What happens in the apocalypse...(CLOSED)

I began to search with Sam and found a couple of items of use in one of the lawyers desk a couple of knifes in another drawer and one bottle of rum I then found a pair of keys and looked over toward Sam right when she said "Oh fuck! Castiel! We've um...we've got a tank incoming.." I was smiling wait I said aloud the military is here I then hear the front doors to the building break open and zombies started to pour in with a huge zombie right in the middle of them I looked toward Sam and said "Run." and grabbed the items and began to run toward the back of the building I grabbed my 9mm and began to shoot the zombies that were going for me.
 
I noticed he ran towards the front of the building. "Cass, no!" I said but it was too late. The Tank burst through, numerous zombies coming through the glass. The sound of glass shattering and an all too familiar roar from the mutated zombie. I grabbed hold of Cass and ran out the back. The building was starting to fall apart from the Tank taking the place apart, knocking out walls and screaming with its strength.

I began breaking into cars and trucks, reaching under the dash to pull out the wiring, trying to hotwire the vehicles. The only one that started up was a Ford F350. "Cass, come on! I got one started.." It was a good vehicle too. We could let it idle if we needed to on diesel. I jumped in the driver seat and waited for him to hop in before we drove off, the Tank closing in behind us, knocking cars into the air before they were to fall back down to Earth, imploding.

~{Tank's looks}~
 
I got pulled by Sam and dragged toward the back of the building I looked back and watched the Tank start destroying the building all around us I placed the 9mm back in the holster and pulled the shot gun from my back and started to blast at the nearby zombies I watched Sam start to try to hot wire each car she went to I kept the zombies from massing against us Sam finally found a car that would work I looked back at the Tank coming at us and hopped into the passenger side of the truck we took off zooming past the Tank and the zombie horde I watched the Tank throw a rock toward us missing the truck completely fuck I yelled.
 
I quickly drove us out of there. The huge chunk of concrete being hurled at us crashed into the side of a building -- basically impaling it. I shifted the truck again and drove a bit faster, shifting into a lower drive as I turned a corner to try and get us out of town. "I don't know what the fuck that was, but if I didn't know any better I would say it was a Tank.. You know.. Damn, just what is going on with this world?" I asked.

I wasn't sure where we should go, but I just knew we had to get out of here. As we left our hometown behind, we would be on our own. There wasn't any survivors that we could tell. "Damn.." I cursed again turning the corner and taking the expressway south. The HOV lane south into Maryland wasn't blocked and that's what I took. I drove the truck over the concrete barricade and started getting us out of Philly.

"So, what do you think? Should we try to go to DC first for some guns at the base at Fort Meade or Fort Detrick? Perhaps we can find out what the hell is going on at least." I was just throwing ideas around. We would need to stop at the PX at Fort Detrick if we stopped there for supplies, but then again -- it might already be raided. "What do you think?"
 
I looked over at Sam and finally said I think your right that was a Tank I kept my eyes glued to the windows making sure nothing else was after us my mind was racing and trying to comprehend all the stuff that was going on I started thinking when Sam said should we try to go to DC first for some guns at the base at Fort Meade or Fort Detrick I began to climb into the back with the duffle bags and began counting how many rounds we had left and what weapons we had left I looked at Sam in the front seat and finally said I think we should stop at Fort Meade but who's to say there aren't anymore of those Tanks there or something worse I also made a count of our weapons we got two shotguns and three 9mm and we are low on ammo so we got to conserve what we got I placed my hand on Sam shoulder and asked are you ok Sam I said with a concerned look on my face.
 
I kept my hands tight on the steering wheel as Cass looked in the backseat. I knew we would run out of ammo eventually, but perhaps we would find more supplies before anything else came after us. I got off the crowded freeway and turned down one of the backwoods roads. I knew my way around here. We would be in D.C. in no time. I then felt his hand on my shoulder. I turned my head and met his gaze. He asked me if I was alright.

"Oh hell yeah, I'm fine.." I quickly responded. I was lying. Honestly, I could feel my body start to deteriorate. The infection flooding my being -- coursing through my veins. My heart rate was quickened and I felt like I was literally on fire. I shook my head free of thoughts. I turned a corner, running into a few zombies, knocking them down with the large truck.

There was another problem just arising within me. I was starving to death. Was it because of the infection? I shook my head again, focusing on the road. "You sure we're not wearing that VR system you got for Christmas? I know we played Left 4 Dead on there, but this is insane.. How could the infected be real? First spitters, then the fucking tank.. It doesn't make any sense, Cass.." I spoke, unsure if even what I was saying was reality.
 
