Writing Challenge: 50 Words -- With a Twist

resemblance, torpid, cucumber


Since my cock had become torpid my wife's use of the cucumber had a strong resemblance of my previous condition.

keyboard, calendar, medication
 
keyboard, calendar, medication

What was I thinking?
Seriously, how did I think I can pull off this ‘write 50000 words in a month’ thing?
It’s not like I don’t write enough on my own, but dedicating a whole calendar month to sitting in front of a keyboard?
I should be on some medication.


Hell - Boundaries - Drink
 
Hell - Boundaries - Drink

Now I am not one to use words like hell, but sometimes, I admit, I think them. What is it with guys that think that boundaries are for everyone, but them? Why do they think that if they pay for a drink, they are entitled to access to my body?

Entitlement, lift, sandwich
 
Bringing back the squishy
Entitlement, lift, sandwich

“I can’t believe he told me to make him a sandwich,” she bitched as the guy’s entitlement ate at her. “He is not that sexy … and a jerk.” With a lift of the plate she brought he hero to him, mad as much that she agreed to do it.

Tree - Comment - Farm
 
Tree - Comment - Farm

“Lucy DeVale? The fellow next farm over said I should look for a pretty view in the trees. Didn’t think to take him so literally.” The wind blew as she walked along the high tree branch. He bit his lip rather than comment on the view up her flowing skirt.


---
I always find these a challenge since I tend to lots of description. :)

Leggings - boater - brilliant
 
---
I always find these a challenge since I tend to lots of description. :)

Leggings - boater - brilliant

(That's kind of the fun of the challenge. How to tell a story as vivid as possible in such controlled means. I find it takes drafts, the first around 70 words, then leading me to pick and choose the right approach. Tough choice of words by the way.)

The brilliant sun shined through the window as Lindsey scrubbed the floor of her condo’s kitchen. Her head banged from the night before, but she continued the work dressed in a ratty t-shirt and leggings. Guilt cleaning, regret from letting random boaters at the regatta pour drinks down her throat.


(Now for the Halloween theme)
Zombies - House - Trick
 
Zombies - House - Trick

Carol was watching the House of Zombies on her old, beat up television. She didn't really like horror movies, but her tv only got one channel, and sometimes not even that one came in clearly. The trick was to pile on the aluminum foil at the end of the antenna.


pumpkin, steel, rosary
 
"Don't forgot your rosary, pumpkin," Daddy said as she headed out the front door.
Daddy thought I was heading to church, an excuse that works in a steel town.
Pumpkin, though, was heading to see Bobby ... and his Camero's back seat; but Daddy doesn't need to know that does he.

Dark - fall - history
 
Dark - fall - history

It was a dark day in the history of my life when I met John Campbell. Little did I know on that Fall day that he would become first my friend and then my nemesis. Who knew that something as simple as a video game could tear two friends apart.

Parthenon, silly, cabbage
 
I try to make my entries here sound like they could be excerpts from a story/RP on Lit, but this one I think I'm just going to get out there to get us moving since we've been stalled for a week. :)

Parthenon, silly, cabbage
---
“No seriously”, he groaned, “listen to this: ‘the encampment crowned the hill like the Parthenon, the defenses unfolding about it like leaves of cabbage.’ I mean that metaphor, it’s pretty silly, don’t you think?”
---

sweat, sweet, swear
 
sweat, sweet, swear

“I swear, it was so sweet of you to come help little old me hang this picture. I know if it was left up to me there would be a lot of sweat and blood involved, or worse, broken fingernails.”

“No problem, lady. I was glad to help.”


people, trip, cake
 
people, trip, cake

((Giving this a bump because daddy is fighting a little bit of the writers block this morning))

“This is crazy,” she sighed.
“What, why?” I kept focused on the road as we dodged people out doing their early holiday shopping.
“It’s not like Rufus will care, he is a dog!”
I smirked. “It’s his birthday.”
“I know, I know … but … Who buys a dog cake?”

writer - block - morning
 
It was a simple wooden knickknack, a block with holes drilled in it. The writer used it to store his pencils, point down. Morning had already arrived, but Zavier's motivation had not. Sighing, he stared at the blank page on his desk before him. Perhaps he'd go for a stroll.

