adultery protected by magic/voodoo

sassysasha89

Really Really Experienced
Many spouses say that if they knew that they would never get caught especially by their spouse, they would sleep with other people. What if they found a spell that guaranteed that any and all adulterous acts (consensual) would never come to light as they were committing them during a certain amount of time and also after the act & the time period was done? (They can still get caught by other people but it wouldn't get to their spouse)

Ex: A devoted military wife of 18/20 years is finding some independence by going back to her line of work before marriage (for example, nursing) There she finds herself slowly surrounded by temptation of infidelity like never before and isn't sure she can resist it or if she wants to. By chance, she runs into a voodoo priestess who mentioned that she could guarantee a spell/enchantment where she could fuck other men without discovery from her husband, her family & friends or anyone in the military who could tell on her or influence her husband's career negatively. If people did see her, they would compelled by some reason or another not to tell usually by a sexual nature such as they want a piece of her, they were adulterers as well, etc. She pays the voodoo lady for the spell to last a year.

Many spouses say that if they knew that they would never get caught especially by their spouse, they would sleep with other people. What if they found a spell that guaranteed that any and all adulterous acts (consensual) would never come to light as they were committing them during a certain amount of time and also after the act & the time period was done? (They can still get caught by other people but it wouldn't get to their spouse)

Ex: A devoted military wife of 18/20 years is finding some independence by going back to her line of work before marriage (for example, nursing) There she finds herself slowly surrounded by temptation of infidelity like never before and isn't sure she can resist it or if she wants to. By chance, she runs into a voodoo priestess who mentioned that she could guarantee a spell/enchantment where she could fuck other men without discovery from her husband, her family & friends or anyone in the military who could tell on her or influence her husband's career negatively. If people did see her, they would compelled by some reason or another not to tell usually by a sexual nature such as they want a piece of her, they were adulterers as well, etc. She pays the voodoo lady for the spell to last a year.
An intriguing premise. Perhaps her lover is the one responsible for introducing her to the voodoo practitioner in question? He could be a member of the Afro-Caribbean diaspora residing in the States.

She pays the voodoo lady for the spell to last a year.
Alas, because she somehow wronged the voodoo queen in the past, the spell expires explosively -- all those who previously were blanked or silenced by the spell suddenly remember everything and don't hesitate to speak and accuse. Call it BtB karma, hey?

It's a scientist working in a time-travel lab. As soon as they get the first prototype to work, he sneaks in at night and projects himself 100 years into the future. There he woos and fucks all the comely lasses he wants (and you just know they will all be wanton whores in the future) knowing that the news will never get back to his wife.

Until, of course, one of his colleagues, who is friends with his wife, bumps into him at a future location while there on a similar mission.

Until, of course, one of his colleagues, who is friends with his wife, bumps into him at a future location while there on a similar mission.
Or he stops at a strip club and finds his wife dancing nude on the stage.

That's why he goes 100 years into the future. He wants to be sure everyone he knows is already dead.
I'm wary of jumping ahead a century. A 1717-1817 jump wouldn't be too disconcerting. An 1817-1917 jump would be frightening. A 1917-2017 jump delivers insanity. But a 2017-2117 jump could push past The Singularity. Humanity may no longer exist on this planet, or the survivors may be super- or soggy-brains. They'll certainly be different.

An intriguing premise. Perhaps her lover is the one responsible for introducing her to the voodoo practitioner in question? He could be a member of the Afro-Caribbean diaspora residing in the States.

Sure. Whatever you want if you wanna write it.
Me, I was inspired by a character from a TV show (no magic) called Army Wives. She went from a good daughter to good wife & mother with little space in between to know herself.
She wondered into a place while riding her bike (motorcycle) and met a visiting relative of an Army wife who practiced voodoo and got to talking.

i think it would be hotter for someone to use magic to control someone else and make them their sex slave. It could be either a woman or man in control.

I'm wary of jumping ahead a century. A 1717-1817 jump wouldn't be too disconcerting. An 1817-1917 jump would be frightening. A 1917-2017 jump delivers insanity. But a 2017-2117 jump could push past The Singularity. Humanity may no longer exist on this planet, or the survivors may be super- or soggy-brains. They'll certainly be different.

I strongly disagree. Such thinking had same merit and still was ridiculous exaggeration if we would speak about hurling random redneck hundred years forward, but we talk about a top scientist. 1840-1940 would be probably harsh because you arrive from end-of-history everything-is-discovered mentality to electricity, combustion engines, airplanes, rockets, radars, and digital computing, and significant changes throughout society including rampant urbanisation, but 1924-2024 for a top scientist would be literally "dude, where is my flying car?" level of disappointment, with the only mild mind blow how telegraph evolved into Internet, but otherwise world had seemingly not changed at all on the surface social level. (Even telephone and video was already there as was computation theory including Turing test.)

Now, 2017-2117 could indeed be both. One can arrive in world stuck in long now that barely even differ despite ever better gadgets almost nobody use to their full potential. Or, there indeed might be 'alien' future where, for example, almost nobody leaves home ever, spending most of time in virtual reality, tightly controlled by true AI usurping role of God. But for the sake of a story it is easy to assume the mildest variety and just glance over the technological marvels designed to be increasingly less obtrusive to the level of unnoticeable despite bordering on magic.

Last edited:
Alas, because she somehow wronged the voodoo queen in the past, the spell expires explosively -- all those who previously were blanked or silenced by the spell suddenly remember everything and don't hesitate to speak and accuse. Call it BtB karma, hey?

This. The spell could make anyone concerned to become virtually blind to partner's infidelity even if it is committed right next to them, they just would explain it away as something else. Until the spell expires or is recalled, and anyone affected regain ability to analyse their memories rationally.

magic or voodoo

I like this idea but we don't have to limit to only voodoo, there are other types of magic such a s gypsy or wicken that could use spells or trinkets like a pendent and as long as the spell or pendent is active the they can do what they want and never worry about the spouse finding out. like wise we can do the scientific route and go experimental medication, tech, or augmentation that allows you to change who you are or how others persevere you and which allows you to live a double life where you can be single and have sex with whoever you want and them when it wears off you revert back and live your married life,

As far as the army wife returning to nursing and meeting a voodoo priestess we can go with her meeting the priestess at work because the priestess brings in some one who is sick or hurt and she helps her which makes the priestess want to repay her and when she sees how the wife is tempted by the people at work she offers her the spell or item. this way we can play out the story as long as we want and the voodoo only needs to be paid or recast if we want the story to continue.

I strongly disagree.
Thus we agree to disagree. But change has accelerated exponentially. The 1917-2017 changes are much more profound than any centuries earlier, and the next century will be unrecognizable culturally and technologically.

And such change needn't take so long. One of my fave examples: an air-to-air missile from 1965 appears in 1935. The missile employs lasers, semiconductors, microwaves and radars, other techs that did not exist and whose components could not even be recognized a generation before. It looks like an alien artifact.

Not only tech. The worlds of 1917 and 2017 are organized along different lines. The previous century had seen tumultuous change. Our next century will be more so. Corporate nations; gender fluidity; flash genocides. Yow.

And as we are flipped into the crazy future, or current skills become yet more irrelevant to a past existence. I'd need training to even work on great-grand-dad's farm -- my electronic and software engineering credentials won't be worth much. I'd be stifled if I went back. Gramps would go nutz if he came here.

The past is a different world. The future is a different universe.

Back