I made a small smile when Sam told me she was fine I began to think of all the things that happened in my life and it was gone like that my family was gone killed by my own hands I kept a watch out the window seeing all the burning cars and buildings on fire I couldn't help but think if its bad here where would it be safe I then heard Sam say something about VR system I chuckled a bit I sold that a few weeks ago needed the cash for the new dlc on fallout 4 I guess that's out of the question now I said laughing a bit I then noticed a small store on the feeder road I tapped Sam arm and said lets stop there maybe they have food and stuff we can use.
 
The fires were enclosing on the building that he told me to stop at. I pulled up in front. I looked around to make sure there weren't any infected before I put it into park. I jumped out and grabbed my head. "Fuck! F-fuck!" I cursed. My head felt so heavy. "God damn it!" I screamed. I don't know why I was feeling like this. "Cass, go check. I'll keep an eye on the truck.. L-looters.. Looters might show up," I said to him. I had to basically push him away to get him to go into the store. "Make it fast.. Batteries and lights, man.. And meat.." I grunted the last part. I didn't know what was going on, but I was transforming. It was like I needed flesh. But hell, I couldn't turn into one of those things.

It was like I was turning into my alter ego. AtomicZombeh. Basically that's what I had always played when we gamed. I was the zombie that was one of them but wasn't one of them. But this all couldn't be happening. I couldn't be one of them, could I? I looked to the side of the truck. The fire was spreading. And then I heard a coughing sound. "Not one of those bastards." I pulled out the pistols and aimed to the rooftops.

As many hours as we put in on that damned game, I knew they would be lurking around there. Smokers. The fucking bastards. "Not today.." I could hear the hacking noise but I couldn't see any trails of smoke that was common for those. Then I turned around as something bumped into me. A scream escaped my throat as I shoved it, or I at least thought I had. The mutated zombie had its tongue around me in nothing flat and holding me against its form. Squeezing the life out of me. "Cass!! CASS!" I screamed.
 
I jumped out of the truck I looked around keeping my hand on my gun I walked over to Sam that's when she told me to go inside and she would stay out by the truck in case of looters I shook my head in agreement and went inside hearing her say Batteries and lights, man.. And meat I began to turn around and almost gave her a double look seeing if i heard her right and saw that she was too busy keeping a eye out I began to go from aisle to aisle getting what we would need got some protein bars and energy drinks to keep us up on the road I then saw a big container for frozen food I began to open it and grabbed some bags of ice and placed some nice cold stuff inside a few meats and cheeses I managed to get the container moved to the front of the shop and went back and grabbed a bag and started to fill up on jerky I began to chuckle I hope this will satisfy Sam I then heard a scream coming from outside and my name being yelled out I ran toward the front of the store and saw Sam wrapped up by something that's when I saw the Smoker standing a few feet from her dragging Sam towards itself I screamed Sam! and began shoot all my clip into the mother fucking creature screaming no not again.
 
I was trying with all my might to pull at the fucking creature's tongue that it had wrapped around me, but it was so tight. It was starting to squeeze the life out of me. What life I had left in me anyway. I struggled to reach for the machete attached to my belt loop but there was just no way. I was pulled back to the creature as I looked over my shoulder. "A female?!" I managed to speak, before it reached out and clawed the back of my shirt open. Then the rounds buzzed past my head. I looked towards Cass and tilted my head to allow him full view of the fucker.

"Kill it!" I screeched out. It cried out before it exploded into blast of smoke. I coughed hard as I dropped to the ground, gasping for breath as the smoke filled my lungs. "God Cass! Just what the fuck is going on?! Are you certain we're not high on some weed that you stole from your dad's evidence locker?! This is too much like the game!"

I was starting to freak out. It might have been the infection starting to work since the fear was taking over. Then I smelled it. "Cass.. You got some right?" I said finally coming to, moving over towards the buggy he had come outside with. I ripped into a package of meat, salami to be precise. Still cold, so it hadn't ruined. I began to devour it.

"God Cass.. You got to promise me.." I managed to speak. "If I start fully turning, you have to kill me.. Please.. I don't know what is going on right now, but this is not right. I'm still alive, but something is going on.." I said standing up on my feet.

The groans started. "Cass, we got to go.." I said, looking in the direction of some of the zombies coming our way because of the noise.
 
