The Naked Party Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bear, my heart goes out to you. This is a terrible time of year to mark loss, yet I lost a grandmother in the week before Christmas when I was ten. She comes to me when I look at a trio of praying angels she left to me. You're lucky to have forty-six years of love and memories and yet I find myself wishing there was more any of us could do.

I've begun slowly going through HM's things with the Cubette's help. It's amazing the things you find in the back of someone's closet that you never knew were there, like a guitar . . . and a cleaned, bagged choir robe from a church that I'm not sure which one it was. And this is her main clothes closet. Heaven knows what will appear when we get to the storage closet! I'm getting better . . .

I've begun slowly going through HM's things with the Cubette's help. It's amazing the things you find in the back of someone's closet that you never knew were there, like a guitar . . . and a cleaned, bagged choir robe from a church that I'm not sure which one it was. And this is her main clothes closet. Heaven knows what will appear when we get to the storage closet! I'm getting better . . .

It's a path to discovery, dear bear. You'll find yourself in there soon. Be strong, my friend.

It takes time so hang in there.

Also keep a list of the strange things for future plot bunnies. ;)

Some of my happiest memories are locked up in my 'Memories of' stories.

Last Thursday I had a bleak need to go find some dark little watering hole where I could sit in a corner booth and brood. I checked the ratings on a number of local such and found one called the Red Leprechaun less than 10 minutes drive away. I went there and asked for a booth and the cute little waitress took me right over to one by itself. I ordered an Imperial Stout and a bowl of soup and settled down to solitary misery. But this is a neighborhood pub. Apparently misery is not permitted. I told the girl what had happened and . . . well, she essentially kept me company between fetching food and drink to the other patrons. Last night I took the Cubette there and much the same went on. I like this place. The menu is limited but what they do they do well. I think I have my own personal pub, at least until I move up to Portland in a year or so. Everyone has been so kind to a sad old bear. I am so grateful . . .

Bad news. I fear I'm about to lose my lover, my wife, my best friend in the world. She's declining rapidly and unlikely to regain enough strength to begin chemo. This has been such a horrible year . . .

And now I am alone . . .

Wow. I rarely open this thread but hadn't seen your presence lately...timing. So something called me to click when I saw the VM and...

So sorry for your loss, bear, but glad you found a place where everybody knows your name.

ETA: So very sorry. Not meaning to equate the two, but hoping you find some comfort there.

Last edited:
Last Thursday I had a bleak need to go find some dark little watering hole where I could sit in a corner booth and brood. I checked the ratings on a number of local such and found one called the Red Leprechaun less than 10 minutes drive away. I went there and asked for a booth and the cute little waitress took me right over to one by itself. I ordered an Imperial Stout and a bowl of soup and settled down to solitary misery. But this is a neighborhood pub. Apparently misery is not permitted. I told the girl what had happened and . . . well, she essentially kept me company between fetching food and drink to the other patrons. Last night I took the Cubette there and much the same went on. I like this place. The menu is limited but what they do they do well. I think I have my own personal pub, at least until I move up to Portland in a year or so. Everyone has been so kind to a sad old bear. I am so grateful . . .

There's something to be said for a nice, dark pub that serves a nourishing soup. Soup is balm to the soul, and the company of a kind stranger can often be better than your best friend.

Do me a favor though. Should you get too far into your cups, call a cab. I don't want to hear about bears in car accidents. I love you too much.

Neither do I! I restrict myself to two imperial stouts when I'm there, not a drop more. That with a full meal and care driving home is, I think, sufficiently safe. At least, I hope it is.:rolleyes:

Neither do I! I restrict myself to two imperial stouts when I'm there, not a drop more. That with a full meal and care driving home is, I think, sufficiently safe. At least, I hope it is.:rolleyes:

A man your size can handle two with a meal. You should still be below the legal limit.

But sometimes, in the loss of the moment, one forgets one's rules. A cab is always a great backup.

Life gets easier when we accept that death is a part of it. I have a record of not crying at anyone's death...well maybe my dog, but it wasn't his death that I cried upon...it was his suffering. It's hard to watch a 3 months old puppy suffer painfully and then die in front of your eyes.

Maybe I've gone numb from the constant deaths around me...but that's the way I am.

Grieving over someone is perfectly natural, and one is advised to do it to let out any pent up emotions. Regaining that sense of equilibrium is an uphill task.

VM, you've spent more years with her than I have lived myself, and I can understand the attachment with your better half. Other than my condolences and hearty wishes to get better, I've got nothing else to offer.

I hope you get over it soon. :rose::rose::rose:

Bard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back