How Long Before A Submitted Story Is Published?

JSABD

Experienced
Joined
Jan 19, 2019
Posts
44
I submitted a story on Saturday but it is still not published and I have received no notification about its status. I'm new here and not sure how things work.
 
Figure 2-3 days minimum, but some are mentioning 5-7 days.
 
It normally takes two to five days, depending on whether there's a contest going and whether you are a new author here. There is a new contest going and you appear to be a new author here, so it could be a few more days.

The only notification you'll see that it's bee posted is that it will appear on the master and category hub "new" list and will change on your personal page from "pending" to "approved."
 
It normally takes two to five days, depending on whether there's a contest going and whether you are a new author here. There is a new contest going and you appear to be a new author here, so it could be a few more days.

The only notification you'll see that it's bee posted is that it will appear on the master and category hub "new" list and will change on your personal page from "pending" to "approved."

Thanks for the heads up!
 
My latest has just popped up today which was 6 days after submission. At the same time I had a minor edit pop up that was sent in 7 days ago.
 
How long for edited?

Hi,

Though my account is pretty old, I'm actually quite new here. My apologies if this is not the right place to post this. I didn't want to create a new thread because it is a similar topic.

Is the pending time longer for "edited" submissions? The only information I found were on the FAQ. Actually, I thought it would be quicker since it is the same story just with better grammar and editing.

So far, my new submissions have been rather quick, a couple of days or so. But I have 2 edits stuck in pending for well over a week, going on 2. If this is normal, I'm fine with it. I'm just concerned if I'm doing something wrong or clicked something wrong and they're not actually in the waiting queue.

I posted a new story while the 2 edits were pending and the new one was approved normally like before within a couple of days. So that made me even more convinced something was not right with those 2 edits.

Would greatly appreciate any light shed on this topic for future references on edit submissions.

Thank you!
 
Edits go to the end of the line in favor of those taking their first shot, so it can take some time for edits to take hold, especially when there are delays in first-submission processing, as there apparently are now during the site's Valentine's Day contest.
 
Thank you for the reply. If this is normal, I'm perfectly fine. Just wanted to make sure no technical issues on my end.

:)
 
Edits go to the end of the line in favor of those taking their first shot, so it can take some time for edits to take hold, especially when there are delays in first-submission processing, as there apparently are now during the site's Valentine's Day contest.

uh oh! I submitted a story the other day and then edited and re-submitted.
 
Back
Top