Dragon Ball: Forgotten Generations (OOC)

Maybe. Do you have anymore details?

The original thread took place many years after the events of the canonical universe. Most of the fighters in the thread were simply descendants of the previous warriors, and fought in underground tournaments. I had it in mind for Android 18 (who shut down) to be the big bad for the story, but we never got that far.
 
I strongly prefer setting the story in an A.U., which will allow for a bit more creativity when it comes to playing characters. Writers can certainly use established characters, however.
 
For example...

This is the character I used / will probably be using again*:

*Pending changes to her bio

2c893c400c933a70c48d772e6a2ba8b8.jpg


Name: Vanessa Ocean
Age: 27
Race: Human / Saiyan
Height: 5'6"
Hair: Black
Eyes: Black

Appearance:
Vanessa has raven black hair that falls down past her shoulders to the small of her back; a few bangs hang over her forehead and just above her eyes. She has tan skin with a sophisticated tribal tattoo on her right shoulder and upper arm. She typically wears dark clothes, ranging from black shirts to dark coats.

Personality:
Vanessa can seem rather cold and distant to those she doesn't respect, and she rarely pays attention to anyone that she doesn't hold in high regards. Her love of fighting often causes trouble for herself and others, but she has never had a problem making it out on top. Her Saiyan blood gives her an edge in combat, and whenever she feels upset this dormant power swells inside her and she becomes stronger and more agile... as if a beast is caged within her body and aches for release.

Bio:
Though she has no clue as to her heritage, Vanessa is a very competent fighter, excelling at both hand-to-hand combat and in the use of staves. Her father, Thomas, was a street fighter, and he taught Vanessa quite a bit of his techniques in case she ever needed to use them herself. She attributes everything she knows to him, including the powerful fighting spirit that drives her on. Her mother, Cynthia, works two jobs: one as a waitress and the other at a supermarket, desperately trying to provide some manner of comfort in their poor lives.

Because of her families poor, social status, Vanessa grew up without any formal education, having never attended any sort of schools. She picked up everything she knows from either her parents or from the streets, which she has made a dominant part of her life. Although her father was a respected fighter, Vanessa has become deeply involved with a rather notorious street gang, with whom she is one of its top members. (It is rumored that she and the leader of a gang, a man by the name of Vincent, are in a relationship, as the two are seldom seen apart. Anyone that wishes to deal with Vanessa has to deal with Vincent and for anyone that wants in with Vincent has to go through Vanessa)

For the most part society is dominated by the wealthy elites, living together in their rich mansions and estates. The poorer regions of the world are dominated by clans or gangs, whom either prey on the helpless or rebel against the established order. Vanessa, thankfully, belongs to the latter of the two, though she has no qualms about beating anyone up that crosses her path (be they of a noble spirit or otherwise).​
 
Last edited:
The original thread took place many years after the events of the canonical universe. Most of the fighters in the thread were simply descendants of the previous warriors, and fought in underground tournaments. I had it in mind for Android 18 (who shut down) to be the big bad for the story, but we never got that far.

That sounds cool. It's been awhile since I've done any DBZ stuff so I'm going to play one of the games tonight and get re-familiarized with the universe. I'll work on a character and hopefully have him up by tomorrow. From your character's bio I was thinking of some kind of anti street gang vigilante. I remember Gohan was some kind of super hero, but I don't remember the specifics.

Also I assume most everyone from the shows have died? Like we're not going to see Goku or any of his kids/grand kids running around right? Also are our characters allowed to go super saiyan?
 
To put that another way... think of the potential fights being on a level of Dragon Ball, with later fights in the thread touching on the very early episodes of Dragon Ball Z.
 
To put that another way... think of the potential fights being on a level of Dragon Ball, with later fights in the thread touching on the very early episodes of Dragon Ball Z.

So yes or no on energy attacks? I started with DBZ when raditz came to Earth, so I've never actually seen dragon ball. I know the basic story, but I never actually watched it.
 
Ki-based attacks will be severely limited for most of the RP. As the story develops, and as characters begin to grow in power, I imagine they'll become more familiar tools.
 
Ki-based attacks will be severely limited for most of the RP. As the story develops, and as characters begin to grow in power, I imagine they'll become more familiar tools.

Ok cool. My character should be up some time tonight. Should we start after I have my character up or should we wait for more people to join?
 
Name: Connor

Age: 22

Race: Human

Height: 6'1"

Hair: Black

Eyes: Brown

Appearance: Connor keeps his hair in a long neat pony-tail. He is very muscular and has pale skin. On his stomach is a long scar from a knife wound, and on the left side of his face are several small scars from where a bottle was broken across the side of his head. He has many more scars but these are the most noticeable. He wears jeans, a t-shirt, and a faded brown leather jacket as his "street" clothes, while in the mantle of Fang he wears baggy black pants with a red belt and highlights, black boots with red laces, a red and black tunic, and a sabertooth tiger skull mask.