I went to Sam side and quickly began to help her up and looked behind her where the smoker was dead on the ground I began to walk over to it when Sam said something about weed and evidence locker I began to speak Sam you know me well enough and that was one time and we were both in high school. I then heard her say you got it and ran toward the cooler next to the front of the store and opened it and began to eat a big chunk of salami I bent down and began to check for a pulse on the dead smoker seeing if was really dead I looked over to Sam when she began to talk about me killing her if she started turning I began to walk over to her and placed hand on her shoulders and said your the only family i got left Sam i'm not going to lose you to this I looked over to where the noise was coming from also and said I've got two bags still near the register full of jerky let me grab that for us I ran into the store and grabbed the two bags when I came out Sam had already placed the cooler into the truck I then saw the horde coming down the street I jumped into the passenger side and yelled drive Sam!
 
I lifted the cooler into the back. My strength was definitely better than what it had been in years past. Didn't know if that was a good thing or not. I shrugged it off. I had finally quelled the hunger that had risen within me. The horde was getting louder as I jumped into the driver seat. I turned the truck on and watched Cass hop in. Two bags full to the brim of jerky and other things. "Damn, when I tell ya to get supplies, you provide," I said with a wink shifting into drive.

The tires squealed as we sped off. The infected chasing after the truck, clawing at the tailgate but we were just a bit faster. Then I looked down at the fuel gauge. "Well, can't make any hasty getaways like that again or else we're going to be blowing fumes.." I said taking a turn. I looked through the windshield and saw the lights going out behind us in the city.

"The whole town is gone it seems and if we don't get fuel soon, we're not going to beat the grid before gas pumps become a thing of the past," I slowed down a bit. "What about that map of yours.. Anything about a gas station near here?" We're down to a quarter besides might need some for mollys.." Really.. I was thinking of molotovs. Oh god, this really was the end. It was all becoming clear now. The apocalypse was here and we were pretty much it.
 
I work at a restaurant smiling I know what to get and what not to get I watched the infected slowly disappearing from view I sat back and exhaled that's when Sam mentioned about low on fumes I slammed my fist on the dash and yelled fuck another thing I looked over at Sam and shook my head yea let me see if there is a gas station nearby I began to comb through the map trying to find our route I chuckled a bit at her molly's comment well I said finally there is a gas station about a 3 miles down that road I pointed to the upcoming turn but i don't know if its still there since this map is from 1990's I laughed finally realizing this might be the end of everything I pulled the bag up on my lap and opened a beef jerky and handed it to Sam and said here I know its not salami that's in the bed of the truck but it will keep you from going hungry till we get somewhere and board up for the night.
 
"Yeah, ain't that the truth," I said taking the food from him, laughing at his comment about how it may not even be there anymore. "And we really need to board up for the night. I know you can't go too much longer without some rest. Neither can I.." I admitted, taking the turn.

Time passed and the few miles were behind us as we pulled up in a driveway. Lo and behold -- the gas station was still there. Not the one listed on the map, but it was a gas station nevertheless.

"So..." I paused stepping out of the truck. "Let's fill up and then go in.. Try not to make too much noise. I don't want to draw too much attention.." I said keeping the machete at my side.

I popped the cap off the gas tank and fiddled with the machine. Pulling out a card I slipped it in. "Machine still works.. Fill'er up while I go scout out the place," I said, still a bit shaken from the Smoker incident. But I could handle it now. Besides, Cass would always be there. He always had my back.

I walked in and looked around, the door creaking a bit as I heard the familiar sound of munching in the corner. I shined the light and brought my machete down hard into the skull before ripping it back out. "Night, motherfucker.." I whispered before looking around for anything other zombie that might be lurking in the store.
 
I began to eat a piece of protein bar trying to keep something in my stomach for the time being I looked outside and noticed a few cars abandoned in the street and saw a few infected roaming around I kept my hand on my gun I looked over at Sam and wondered how she was doing I reached into the back seat for the duffel bag full of guns I began to search for a clip for my gun I chuckled well at least I know how to work a gun in real life I brought two clips from the bag and placed one into the gun and the other into holster and cocked the 9mm making sure to leave the safety on I was happy when i saw the gas station lights still working I got out and kept my hand on my gun I was startled a bit when Sam said to fill it up while she went inside to check around I began to fill up the truck making sure to get it full I looked around and waited for Sam to come back out and saw a car with its trunk open and three gas canisters I walked over to them and walked back and began to fill up the cans thinking to myself we might not be able to get to a gas station where were going I waited a bit longer and began to walk toward the door whispering Sam you okay in there.
 
