Save the Cheerleader

He paused and her heart flew into her mouth as she dreaded the words he would speak. His laugh added to her fears, but he smiled at her and took her hand and she found that she clung to it as she searched his expression for some indication of what he was thinking.

“Sorry, I wouldn’t have guessed that between the two of us, you would be the one asking me if I wanted to be with you. Guys like me don’t get to be with girls like you.”

Still she didn't understand. What did he men by 'guys like him'?

“You’ve just met me Mandy, but I know you. I’ve sat behind you in class, watched you in football games, seen you around campus. I know more about you than you know about me."

He had looked vaguely familiar to her, but she had not known he had been watching her, not known that he had been assigned to be her handler.

"I know things don’t always go your way, but you always seem to make people happy. Just watching you makes me happy."

She blushed. This was nothing to do with her powers, or the Russians, or anything like that. He actually liked her for her, she realised.

“I don’t know what will happen when we leave this room. I don’t know what your friends would say about me, probably nothing nice cause I’m not like the guys you should be with. I don’t know if I can do anything to make you any happier than you already are.”

She hadn't even thought about her friends, the 'crowd' she ran with. Sure they always had 'opinions' and yes, maybe the guys she dated were part of that whole group, she now realised, but if they didn't approve, then she found she didn't care.

“As long as I’ve known you, I’ve wanted to protect you and be with you, but I was too afraid to ask. It was easy to promise Mandy. It’s easy for me to say forever and ever. Cause I always wanted that, as long as I’ve known you.”

She was shocked by his words, stunned that he wanted her, truly wanted her in the way he had said. So, it wasn't just a story he had told her to have sex with her.

“I promise. Forever and ever.”

Her smile was luminous as she echoed.

"Forever and ever ... "

Whether he moved to her, or she to him, Mandy didn't know, but their lips locked in a kiss that was more tender than passionate, but left her no less breathless when they broke apart.

"You said something about getting some food?"

She suggested shyly.

"We should get out of her maybe ... and besides ... you know all about me, so I need to find out about you ... "

He was right, she didn't know him at all, she only knew that perhaps he was what she had been looking for ... for a long time ...
 
They agreed on food, and a bit of a plan from here. Get themselves presentable before leaving this old locker room, then walk down to her locker room where she can do whatever she wants to do before they head out to find some dinner.

There was a bit of awkwardness after they disengaged. That moment when the intimacy ends mutually for the moment. Of course, his items were easily at hand, and he could start slip them on. He was a little embarrassed that he was standing naked in front of a girl, even if they just agreed that she was his girlfriend, even if she just had his limp member inside her. But a guy can have a short memory of awkwardness when there is an equally naked woman nearby. As she slipped back on her clothes, he couldn’t but to help to watch her. Those curves he used to idolize, the softness of her skin he so recently found, and even the little imperfections - a freckle here, a birthmark there - became things he couldn’t help to study like a short lived shooting star.

When they were ready they left the old locker room, and in moments they were out onto the quad.

He thought of a pressing question she seemed to have before, and before bringing it up he reached for her hand and encircled his fingers in hers. “So, what do you want to know about me? Or … if it’s a more needful question .. where do you want to go to eat?”
 
Back
Top