Personality: Connor is normally very quiet and reserved rarely showing his emotions, and he uses Fang as an outlet for his rage.

History: Connor grew up an orphan on the streets, never knowing his parents or his origin. At the age of six he was taken in by a master at a local dojo. He grew up learning discipline and various fighting styles and techniques. At the age of seventeen, after his mater and adopted father was killed by a street gang, Connor dedicated his life to destroying the street gangs that plague his city, and bringing peace and justice to the streets.

Connor created the alter ego of Fang. As Fang, Connor fights off gang members and protects citizens from harassment. He usually refrains from killing, but on occasion he has killed gang members, usually higher ranking members. The locals regard him as a hero, and while he is officially wanted by the police, he is usually left alone by the officers who patrol the streets. Fang also fights in tournaments, using any money he wins to buy food and clothing for himself (as he now lives on the streets). Connor has been trained to fight with a variety of weapons, but his favorite is a nightstick, which Fang is rarely seen without.
 
So I wasn't sure who Connor's ancestor should be. I was thinking he could be a descendant of Krillin and 18, which could be cool for her coming back as a bad guy and fighting one of her descendants. If you don't want Connor to be related to 18, than he is the descendant of Vegeta. I figured back when Vegeta was the prince he probably had a few flings with some saiyan ladies, and at least one of them got pregnant. So Connor is the descendant of one of Vegeta's bastards.

It doesn't matter to me who Connor is a descendant of, so I'll leave the final call on that to you.

I'm ready to start now, but I agree that we should try to get more people onboard before we get the IC up. I would prefer to start on a weekend though, it's easier for me to post more on weekends. I'm looking forward to writing this story :)
 
I know that it might seem like I'm taking the fun out of a lot of elements that made Dragon Ball interesting, but I promise that it'll make the story a lot better at the start.

So on that note... no flying (for now).
 
I know that it might seem like I'm taking the fun out of a lot of elements that made Dragon Ball interesting, but I promise that it'll make the story a lot better at the start.

So on that note... no flying (for now).

I get why you're doing it. The story won't be much fun if we're all gods lol.

Do you have any preference on Connor's family tree?
 
Wow, I almost never see DBZ stuff floating around. I think with the set up you're going you'd probably be much better off to have two alterations. One I think you are startign the power levels too low. It's not DBZ if people can't shoot fireballs, it's just generic RP. (Nothing wrong with that but why limit yourself to the DBZ verse and then utterly cut yourself off from it's major selling point?)

The secon dis that if we're down the timeline any significant distance one of four. . .well three point five things has to be true. First and most likely. Anybody with Saiyan blood is related to Goku and/or Vegeta. They are (well and Vegeta's brother Tarble) the only known sources of Saiyan DNA in the entire universe. Second it's so far down the line that it doesn't matter if they are related to Goku and Vegeta. Third there were other Saiyans floating around the universe unknown to anybody and they eventually made their way to earth because reasons. Given what we learned from the recent Ressurection of F movie they were simply wished back. Or you know alternate Universe. As of Battle of Gods the Multiverse is confirmed for Dragonball. I'd honestly be shocked if there isn't a world where either Frieza never found the Saiyans or where they were simply stupid strong and curb stomped him.

I'd be quite happy to play a DBZ RP. I've got a few characters that could probably hang in that set up.
 
I understand what you're saying about cutting ourselves off from what makes DB so enjoyable, but I like to work towards the point where using energy attacks is fun, rather than simply routine. Rest assured, there will be a point in the RP where using energy attacks will become natural for the characters.

Also, as I mentioned, I'm a big fan of setting things in an A.U. It will allow us to create plot points that wouldn't be possible if things were dictated/restricted by canon.

In any case, nothing is exactly set in stone right now. I'd be happy to hear what you have in mind as far as characters are concerned.

:rose:
 
And for the record, I don't see us going 500+ posts before we start using energy attacks. It will be much sooner than that.
 
That's cool then. And I didn't mean start off as Gods by the by. That's one thing that I've never loved about DBZ is the power leaps. Literally over the span of a single arc (Since technically Raditz-Frieza is one arc even most consider it two or three) you go from being able to fly and shoot fireballs being a big deal to the planets people fight on are weaker than the people fighting on them. Seriously Krillin could probably nuke the planet without breaking a sweat.

I guess it depends on what races we have available to us before I'd really do it. I've got a few decent possibilities for every race.
 
No worries, I knew you didn't mean to say that we should all be able to destroy the Earth ten-times over.

So... with that said... hit me with your best shot!

:: powers up ::
 
Last edited:
Back
Top