I continued to walk around as I looked through the shelves. Most of it was cleared out. The shelves knocked about as if there had been a struggle. Well, from what the zombie had been feasting on, the store manager was long gone. Basically in shreds. I kept to myself as I looked through the back room. I found a safe. "Heh, might be a gun, or some rounds.." I thought to myself. I used the tip of the machete to pry at the opening. It was one of those old ones that only used a key and I wasn't about to look for the key at this moment.

The door popped. "Jackpot.. Shotgun shells," I mumbled gathering the tray they were on and tossing them into the small satchel I kept. "Now the shotgu--" I paused when I heard the front door opening. The familiar creek from the hinges. I didn't know if it was an infected or what. Then I calmed down when I heard who it was.. Even if it was a whisper. I could hear him. Damn this infection. I was a super human now.

"In here, Cass.." I spoke, standing up. "I found shotty shells, just need to find the weapon," I said looking behind the desk in the office. I shrugged walking out the door of the back room. "This is just like a game, Cass. So strange. If only we could find a working radio, y'know. Perhaps there's one last radio broadcast going out..Then we could decide where to go from here. If we know what we're dealing with, we can make it," I said walking back to the front of the gas station and grabbing a map, tossing it to him with a smile.
 
Last edited:
I walked inside the gas station but also keeping a eye on the truck I began to shake my head and finally said no Sam this ain't like a game anymore I mean my parents and my little brother are dead I said with a stern look on my face killed by my hand if this were a video game I said gripping the map she tossed at me then its a pretty sick game if you ask me I looked into the corner of the gas station and there was a small old time radio we could use that I said pointing to the radio but before we do that I saw this gas station is connected to a old workshop for vehicles so i think we should stash the truck there and start barricading for the night and try to see where to go from there I began to walk toward the front door and looked back and noticed her eyes no longer icy blue but now bright red you coming I said waiting for her.
 
I looked to his face. He was serious. Cass never got serious. Only two times in his life he's ever gotten serious. One was when we were little and some older kids had picked on us on the playground at school, having pushed me down breaking my arm -- I swear something possessed Cass that day. Then the second time we were older and Jacob Javosky dumped me for Jessica Summers because I wouldn't sleep with him. I don't know what happened, but Jacob ended up with a black eye and I received a two year subscription to XBOX Live from Jacob later the next day. This time was different though. Those people were probably dead and it was only me and Cass at this moment in time.

"Yeah, I know. It's not a game. This is real," I admitted. I looked to him as he asked me if I was coming. "Yeah, I'll come.."

I followed him outside. We took the truck around to the shop out back. Barricading the door inside. It took a bit to lock it down, but we were safe. For the time being.

"Fuck," I grunted sitting down on a leather couch in the corner. "I'm so tired.." I laid my head back. The groaning came. "Ugh.. I can hear them. They're far off and I can hear them.. Fuck this infection," I said pulling off the old bandages, ripping some clothing and wrapping the bite back up. I looked in Cass' direction.

"So.." I said sitting forward.. "What do we do now?" I asked.
 
I began to walk outside watching what cars were nearby making sure no infected saw us we finally got the truck into the shop out back I looked around and saw the shop was in good shape for being old and run down I took the cooler out of the back and the duffel bag full of guns leaving the quick food items in the truck I set the cooler on a table near one of the freezers and placed the guns near the register I began to chuckle to myself well Sam we won't need to barricade the front I pulled down the steel shutters locking them into place I walked over to where Sam was sitting and took out some of the meat I watched Sam writhe in pain from the infection I walked over to her and placed my hand on top of her hands and saying in a hushed tone its going to be alright I took the clothing that she had wrapped her wound with I walked over to the duffel bag and pulled out the first aid I looked and finally said well this is what's going to happen i'm going to bandage that wound and treat it with some cream I bent down and and poured some hydrogen peroxide onto it and began to rub some cream over it and began to wrap it in gaze I chuckled no matter how many times during our childhood together i've always had to do this to you after you got into a fight I handed her some pain pills and said lay back and rest I can keep first watch.
 
