Unintentional Sources of Inspiration

glad i didn't see that image before writing the piece. suzi is 45, platinum blonde, and diminutive in stature - but fairly chesty, which is kind of a theme with me. :eek:

Well, how about this one. She's only half of 45, but I've seen 45 year olds that look similar.


Charlotte-McKinney-at-Intermix-Clothing-Store--21-662x948.jpg
 
I spent years collecting plot bunnies from my career in mental health, etc. Excellent material comes from every courtroom and every hospital and every school.
I hear you - the consolation of every temp job was filing away the characters and/or locations. :D
 
I have too many sources of inspiration, and my plot bunnies breed like rabbits should.

For example, today I lost the keys to my garage. I had a duplicate, but on that key ring were more important keys that would be a real nuisance to replace.

So:

Man loses keys to his apartment and unexpectedly has to spend a night with his short term girlfriend. He had been thinking that the relationship wasn't going anywhere but during that night she convinces him that she has more to offer.

Same, but she loses her keys (based on plot of La Boheme perhaps).

Man loses keys and chases around town (as I did) visiting everywhere he had been earlier in the day. Meets (variants here) who offers to help and...

Man/woman FINDS keys and tries to return them to their owner... Variants - keys are to a secret place that the owner doesn't want to be associated with; keys don't belong to the person who lost them; keys are to a safe deposit/left luggage locker and reveal (illegal substances, gun, jewels, proceeds of robbery, body parts); keys are labelled with an address but the person living there was unaware there were duplicate keys, so why and who?

And so on.

Eventually I found my keys. I had dropped on the grass verge beside my car as I was loading it.
 
1st voice: It's locked. Do you have a key?
2nd voice: No, but I've got a lid in the car.

I think that was the Firesign Theatre.

Story gerbils and bunnies are everywhere. Catching and taming them, aye, that's the rub.
 
Back
Top