"To keep the review thread clean..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool Tzara! Did you say you are scheduling fifty? damn man, thirty is hard enough, you are very ambitious.

maybe we can hook up our spouces and write until we drop

night!

oh wait.
I think you just hurled a rock at me?
damn! that was not how I imagined going down....good thing about poetry is that it never actually kills you....always leaves a glass of water and a towel sometimes an astrolabe or a barometer when feeling ironic.

sometimes poetry is a stone caught in a hubcap
wont shut up no matter how fast you drive it just keeps on coming
down the road to Bedlam.

Tzara said:
I will probably regret this. My forward looking schedule is iffy. The daily regimen of poem, poem, poem, poem, poem is, at best, tiring. At its worst, it could break up my marriage.

Well, maybe that is an exaggeration. But anyway, here goes:

Lottery

My slip was not picked.
Nor any my kin.

Strike the drum. Someone
else's time has come.

My soap's on at ten.
So give me a rock.

Let's begin.​

Thank you sophia jane for the mention of, "Put Your Lips Together and Blow" in your reviews and thanks to Sealace and flyguy for their comments; much appreciated as always. :rose:

Thank you MET and Selkie1 for your comments on my poem. And my appreciation as well to those of you who have also taken the time to read.

:rose:

Special Thanks going out to Sophia Jane for the mention of my new poem
* Fall into History in the new poem reviews.

Thank you everyone for all the reads/commentary on my last few poems.
Much appreciation ...

:rose: :rose:

thanks to everyone whose read and/or commented on my latest poems

:heart: you all

Sex&Death said:
Worry Like Clouds by neonurotic answers the question, What if Kafka had a girlfriend?
Thanks for the mention in your reviews today, S&D.

This poem is for a poet, a friend here who is having a difficult time in their life right now and my hope rains down from clouds of worry for them.

Thank you to Sex & Death and Vampire Dust for mentioning my poems. I'm glad they got noticed.

Thanks, MET, for the mention.

Thanks also to vampiredust, J.Doe (haven't seen your comments for a while, good to see you again), and MNS (hum a few bars of Carly Simon for you?) for the comments.

And a fairly astonished thanks to the Lit editors who posted this one the day I submitted it. Yow!

Ass and Arse
Jesus didn't ride no arse
Neither did Sancho Panza
They were on asses

After Brokeback mountain

I wonder about the cowboys

Giving roses to their horse

Yeh, Horse and Whores ain't been on either, neither

MyNecroticSnail said:
Ass and Arse
Jesus didn't ride no arse
Neither did Sancho Panza
They were on asses

After Brokeback mountain

I wonder about the cowboys

Giving roses to their horse

Yeh, Horse and Whores ain't been on either, neither

you seem to be quite an expert here! You seem to have the knowledge or is it credentials... <grin

Quote the Vampiredust

vampiredust said:
The Mirror Unbroken by SunrockSin
Strawberry Season by sugarmountain

These poems were picked as interesting by, well, self-explanatory.

"The Mirror Broken" isn't worth the time. It's rife with misspelled words. And I really don't care if it is intentional. It takes away from the rhythm of the poem. Masticating it.

"Strawberry Season" is definitely worth reading. good flow and unrestricted stanzas. And he debates the usages of strawberries with a subtle flair. Somehow, he was able to tantalize my interest.

The third poem, was of dominance which I find tiring at its most deliberate.

earthlights_dmsp_bigpipe.jpg

Last edited:
The Mystery Valiant said:
These poems were picked as intersting by, well, self explanitory.

"The Mirror Broken" isn't worth the time. It's rife with misspelled words. And I really don't care if it is intentional. It takes away from the rhythm of the poem. Masticating it.

"Strawberry Season" is definitely worth reading. good flow and unrestricted stanza's. And he debates the usages of strawberries with a subtle flair. Somehow, he was able to peak my interest.

The third poem, was of dominance which I find tiring at it's most delberate.

earthlights_dmsp_bigpipe.jpg

i beg to differ.

the poem The Mirror Unbroken does not have one, single spelling error. if it does, i'd like you to point it out.

your post does, however, as i have highlighted above.

have a nice day.

Last edited:
TheRainMan said:
i beg to differ.

the poem The Mirror Unbroken does not have one, single spelling error. if it does, i'd like you to point it out.

your post does, however, as i have highlighted above.

have a nice day.
You missed a pair, TRM. The howler "peak my interest" and "I find tiring at it's most delberate."

Tzara said:
You missed a pair, TRM. The howler "peak my interest" and "I find tiring at it's most delberate."

my bad. i'll add them... ah, fuck it. something tells me he won't get the point anyway.

my eyes were red when i read his post. too red to read his writing right. :cool:

or . . . to read too red his righting write . . . whichever you prefer. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
This is all I will say about how I review poems. I choose poems that pique my interest and I point them out to everyone.

TheRainMan said:
my bad. i'll add them... ah, fuck it. something tells me he won't get the point anyway.

my eyes were red when i read his post. too red to read his writing right. :cool:

or . . . to read too red his righting write . . . whichever you prefer. :rolleyes:
I think I prefer to masticate some poems.

The problem is the really gooey ones get caught in my teeth. My dentist calls that "Hallmark mouth." :)

TheRainMan said:

lol!

Tzara said:
I think I prefer to masticate some poems.

The problem is the really gooey ones get caught in my teeth. My dentist calls that "Hallmark mouth." :)

It would be so bad of me to ask whether you spit or swallow...so I won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back