I groaned as he took control of the situation. The hydrogen peroxide. I hissed at him playfully before cussing. "Fuck that shit with a ten foot dick, Castiel Laurence Adams!" I said trying to get away from him, but his hand was firm on my own. "Damn you. You always did like treating me like a little kid. But look around us, man. This is..." I just hushed.. "This is Hell, isn't it?" I asked. "We've just up and gone to Hell, huh?"

I grit my teeth as he poured the solution on my wound and bandaged me up. "Fuck this shit.." I cursed again. "Damn it.." I pushed away the pain pills. "What's the point? I don't want to sleep. All I do is hear them. And the screams of the ones that were being taken over by the dead.."

"We're up a fucking creek without a damned paddle. At least we have a truck. And some guns, food and a bit of gas. But where are we to go, Cass, huh?" I asked, resting my head over on his shoulder.

"We're pretty much screwed over.." I said putting my hand on his arm. "And we're all we've got left.."
 
I began to laugh at Sam saying my middle name always have to go right there with the middle name huh Lynne I said smiling this may be hell Sam but at least we are out of the main junction of hell we got out of the city we got to a safe spot for now we are alive I said looking at her head laying on my shoulder at least we are safe I stood up and walked over to the cooler I know you don't want to sleep but you got to Sam I need you with me on this and I can't have you falling asleep so I pulled a small bottle of milk and walked it over to her now i know you love milk so take these pills and drink this milk before it ruins I'll stand watch and wake you if something happens I placed both my hands in front of her.
 
I put my hands up to his and grasped them. I stood up with him, my face coming within inches of his. "Cass. What don't you get?" I said tilting my head just a bit. "I will not sleep. No matter how much you ask me. I probably won't sleep again." I pushed past him and looked out a window in the shop. Outside was dark. There were little to no lights all around but at this moment, I could see everything. All of them. All of the infected. I could see them. My red eyes glowing against the dimmed light in the shop we were in. My own reflection glaring back at me as I focused on what was outside.

"They know I'm here and yet with their limited ability, Castiel.. They can't see me. I don't know if I'm just a hindrance to you or a liability, or whatever it might be," I said waving my hand in the air trying to figure out the word.

"In the end, it might all be a loss. I'm thinking we should head west. To California. We always dreamed of going out there and not only because of all the Comic Cons and game cons that would happen," a smile appearing on my face. "But to survive now. There might be something out there we can do to make a living. To withstand this. To find a cure..." I paused looking at my arm that he had so roughly bandaged against my will, but with much care that only my best friend could give.

"...a cure to turn me back to normal, if not for me -- then for you," I said placing my hand on the wall to brace myself to look back out the window.

"Damn it, Cass.. I guess I'm trying to say I love you, man. And not like a brother like I've kind of always considered you, but.." a small tear started to fall down my face.
 
I finally got told no by Sam I was one of the only people in our town that never got no said to them by Sam I stared into her eyes and withdrew the pills and placed them into my pocket in case I needed them at some point or Sam did I watched Sam walk over toward one of the small windows near the truck I listened to her tell me what she was feeling and was a little bit shocked at what she was saying that she had loved me this whole time and she wanted to get a cure for us I walked close to her and placed my arms around her and began to hold her and said I love you anyway you are Sam I also think this ain't a curse at least your alive and not one of those pointing outside those people are dead Sam but you are not your alive with feelings and you can talk for fuck sake's what i'm trying to say Sam is I have loved you since we meet all those years ago as kids and i would protect you with my last breath.
 
"But I felt dead, Cass. I felt like I was becoming one of them," I said looking back to him for a moment before turning back to the window.

I felt his arms envelope my being and I looked over my shoulder to him. "Really? Why haven't you ever said anything to me before?" I turned to look to him, our faces inches from one another. I looked into his eyes. He was serious again. Cass had changed a bit since this started. Was it because he had to kill his family? Hell, that would change anyone. What was I thinking? He couldn't want me.

"You couldn't want me!" I said pushing myself away. "You just couldn't Cass. This.. This isn't me. I've changed! I can't be with anyone!" I said crossing my arms turned away.
 
I stared deep into Sam's eyes seeing the beauty the red eyes brought her for one we were friends and I didn't think you felt the same way so I was a bit scared confessing my feelings I felt her tug out of my hands and said I couldn't want someone like her I smiled and looked her straight in the eyes and said your my family Sam your all i got in this world and I love you and only you don't care if your part zombie I know we will get through this together and I will be with you every step of the way I said placing my hand onto of Sam's head.
 
Back
Top