rejection notice

Michael142

Virgin
My story "Jamie Yvonne Sarah David CH 02" was rejected, but i do not understand the reason. i have used the same version of Word for this story as for others which have been accepted.

Bolding and italics are used within the Word program so i don't understand what i need do. this is the second of three stories, and would leave some readers hanging.

Also, i have another question:

am i allowed to have more than one user name to submit stories?

Thank you

Michael142

My story "Jamie Yvonne Sarah David CH 02" was rejected, but i do not understand the reason. i have used the same version of Word for this story as for others which have been accepted.

Bolding and italics are used within the Word program so i don't understand what i need do. this is the second of three stories, and would leave some readers hanging.

Thank you

Michael142

As the EF Mod, I made your post into a new thread.

If you click on the rejection link, you should see a page that suggests why the story was rejected. It seems there are two top reasons for rejection: poor punctuation, especially in dialogue, and a question of whether any characters involved in sexual situations are under 18. What did your page say?

Thank you

Michael142

Yes, many people have multiple accounts here and post certain types of stories under their different IDs.

I have found that one needs to submit the story in a Rich Text format if italics and bold characters are used. MS Word's .doc and .docx formats won't work. That might be your problem.

No. You can cut and paste into the submissions box and just manually mark the italics yourself--and the bold, if you really must--but you shouldn't be using italics or bold all that much anyway.

I have found that one needs to submit the story in a Rich Text format if italics and bold characters are used. MS Word's .doc and .docx formats won't work. That might be your problem.

I have always, except perhaps for my first story, just copied my stories into the submission box. While writing them, I insert the HTML tags for italics (rarely anything else). That works just fine and may speed up posting time.

I have always, except perhaps for my first story, just copied my stories into the submission box. While writing them, I insert the HTML tags for italics (rarely anything else). That works just fine and may speed up posting time.

If it works, it works. I'm not that familiar with HTML tags (that's <>, right?) and I always confuse them with the bracket tags that other sites use. So I should be advising already.

If it works, it works. I'm not that familiar with HTML tags (that's <>, right?) and I always confuse them with the bracket tags that other sites use. So I should be advising already.

< > (acute brackets) is used here in the story file, but the square brackets are used on the forum--so, it's natural to be confused by that.

And a follow-up on Michael142's post, if he doesn't give us the wording of the rejection notice, we'd just be spinning wheels in trying to help him with the problem. Much of the time the author doesn't really understand what the story was rejected for.

Back