Fever---Obscure---Wealth
 
Fever---Obscure---Wealth

The man was digging furiously, caught up in the fever. “Aha,” he exclaimed as he found a small nugget of gold. He placed it in the leather pouch around his neck with the rest of his wealth. Then, using a brush, he worked to obscure any signs of his digging.


Thanksgiving, aspirations, porridge
 
What had started as humble breakfast porridge now had aspirations to a Thanksgiving dinner. But Melanie turned off the burner and set the bag of dried cranberries down on the counter. I stood behind her, running my hands across the front of her dress. Breakfast could be warmed up later.

certainty, unique, goggles
 
certainty, unique, goggles

With complete certainty, Josh couldn’t be more thankful for the unique gift his uncle gave him for his birthday. Night vision goggles, intended to help him on his scouting trips into the woods at night. They were perfect … PERFECT … especially when he could see into Miss Abernathy’s house.

whiskey ... old ... fashion (two guesses what I am drinking tonight)
 
whiskey ... old ... fashion

Becca took the last cruel sip of whiskey, placing her glass back onto the bar with a thud. She looked down at her little black dress, smoothing the wrinkles down with her nervous, sweaty palms. She was not old, but fashion wasn't what she was focused on in that moment.

persnickety - shrink - dirty
 
persnickety - shrink - dirty

I have a persnickety washing machine. It makes loud noises and moves around a lot. I should buy a new one, but this one does get the dirty clothes clean. I don't really have a problem with it, but I don't know why it manages to shrink my husband's clothes.

icy, celery, chocolate
 
icy, celery, chocolate

Some people love this time of year, but I sure don’t. Yeah, the season is filled with holiday cheer, spiced coffees, and chocolate covered bonbons. But that holiday cheer will soon be replaced with icy roads, and the bonbons replaced with resolutions and celery based diets. Happy Frickin’ Holidays Everyone.


wet - five - boots
 
LOL

wet - five - boots

It was cold, wet and snowing. Not the best weather in which to be out and around. Pam was grateful that she was wearing calf high waterproof boots as she sloughed through the snow drifts. “How much snow do you think we'll get?”

“About five feet,” was the response.

bough, score, prompt
 
bough, score, prompt
(That was a lot tougher than expected)

Jimmy didn’t want to die like this.
Laid out on the bough of the old tree outside Melissa’s bedroom, naked. Her dad was more prompt then expected, so now, naked on a branch Jimmy hoped the thing wouldn’t break like that damn nursery rhyme. That, and he didn’t even score.

Lion - Never - Get
 
I like what you did with it though.

Lion - Never - Get

Tammy sat on the bar stool sipping her drink. She wanted five minutes of quiet, after the long day.

“What's your sign, Babe?”

She sighed, “The lion.”

“Never would have guessed that. Wanna see my lion roar?”

On that note, Tammy decided to get up and go home.


practical. icicle, button
 
practical, icicle, button

It wasn't practical, but he had to knock the huge icicle down somehow. He aimed his camera to take a selfie and pushed the shutter button as he jumped out of his second story window, lunging after the icicle.

They showed his incredible selfie at his funeral.


collie, shower, yellow
 
collie, shower, yellow

The collie stood on the porch shaking his body. That created a shower of snow that scattered ice crystals everywhere, even on me. From where I stood, I could see the puddle he had created. I had to laugh. Now I know why my mother said, “Never eat yellow snow.”


brake, octopus, pancakes
 
Brake, octopus, pancakes

We were driving to church. Suddenly he slammed on the brake, and reached over and started ripping off my clothes like an octopus strangling its prey. I smiled...the Viagra I had mixed in his pancakes did it's job! Probably should have done it yesterday though...


Chicken, geometry, passion
 
Back
Top