gabbard 1,
Yang 0,
Klobuchar 2,
Bennet 1,
Gillibrand 0

Economist/YouGov
Biden 23,
Sanders 9,
Harris 15,
Warren 19,
Buttigieg 8,
O'Rourke 2,
Booker 2,
Castro 1,
Gabbard 1,
Yang 1,
Klobuchar 0,
Bennet 1,
Gillibrand 1
 
JayCuck writes: "Botox Biden is history. Dead Man Walking. Polls don't mean anything right now."

You could be right, Jay. Less than a month ago "Gropin' Joe" had a solid lead in the polls with 33.5% of Democrats supporting his candidacy - today that number is down to 26% and continuing to fall! His one claim to fame remains that he was Barack's running-mate, but even Obama isn't helping him out any in his time of need!

Kamala has just moved up to 2nd-place in the RealClearPolitics national polling averages - she's currently got 15.2% of the party's support, with Bernie Sanders dropping down into 3rd-place with 14%... Liz Warren's in 4th with 13.8... Buttigieg is in 5th at 5.2... Beto's next at 2.4... Cory Booker is holding steady at 2.2... with the rest of the pack holding on at one-percent or less.

The common thinking seems to be that the opening-round of Democrat debates HURT the two old white guys (Bernie & Biden) while benefitting Kamala & Liz. The reason that I believe that Joe win the nomination despite his flaws is that all of the other candidates (including Harris & Warren) are all so much WORSE! Biden is the closest thing there is to a normal Democrat running, which says a LOT as to how much that party has fallen!
 
The reason that I believe that Joe win the nomination despite his flaws is that all of the other candidates (including Harris & Warren) are all so much WORSE! Biden is the closest thing there is to a normal Democrat running, which says a LOT as to how much that party has fallen!

Here we go again...if you want to understand what the supporters of a given party are going to do, I for one do not put a lot of stock in the words of people who hate that party. Just sayin'.
 
YDB95 writes: "Here we go again...if you want to understand what the supporters of a given party are going to do, I for one do not put a lot of stock in the words of people who hate that party. Just sayin'."

Okay, YDB95 - fair enough - I believe that the Democratic Party is currently imploding with a bunch of LOSER candidates, while you disagree!

But seriously, when JOE BIDEN continues to lead in ALL of your party's polling, that just LOOKS BAD! It says that the current Democratic Party is scraping the bottom-of-the-barrel for its presidential candidates! And yet, as awful a candidate as Biden is, none of the others are any better!

I can fully understand today why Vice President Biden didn't challenge Hillary for the nomination in 2016 - she'd have mopped the floor with him! Kamala successfully painted Joe as a segregationist Democrat from the 1960's! "I was that little girl," she claimed, when talking about bussing! I loved how Kamala tried to portray herself as a black child growing up in the ghetto, with the MSNBC debate moderators allowing her to do so!

If "Gropin' Joe" struggles against the likes of Kamala, Pete Buttigieg, Cory Booker, & Liz Warren - imagine what President Trump is going to do to him! And there's NO WAY that Bernie's supporters are going to meekly sit back and watch as their candidate gets dumped-on once again by the Democratic Party's selection process! The beneficiary in all of this is CLEARLY going to be President Trump!
 

Trump snaps at ‘Sleepy Joe Biden’ after new poll shows president trailing him by 10 points


Donald Trump launched a new attack on former Vice President Joe Biden on Sunday just hours after a new poll showed the president was trailing Biden by 10 points in a possible 2020 match-up.

Trump’s tweet followed reporting that Biden has 53 percent support in the Washington Post/ABC News poll, compared to Trump’s 43 percent. Just 3 percent are undecided.

Same poll shows Trump Losing to:

Harris 48, Trump 46

Sanders 49, Trump 48

Warren 48, Trump 48

Buttigieg 47, Trump 47

Loooooser!:D
 
JackLuis writes: "...after new poll shows president trailing him by 10 points"

I understand your enthusiasm, Jack, but there's no way in hell Joe Biden's going to defeat President Trump in 2020! Way back in 1983, polls showed former Vice President Walter Mondale holding a double-digit lead over President Reagan, but when November of '84 arrived, it was Reagan clobbering the former V.P. by a margin of 58.77 to 40.56% in the popular vote (while in the electoral college, it was 525-13!)

Right now, Joe's star is falling within Democratic Party ranks, as the fringe-left has shown that it wants nothing to do with him, and will NOT get behind his candidacy should he secure the nomination. Bernie's people already got burned once by the party leadership, and won't stand for it a second time. And I can't see Kamala or Liz Warren's supporters getting behind him, either! Joe Biden is looking at a repeat of what happened to V.P. Mondale.
 
Back
Top